SAIA | Pre Pass Still Here or Gone?

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Do we not have the pre pass in the linehaul units any more? I doesn't seem like I have seen any in the new tractors and haven't seen any lately.

We still got it here in the Carolinas. Last new truck that came in did not have it, but the driver just made some calls and one was mailed to our terminal. Maybe you should make some noise about it. Pre-Pass saves Saia an unbelievable amount of money on overweight fines. Makes no sense not to have them in every road unit. If you're over and the scales are open, you got a 50/50 chance of not getting weighed.

We still got it here in the Carolinas. Last new truck that came in did not have it, but the driver just made some calls and one was mailed to our terminal. Maybe you should make some noise about it. Pre-Pass saves Saia an unbelievable amount of money on overweight fines. Makes no sense not to have them in every road unit. If you're over and the scales are open, you got a 50/50 chance of not getting weighed.

I would be happy to do that, but I slipseat. I haven't had an assigned tractor since I left for the dark side. The only time I drive the same tractor more than one trip is on laydowns.

I'm still waiting for an assigned truck to put it in. Funny, the last two trucks I've had have had them in the units and I have either crossed the border to a closed scale house for went on runs where they aren't used. Of course, next time.......:chairshot:

Lemme guess, it was sent to a regional shop for a pm and was sent back out, but not to your home terminal.

thought that might have been just a CLT region thing. we've had a CIN line truck for 2 months that we got as a spare in CLT. BHM has had one of our line trucks for 3 or 4 months b/c a CLT driver got it and broke down in BHM. gotta love it...