ODFL | Pre-post trip and fuel pay..

daddy o

TB Lurker
Credits
OD had another great year! Hope OD management might reconsider drop and hook and fuel pay,, maybe coming up with a flat rate for drop and hooks! And flat rate on fuel that’s more than a 1.50! This pay rate has not been looked at in over 13 years, just a thought

OD had another great year! Hope OD management might reconsider drop and hook and fuel pay,, maybe coming up with a flat rate for drop and hooks! And flat rate on fuel that’s more than a 1.50! This pay rate has not been looked at in over 13 years, just a thought
It has and you all have had a increase.Here we go again.Believe it was a $1 before.

Well, either way it is low and needs to be looked at. My hope is they open the pockets a bit more this year like they did for the executive team. All of us work long hours for the company, (long hours of my choice not complaining). We all see what a few other companies have already done for their employees in the form of compensation and I hope they take notice and one up them all.

Well, either way it is low and needs to be looked at. My hope is they open the pockets a bit more this year like they did for the executive team. All of us work long hours for the company, (long hours of my choice not complaining). We all see what a few other companies have already done for their employees in the form of compensation and I hope they take notice and one up them all.
Yes, after what Fedx got this year.Yes,we deserve a couple more dollars for sure.

You guys running line making 6 figures and it's just never enough, where OD is lacking in stop pay, they make up for it in mileage and keeping you moving. Ya'll complaining wouldn't have a clue where to make this big money ya'll making right now if the rug was pulled out from under you.

It has and you all have had a increase.Here we go again.Believe it was a $1 before.
Yeah that’s right here we go again! I like OD! Top notch 401k, great facilities, excellent equipment, good maintenance, and management that lets you do your job in my opinion, so what’s wrong with trying to make OD a better job to work! I’m not asking for something for nothing! It’s a legitimate issue to look at!

You guys running line making 6 figures and it's just never enough, where OD is lacking in stop pay, they make up for it in mileage and keeping you moving. Ya'll complaining wouldn't have a clue where to make this big money ya'll making right now if the rug was pulled out from under you.
I can think of 3 places right now, but that is beside the point, OD is a good company to work for why not try to make it better if you can! As far as what road drivers make who cares I’m sure a lot of drivers had the opportunity to go to the road I know drivers who did. Those drivers made the change to benefit there situation problem solved!

Yeah that’s right here we go again! I like OD! Top notch 401k, great facilities, excellent equipment, good maintenance, and management that lets you do your job in my opinion, so what’s wrong with trying to make OD a better job to work! I’m not asking for something for nothing! It’s a legitimate issue to look at!
Like Billy said line already makes a lot more money than the city driver's.I just don't get why you all want to complain about fuel and drop/hook pay.

Every single time I run linehaul I roll down the highway with a smile on my face in disbelief that I'm making more money to do less work than I do all week in the city. Seriously, while your standing at the fuel pump waiting for the tanks to fill try to think about the guy that has 15 poorly loaded deliveries leaving the yard at 11am. 400lb screenhouses to residential areas 6 skid inside deliveries to schools and then dispatch sending 6 pickups 2 hours after leaving the yard. Maybe then fueling the truck won't seem so hard. Before you know it you'll be back on the highway with the cruise control on listening to satellite radio averaging $35+ dollars an hour.

I was brought up the other day, saying how happy I must be cause I never complain..... I told them in front of everyone, I don't complain because it does no good at all and a total waste of time to say anything. I just shut up and do my job.

Every single time I run linehaul I roll down the highway with a smile on my face in disbelief that I'm making more money to do less work than I do all week in the city. Seriously, while your standing at the fuel pump waiting for the tanks to fill try to think about the guy that has 15 poorly loaded deliveries leaving the yard at 11am. 400lb screenhouses to residential areas 6 skid inside deliveries to schools and then dispatch sending 6 pickups 2 hours after leaving the yard. Maybe then fueling the truck won't seem so hard. Before you know it you'll be back on the highway with the cruise control on listening to satellite radio averaging $35+ dollars an hour.
Amen!!!!! So tired of listening to line driver's complain about more money.Come do my job a couple days and the $1.50 Will seem petty..

Amen!!!!! So tired of listening to line driver's complain about more money.Come do my job a couple days and the $1.50 Will seem petty..
Who was complaining? If you have a issue you see if can get addressed! I like the company and they have treated me fairly, it’s funny that several of the last posts claim that linehaul drivers complain and if you don’t like it quit, and then in the same breath you say management won’t listen to you! Who’s complaining?

I think they would do better to look at the overtime issue before worrying about paying us more to drop and hook. If you drop and hook in a timely manner (say 30 minutes) it equals out to $24/hr. For what we make, why quibble over peanuts? We don’t know yet what our raise will be this year, but in the past 5 years my rate of pay has gone up 20%. For what I get, I’ll give a little.

Good point. My theory is, if we don’t like the situation or what’s expected of us, we can go elsewhere. Personally, I don’t get involved with trying to bring change. Stay under the radar.
I like my situation! But I am a capitalist I believe in trying to get what the job market bears, doesn’t mean I don’t like my job! If you went to sears to buy a dryer or washer and you think maybe you could get a better deal would you talk to the salesman? I would! I understand to fly under the radar, on the other hand sometimes drivers won’t say anything, case in point the squeegee at the fuel Island was broken for over a week in the winter, a few drivers talked of bringing their own squeegee in, finally a driver went in a told a center manager about it. Problem resolved! I’ll talk to anyone about an issue, you just have to be respectful and courteous, it’s either yes or no, what’s so hard about that!

I think they would do better to look at the overtime issue before worrying about paying us more to drop and hook. If you drop and hook in a timely manner (say 30 minutes) it equals out to $24/hr. For what we make, why quibble over peanuts? We don’t know yet what our raise will be this year, but in the past 5 years my rate of pay has gone up 20%. For what I get, I’ll give a little.
I can't like this comment enough. Look I'm not knocking the op for wanting an extra $1 or whatever for fueling but the overtime issue is a much more valid concern. Especially when all the other big LTL companies have a better ot policy than OD. Yes, I understand if you don't like it leave but I shouldn't have to. Why can't OD just do something more comparable to what other companies do? Just do the right thing and reward the guys that stay out as long as it takes to get the work done.