Yellow | Premium Service Meeting In STL

stldude44

TB Veteran
Credits
Today is the day that the area VP and the regional VP will be in STL to talk about the upcoming PSE COO with Local 600. Details to follow.

STL is slated to be a hub in the new PSE COO, with almost 20 PSE men from about 18 terminals running into them. The PSE COO is slated to be heard at the DEC. JAC in Chicago and will begin in mid Feb. if approved.

Stldude44 have you seen this coo or is this just hear say just asking, who will be in this change beside slt, when will it be out to be seen or for the world to know lol. just want ot know

Dirty,
Nobody has seen it....they have these pre-meetings to see if there's going to be alot of resistance.....and the Company Reps. didn't really want to discuss much outside of how STL was to be affected. It will probably be on the table in 3 weeks or so. I have no idea if Birmingham will be involved.

this sounds interesting...hmmmm

stldude44 said:
STL is slated to be a hub in the new PSE COO, with almost 20 PSE men from about 18 terminals running into them. The PSE COO is slated to be heard at the DEC. JAC in Chicago and will begin in mid Feb. if approved.

i am still looking for confirmation from this but i heard they will not make stl a hub for the premium service frieght due to the fact that the drivers cannot unload or load freight they bring into the terminal.

StlDockWorker said:
i am still looking for confirmation from this but i heard they will not make stl a hub for the premium service frieght due to the fact that the drivers cannot unload or load freight they bring into the terminal.

A PS COO will allow that to happen.....the COO will and HAS stipiulated to that at other terminals....that is what a PS COO is all about.....1 driver....picking up, delivering, loading and unloading at a Hub...........KK

NMFA ARTICLE 18.
OTHER SERVICES

In the event an Employer, party to this Agreement, may require the services of employees coming under the jurisdiction of this Agreement in a manner and under conditions not provided for in this Agreement, then and in such instances the Local Union and the Employer concerned may negotiate such matters for such specific purposes, subject to the approval of the Multi-Region Change of Operations Committee.

The Parties recognize the need to attract and establish new business in the same day, next day, and second day market, and to regain business lost to non-union expedited carriers. To this end and for the purpose of competing effectively against non-union carriers that are able to utilize employees without regard to strict employee classifications, there shall be established a new position (Premium Service Employee). The “Premium Service Employee” will operate in accordance with the NMFA and its Supplemental Agreements and subject to the final approval of the Multi-Region Change of Operations Committee.

We have this as an ongoing discussion here in Indy regarding our driver working the dock in Cincinn. The way I understand it-- as long as he's working OUR PSE freight he can do it all night. He just can't work the Cincinn dock's freight.

(Which apparently the Cincinn mgrs want the PSE guys to do if there's a freight delay on PSE stuff. One of our drivers sat behind his trailer waiting for more PSE stuff to arrive and apparently the mgrs weren't very happy at all-- they told him there was plenty of other work to do on the dock. He held his ground). Somehow-- both sides survived and moved on.......for now, anyway.

hey guys
we at abf already have it
if you want the skinny on the do's and dont's check the abf threads or check some of my posts and you will get the feel of what it is all about
if you want pm me and i'll send you the language abf worked out with the ibt

doodlebug said:
Hey CORN BREAD Congrats on the grandbaby!I got the pic,She is a cutie!:17: :beerchug:

Doodle Bug....How did you get your Yellow ID Badge picture loaded on here as your avatar?...KK :hysterical:

Our BA filed a grievience on ABF in Stl for running a PSE driver from STL to Ind turn and back to Stl. That excedes the 200 mile limit a PSE driver is supposed to have oneway.

12pack said:
Our BA filed a grievience on ABF in Stl for running a PSE driver from STL to Ind turn and back to Stl. That excedes the 200 mile limit a PSE driver is supposed to have oneway.
Man, it didn't take long for ABF to do more than what they asked for, did it? These Companies never cease to amaze us.

dude that's just the beginning. Example: Dayton has a road bid for a 5 night meet and turn at Princeton, WVA with a Charlotte,NC PSE. The road driver will be hauling PS freight but recieve linehaul pay. Go figure.