Central Transport | Preparing to be sold?

take in consideration that most of the equipment and facilities are leased, most of our business in not big national contract accounts, they're selling off some equipment they actually own outright and bill count is dwindling across the board. this could be a perfect storm to either close it up or fire sell just for the footprint, seeing the terminals they do own are in key areas. i think canada already has a plan and it's fully underway to deal with it. they're going to get out from under this thing in my opinion while they still can.

One night 15 years ago I went to work as usual and there was a fax ( How quaint right ?) taped up next to the time clock saying that our company had been sold. 6 months prior to the sale we started getting new tractors and trailers and even opened a couple of new terminals. Pay was upped a little bit and everybody was happy. Kinda of like the guy's at OD are for now. Well it didn't take long for Vitran to suck all of the morale / marrow out of our bones and take our new equipment to other terminals to be replaced with junk that wouldn't pass a Mexican d.o.t. inspection. I for one will not shed one tear if those Canadian "Claim Jumpers" go under but I truly hope all the employees find better jobs.

we have p&d drivers who come in an hr early and take a truck or call a l.h. driver and wait for the truck to come in, even if they're on the clock. they'll even take truck to go get a coffee or fuel it up and make a driver who's on the clock wait in line. just one of many things that drags this place down and puts us in the state we're in.[/QUOTE.

How about the 5 am start drivers who put their gear in a LH truck way early, then work the dock. They are still working the dock when you show up at your regular start time, your load is ready, yet you have to try to find a truck to use that hasn't been " reserved " by an early start driver.:stirthepot:

GEEEZZZZ you guys are always complaining about the equipment so when Vitran begins to fix the things that are broken, then it's a conspiracy theory. Vitran investing money in equipment is not a conspiracy theory it is a necessity.

GEEEZZZZ you guys are always complaining about the equipment so when Vitran begins to fix the things that are broken, then it's a conspiracy theory. Vitran investing money in equipment is not a conspiracy theory it is a necessity.

Truckdrivers are just like women, we complain about everything. LOL

vitran is not investing money in equipment,or its work force that is the reality

I may be a woman but at least I have the BALLS not to hide behind a made up name so I can complain about the company I work for. If it is so bad then PLEASE GET OUT! You guys are all so wonderful and intelligent and know so much more than the other 2 thousand of us others. PLEASE go back home and stay home and let the rest of us repair the company that was run directly into the ground. You finally have a management team who wants to build back up from the rubble that we were. I am not hiding behind a fake name pretending to be somebody I am not. I have been with this company through the last 4 presidents and am still here wanting to be a part of the success.

I am not management I live paycheck to paycheck just like the majority of the rest of us...SO KNOCK IT OFF AND PUT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON AND TRY BEING POSITIVE AND WORKING TOWARDS A GOAL..and if you cannot find anything positive about having a job in this industry then PLEASE GET OUT.. we really will not miss you.

I may be a woman but at least I have the BALLS not to hide behind a made up name so I can complain about the company I work for. If it is so bad then PLEASE GET OUT! You guys are all so wonderful and intelligent and know so much more than the other 2 thousand of us others. PLEASE go back home and stay home and let the rest of us repair the company that was run directly into the ground. You finally have a management team who wants to build back up from the rubble that we were. I am not hiding behind a fake name pretending to be somebody I am not. I have been with this company through the last 4 presidents and am still here wanting to be a part of the success.

I am not management I live paycheck to paycheck just like the majority of the rest of us...SO KNOCK IT OFF AND PUT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON AND TRY BEING POSITIVE AND WORKING TOWARDS A GOAL..and if you cannot find anything positive about having a job in this industry then PLEASE GET OUT.. we really will not miss you.
Well....if you have balls your not a woman......Most of this is just spin and is for entertainment purposes only. Don't take all this to heart. Lighten up.

Another Johnny come lately......Like so many that just make a few post and go away thinking they know everything.....Sometimes you must read between the lines to get the big picture. They come on and read a few negative post and think we hate the company. Why didn't she give her name? Is she not doing the very thing she just accused us of? All you guys know my true feelings about this company. God knows you beat me up enough over it.

Thank you for the welcome but clearly you are not Mark Kosovec ... and the only reason I commented is that a lot of Vitran employees read what you guys write. Apathy breeds Apathy so if something that one of the 7 of you guys post on here scares someone or makes them feel that their job is insecure, they carry that into the workplace and that apathy is communicated to the customer. Are you guys the root of the problem..absolutely not. Our drivers are the backbone of this company. I talk to you guys everyday and I know you all bust your ass everyday. I see what nonsense you put up with from some of these customers and the vast majority of our drivers handle every situation bad or good with professionalism

But just look at some of the improvements that have been made so far. With the real Mark K. we were still in BedRock writing on stone tablets and now we have the real tablets. WE (all of us) have such a long way to go and I can't even be sure of the outcome but I refuse to go to work miserable everyday when going to work is my choice. If you are truly in this industry then you have to have the stomach for it and not everybody does. Everybody has the right to complain but when stating facts you need to be able to back those facts up and not scare people into thinking the doors will be chained shut in the morning.

times were better with mark k. the company did'nt have these losses, everyone got raises every 6 mths and never got into enormous debt until vitran purchased us. this company should've never expanded as fast or out west, plus way too top heavy in management (still is). most of the blame goes to gaetz, especially picking this bum keylon.

sensing your dislike for kosovec,you must work in pitt corp office. mark is enjoying rides in the private plane to his bungaloo and cruising in the lamborgini diablo.

Tammy, if the real picture is as bright as you may think it is. Then why do some expert stock market people post articles online like the one shown below. This one is from Zack.com posted on their website on 9.10.13. All of us on the boards wish our new management team turns things around very quickly. I am sure we would rather keep our jobs than have to look for another. Loosing over 5 million a month is not helping anyones morale.

Vitran Corporation, Inc. (USA) (VTNC - Snapshot Report) could be a stock to avoid from a technical perspective, as the firm is seeing unfavorable trends on the moving average crossover front. Recently, the 50 Day Moving Average for VTNC broke out below the 200 Day Simple Moving Average, suggesting short-term bearishness.

This has already started to take place, as the stock has moved lower by 6.3% in the past four weeks. Plus, the company currently has a Zacks Rank #4 (Sell) meaning that now could definitely be the time to get out of this potentially in-trouble stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
SO KNOCK IT OFF AND PUT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON AND TRY BEING POSITIVE AND WORKING TOWARDS A GOAL

YES! Everybody jump in front of the train! Sacrifice yourself for Vitran you maggots! :rolleyes:

spidermanlol.gif

SO KNOCK IT OFF AND PUT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON AND TRY BEING POSITIVE AND WORKING TOWARDS A GOAL..and if you cannot find anything positive about having a job in this industry then PLEASE GET OUT.. we really will not miss you.

They make it kind of tough to get to that ole goal nowadays.