Yellow | Premium Service

Happy

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just wondering how the Premium Service worked. Say for example Indy, does the premium service have certain dock doors to use? Do the Line haul drivers do any of the dock work or all of the dock work? Just wondering as there has been a few rumblings about next day at Roadway and I really have no clue how we would make it work at the service center I work at.

Preminum Service Drivers!

Here @ RFO, The preminum service drivers have specific doors. The drivers unload their freight that they brought in and reload the freight that they are taking back with them!

I thought once there was going to be a seperate Premium Service Board. There isn't one here anyway. We have two premium doors here at Indy. One runs to Coldwater, Mi-- and is serviced by the road to go up there and drop. No dock work done. The other is serviced to Cincinn, Oh and is run by a city-bid guy that works the dock. Originally, both were intended for the city (the road wanted nothing to do with working the dock) but then it was determined that a city guy would be over 60 hours turning Michigan and working besides.

Thanks Grampa, Does Yellow still allow the "seed" freight, I think it was 15 percent or something like that. Or is there sufficient new next day freight to fill the trailers?

Our "Pemium Freight" is freight that goes "thru" Cincinnati or Coldwater that's picked up here at our terminal. That freight goes on the premium service trailer. If freight comes thru our break-bulk from other terminals, even though it goes to the same place (maybe even to the same customer) it goes on the regular trailer. Heck of a system, eh????? But I guess we get the bugs out of this before we conquer other worlds...........