Central Transport | Preparing to be sold?

Yes there are several Tammy's but I am not in management I am not married to anybody here I am an original PJAX employee I am not from Fed Ex. I just care about my job and the company I work for.

Yes there are several Tammy's but I am not in management I am not married to anybody here I am an original PJAX employee I am not from Fed Ex. I just care about my job and the company I work for.

If you care about our company and are in a position to help change things. Please take all of the good suggestions from our posts and get to work on those tasks as soon as possible.

I have my questions not only about being sold but the SouthEast being shut down. Currently the BIG V has 1 salesperson in SC, 0 in NC, 1 in GA, 1 in AL, and 1 in MS. We have not seen any new equipment that I know of, and our drivers are leaving in groves due to lack of a raise. Something has to be done if we are going to survive. I really don't they are selling, I think they are minimizing the footprint to be more profitable.

I have my questions not only about being sold but the SouthEast being shut down. Currently the BIG V has 1 salesperson in SC, 0 in NC, 1 in GA, 1 in AL, and 1 in MS. We have not seen any new equipment that I know of, and our drivers are leaving in groves due to lack of a raise. Something has to be done if we are going to survive. I really don't they are selling, I think they are minimizing the footprint to be more profitable.

Check out this thread and notice the similarities between Mid-States Express and Vitran . . .

Mid States Express Inc.

That's the question and the reason I ask it is because of this. Here in Dallas we have a contract with a maintenance company that repairs all of our trucks. And they have two shifts that are always busy from replacing tires to A/C work to starters....Now we have one of biggest International truck dealerships in Texas on site with their mobile units addressing all the computer issues on their trucks to get them running and they are. But why now when they have never done this before? Why now are they spending so much on maintenance when we are so cash poor? You guys can't see what goes on in Texas so you can't get a feel of what's happening here, but this is strange. Very strange.
Preparing to be sold? Absolutely.......8-31-13 at 9:45 AM I posted this thread.....Most said we have nothing of any value. Most said no one would ever buy us. How this all plays out remains to be seen. As you all know I have always said don't quit a job on what may or may not happen. Wait to see how it plays out and if you find it unacceptable simply leave. Your CDL will take you where you need to go if this buy-out does not. Don't borrow trouble. Despite this man's horrible reputation you owe it to yourself to at least check it out. Most of you know the Train....You know I could retire anytime. I have worked in LTL business for 40+ years ........At least see what this man has to offer....Then make up your mind about your future here. Don't sell yourself short about a union option either. It's a whole new ballgame. Sure he could shut it down.....but make no mistake he will have a lot more to lose than you.

Last edited by a moderator:
manny has been doing the same thing for a very long time and won't change. expect the same pay, o.t. and health package that he offers to all the other trucking companies. the cities where he does'nt have a terminal already might have a bright outlook while the places where he has one already will most likely get the short end of the stick.

hey i'm a newbie to this site... what will happen now??

ever since june/july the bills have been really screwed up... i heard all of PIT billing and coding got laid off and it all went to indy, part time... no wonder... they mess so many bills up...so many stupid things, i could go on forever... pit wasnt perfect but indy has done things like put fak on hazmat bills... pit never did things like that, they had some dicipline and at least tried to correct mistakes... indy just lets anything go... wonder what the new buyer thinks about that. maybe they dont care... maybe the whole point is to have better technology and no billing dept will be needed anywhere...

and with the rumor i read about the IT boss quitting thats no good for the tablets...which were a bit crazy from the start... so between losing the more experienced billing dept and the IT guy MIA it makes me wonder what plans central has in store for technology because the bills are going to keep getting screwed up at this point... from freight desc. to class to bill to's to accessorials... that doesnt help us at all

and just looking at their coverage map... they are EVERYWHERE... so having a vitran term alongside a central term is not going to be cost effective... theres no way all the vitran terminals stay open... gotta wonder what this means for office employees and truckers alike...

but i figure they laid off an entire department as recent as this summer... based out of chris's preferred office PIT even... so that means it can happen anywhere.. don't forget about all the SW stuff too i heard they went CRAZY when told they were getting laid off... and that's a lot of people... its going to happen again... only question is when...

Preparing to be sold? Absolutely.......8-31-13 at 9:45 AM I posted this thread.....Most said we have nothing of any value. Most said no one would ever buy us. How this all plays out remains to be seen. As you all know I have always said don't quit a job on what may or may not happen. Wait to see how it plays out and if you find it unacceptable simply leave. Your CDL will take you where you need to go if this buy-out does not. Don't borrow trouble. Despite this man's horrible reputation you owe it to yourself to at least check it out. Most of you know the Train....You know I could retire anytime. I have worked in LTL business for 40+ years ........At least see what this man has to offer....Then make up your mind about your future here. Don't sell yourself short about a union option either. It's a whole new ballgame. Sure he could shut it down.....but make no mistake he will have a lot more to lose than you.

Glad to have you back, Train.