Premium Membership to end soon

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

There are currently 13 Premium members on Truckingboards and I thank you for supporting the website but effective the 1st qtr of 2016 , Premium Membership will be eliminated as an option.

Too many modifications have to be done to justify keeping it.

For those of you with a still active Premium membership , I will offer you a pro rated refund on the amount of time you have left or you may donate the balance to help cover the cost of maintaining this website.

Advertising pays for this website and the advertising rarely changes, Nothing will pop up in your face and you can easily read your forums , I have always viewed my ads just as you on this site and they don't even bother me as I see them all over the internet wherever I go.

Thanks for being here and Merry Christmas also wishing you the best in 2016

~Jeff

icuicp, Woody, albag and 1 other person like this.
  2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

And the same to you, may 2016 be a prosperous year. :guiness:

albag and Jeff like this.
  3. albag

albag Pray for peace!

[​IMG]
    Merry Christmas to you Jeff. May this season bring joy to all those who are dear to you!

ESP, ABFer and Jeff like this.
  4. Mike432

Mike432 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the staff....

ABFer, albag and Jeff like this.
  5. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Jeff and family. I may be a little :distracted: by the adds but :smilies 19296::usa2:

albag likes this.
  6. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

i had been wondering why i could not find my renewal. i thought it long over due.

albag likes this.
  7. Jack Knife

Jack Knife Well-Known Member

I will donate my balance to help cover the cost

Jeff likes this.
  8. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

I don't have much balance, but you can have mine as well. But I can :36::1sm364jumpbed::hyper:

Jeff likes this.
  9. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Thanks guys but when i make the switch I will gladly refund the money left in your balance , I don't have the time I used to have to work on this site, I want it to be simple to update, Now when an update needs to be made it takes a day to fix stuff and I put it off as a result, I want to make it easy to update so we can have the latest greatest forum that keeps the site secure as possible.

As I said, I have always looked at the ads and they never bother me as long as they don't pop up in my face, I won't ever do that to anyone, nor will I hard code the site to block the content from people who block ads, with all the members here I should not have to pay to keep this site running out of pocket anymore (I did for years) . Clicking on ads you are not interested in is stealing from the advertisers and people should never do that but Truckingboards pays it's bills just by the number of times the ads are seen...

Every 19th of the month I get a bill for the server that is similar to a car payment and when ads are blocked it comes directly from my pocket and I do the same job for a living you do.

Enjoy the site, Don't block the advertising, I love you all and Wish you all the best New Year of your life

icuicp, ESP and albag like this.
  10. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

oh P.S. this site is not in finacial trouble by no means, it runs in the black every month thanks to the advertisers here and your traffic

No donations are needed at all

and I will not accept any Christmas presents valued over 200 dollars :)

icuicp, ESP and albag like this.
  11. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Too bad. ... I was going to send you a brand new bass boat for Christmas. ..lol

pro1driver and Jeff like this.
  12. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

I have a used 2015 , 53 foot prevost, four slides I am trading in for a new one. I was going to send it to Jeff and his wife and dogs could ride in style, but Oh well, Maybe Obama will want it. Sometimes you just cannot give anything away.

Jeff likes this.
  13. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

well i am cruising the boards, and the ads do not seem to be a bother. i never blocked them in the past before i became a paid member either.

as long as the site is updated and maintained on YOUR time schedule, it should be ok for us to continue on.

by the way, i am FIRST to say this about the new page.....!!!!!

14. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

I haven't updated anything yet, your Premium was 12/31/14 - 12/31/15 Happy New Year

15. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

12 are left here is the list

Mike432 will be premium until the last day of premium because he donated extra to help pay for truckingboards
    [​IMG]

16. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Don't worry about refunding anything to me, Jeff, I've always been happy to pitch in.

By the way, I DO accept gifts over $200.00, so send that bass boat and Prevost bus my way.:1036316054:
    Does anyone have a 200 acre ranch that they're trying to give away?:biglaugh:

Jeff and ESP like this.
  17. Boilerpeddle

Boilerpeddle Drawing found in trailer

I don't want a refund either. I got my money's worth. Mines almost up anyway

Jeff likes this.