R&L | Pre trip

red tags

For a good laugh when you find the tag go and hang it on the shop truck LOL:hysterical:...... Yes the L/H drivers do get red tags it's not just a city thing... Its a sad situation though most guys i see don't even kick a tire or walk around the truck:chairshot: hell most guys don't even carry a flashlight...... So it's their own fault for getting wrote up...

Unfortunatley it appears to me that a lot of drivers think a Thourough Pre Trip is when you put the Key in the ignition and the truck starts and moves :chairshot:

Monday morning after they sat all weekend I watched two drivers just jump in and fire them up.. Couldn't even be bothered to pop the hood....

Thursday night I had one under my tractor behind the the tail lights. I just happened to see it when I was hooking up to my trailer. Then again last night I had one in my triangle box. Every night I see the same driver come in and he spends more time hooking up his xm than do a pre-trip. I dont think he has ever opened the hood! Last night he was handed 2 write ups for tags. No days off just warnings. A few months ago I came in on a monday night and was handed a write up for a tag that was placed on my truck on friday night. The only problem was that I was OFF that night!!

Thursday night I had one under my tractor behind the the tail lights. I just happened to see it when I was hooking up to my trailer. Then again last night I had one in my triangle box. Every night I see the same driver come in and he spends more time hooking up his xm than do a pre-trip. I dont think he has ever opened the hood! Last night he was handed 2 write ups for tags. No days off just warnings. A few months ago I came in on a monday night and was handed a write up for a tag that was placed on my truck on friday night. The only problem was that I was OFF that night!!

That is just to funny:biglaugh:

Pre and Post trip inspections are an important safety aspect of our jobs and like it or not we are responsible to complete them. It is amazing to see someone jump into a truck they have not inspected and hope everything is ok. I have found thing wrong with my unit that would have caused an accident had I not completed a pre-trip.

It's amazing that people take the inspections for granted. The worst is when you don't pull the same equipment daily. Some drivers just don't care. No writeup will change that. If they do not do a good post trip they are tellling the other drivers they don't care if they are held up in the morning well they wait for someone to fix the problem..

Amen. Post trip very important also,don't hold up your fellow employee the next morning by not going through the safety lane. We have a few drivers that never go through the safety lane, and I am glad I never have to use their equipment. Funny they never get written up for it either,nice being the TM's pet !!!!!

i could only say that if i knew inspections were not being done and the tm was ignoring this, report it your area safety director. this issue should not be ignored as were talking about risking peoples lives....

Why are you cry babies making an issue out of red tags, how the hell else is it going to be monitored if we are doing the pre trip. This should be done whether we own our own rig or work for a company, strictly a safety issue. Stop complaining about dumb sh*t. None of us like coming to work everyday, but most of us were not born with a silver spoon. Man up faggs!!

:Rulz:

Amen. Post trip very important also,don't hold up your fellow employee the next morning by not going through the safety lane. We have a few drivers that never go through the safety lane, and I am glad I never have to use their equipment. Funny they never get written up for it either,nice being the TM's pet !!!!!

When is the last time you saw those people with a right up I never have(:butt kiss: must swallow that is the criteria)

When is enough enough? We have to come in and try to find all the red tags.I don't have a prob with doing it.It is our job but when you have to search for them that is something diff.That is what I think.

You can look up under the left fender to see if your dipstick is tagged & their onto these drivers. You know the ones that don't touch anything during their pre-trip they just walk around and look for the tags. Unknown to him(the driver) that the dipstick without a tag has been cut down to only a yellow handle.:poster_oops:

I just herd this morning that they are doing that. Putting cut off dipstick handles on the truck. If they could only put there time to a better use.

I just don't get it! I see you guys driving fairly new equip. What's so hard about checkin the oil and maybe the rad if it's not hot, most the new ones are visual so you don't need to take off the cap.But from what I'm reading the equip must be in poor shape for them to force you to find defects (red tags)nah, that can't be the reason.Maybe if your TM or safety man would quit playing High school F**k around and FIRE some lazy I'm in a hurry driver my guess is everyone would fall in line.Bottom line is Your family and Mine travel on the same roads,trust me,I would be devastated if I took out a family due to my lazyness, just my 3 cents

I just herd this morning that they are doing that. Putting cut off dipstick handles on the truck. If they could only put there time to a better use.

They have been doing the dipstick thing here for a few weeks.We should if anything check the fluids its our job.I know I am not going to give any reason for them to give me a write up you know.Just remember we all get paid by the hr.Yes it is a pain but what you going to do I came to terms of I need to do a full pretrip every morning so what the hey.:1036316054: