ODFL | Pre-Hire Strength Test

• Thread starter Deleted member 40094
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40094

I submitted an application, was offered a P&D position, and am going through the background checks, etc.

The last thing I might have to do is a strength/agility test. If anyone here has been through it, what does this test involve so I can be prepared?

I submitted an application, was offered a P&D position, and am going through the background checks, etc.

The last thing I might have to do is a strength/agility test. If anyone here has been through it, what does this test involve so I can be prepared?
It's different everywhere.Here consist of lifting,pushing,pulling,carrying,stepping&climbing.

It's different everywhere.Here consist of lifting,pushing,pulling,carrying,stepping&climbing.

Level of difficulty? Could a 130 lb guy of less than moderate strength pull it off?

Did an ergonomics test for a different job but was hired at od 6 months ago and did not do one didn’t know od did them

Hit the gym. P&D ain’t ever for the weak. Moved a California King Mattress into a house for a lovely bored housewife last week and she ain’t even give her husband a look while she watched me powerhouse that box through their front door all on my own. Ask yourself if you can do that? Because if you pass the test and can’t there won’t be no one helping you unless you’re some pretty lil thang driver 10-4.

Hit the gym. P&D ain’t ever for the weak. Moved a California King Mattress into a house for a lovely bored housewife last week and she ain’t even give her husband a look while she watched me powerhouse that box through their front door all on my own. Ask yourself if you can do that? Because if you pass the test and can’t there won’t be no one helping you unless you’re some pretty lil thang driver 10-4.
And that's a lie.Cause you not suppose to go into someone's house.Billy been feeding the goat and again.lol

I know several that they didn't pass agility test and was not hired.

I'll try to stall them as much as possible while I buff up. I'm fortunate to have other jobs lined up if the OD dream dies.

My boy Billy!!

Inside delivery? Back in another state when I did P&D, we weren’t allowed in the houses on residential. Remember the treadmills and stair climbers. What joy. Up the driveway and to the garage door or porch. That’s as far as I went.

Inside delivery? Back in another state when I did P&D, we weren’t allowed in the houses on residential.

I think it's mostly liftgate/pallet jack/drop it on the driveway stuff - easy peasy. I wouldn't go in anyone's house either for liability reasons. Even to show off to the proverbial lovely bored housewife.

I think it's mostly liftgate/pallet jack/drop it on the driveway stuff - easy peasy. I wouldn't go in anyone's house either for liability reasons. Even to show off to the proverbial lovely bored housewife.
The state I transferred from was relatively flat. But here some driveways are freakin hills. Oh yeah, I was offered many views, liquid refreshment, money and such. Never took the bait, just did my job. We were told never step into a residence. Liability and other issues.

Also, I have never heard or had a strength test done to me. Neither state that I have worked for OD. Course it could be something new.

The only reason for them to make you take a test is if you had a injury that you listed.

It could be something new.

The online application had a page where you checked off if you had a knee injury, shoulder injury, etc. in the past. I broke my collarbone over 20 years ago so I checked off "shoulder injury" just to be thorough.

I should know by the end of this week.