PRESIDENT Trump to make decision on DACA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Keepingon, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

President Trump will have a decision on what will be done with "Dreamers" under the DACA program on Tuesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-daca-decision-coming-today-weekend/story?id=49545914

""They shouldn't be very worried," said Trump of dreamers in an interview shortly after his inauguration in January with ABC News' David Muir. "I do have a big heart. We're going to take care of everybody."

What's your opinion? I think if we can verify that these people who were brought here as children by no choice of there own, Are working, have committed no other crimes, have not been milking the system and can speak English or are willing to learn English they should be put on a path to citizenship. But make it known any brought here illegally going forward will be deported.

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Although that is a form of amnesty, I could still go along with it. But the criminals need to be thrown out. I would also be in support of letting those that are here, stay if they have a clean record, but also cut back on the work visas and cut back on those who we allow to become citizens annually. That would seem like a fair enough negotiation, where both sides can claim victory.

Keepingon likes this.
  3. Keepingon

I also think by doing this Trump can help his party in the 2018 midterms.

Northern Flash likes this.
  4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds good, can we micro-chip them for future identification?

5. Northern Flash

I agree, but there are some other issues where "the party" needs to help themselves, or they will be losing power either way.
    McConnell and Ryan are too stupid to come in out of the rain.

Keepingon likes this.
  6. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Barry went around congress to pass a law

7. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

Tough decision between doing what is right or appeasing his rabid supporters.

Magoo likes this.
  8. Keepingon

They are reporting now, ( but it's from UN named sources ) that he is going to give them 6 months and ask Congress to propose a bill to become law by then. I'm guessing that means he will try to appease both sides? Put it in hands of Congress, they let them stay he can say Congress did it ? I think some if his supporters that wanted DACA gone had a problem with it being done by executive order.

9. AzPilot

Hope you are right, this is the story we got today.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/36282313/report-trump-decides-to-end-daca-could-cost-thousands-of-jobs

10. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

On that point, I concur!

11. Northern Flash

Having people in our country that are not citizens is not doing "what's right", it's called law breaking, and it needs to end. As long as they kick out the criminals in that group, along with slowing the visas, and cut back on the annual citizenships granted, I'd be willing to agree to letting them stay if they have a clean record. We can not just give blanket amnesty to people who violated the law. That's rewarding bad behavior.
    And don't tell me that these people were kids at the time, I don't care, they are still here illegally and they can blame their parents for bringing them here illegally.

12. AzPilot

Number one requirement to be a true conservative................lack of empathy.

Magoo likes this.
  13. Bubba74

Number one requirement of a liberal.............................. lack of brains

Barry the "great Constitutional scholar" did this knowing full well he did not have the power to do this

now someone is trying to actually make it legal by forcing congress to actually make a law not an executive fiat to deal with the problem
    If people want to be pissed, be pissed at Barry
    he is the one that brought us to this point

14. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

We can't bail the world out, we have laws and should abide by them. If anyone should get blamed it's the parents who did what they did to start with.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  15. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

2013 The Senate came up with a bill but the house let it die
    so Obama did something.
    Do you think this time Congress will act?

16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Obama acted beyond his authority. The only reason Trump is taking action is that the case was supposed to be filed in court tomorrow. The court would have ended DACA almost immediately. It's Unconstitutional.

Congress should do nothing. Laws are already on the books. Enforce the laws.

17. Bubba74

the president does not make law which in this case Barry did, so DACA is illegal
    the senates plan did not pass, just because you don't get your way does not mean you can completely circumvent the process which Barry did
    Barry lied to these people, he is the villain here

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

We are talking about laws. Justice is SUPPOSED to be Blind, and leave Empathy out of it.

19. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Dimms lose election after election,and still think they should run everything.

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

In 2017, the House came up with a bill to repeal Ocare. The Senate let it die. So, by your reasoning, Trump should end Ocare by Exec Order? You'd support him doing that, correct?