President Trumps strikes deal with Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Keepingon, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...rt-for-harvey-aid-and-debt-limit-boost-242376

"During a meeting with congressional leaders at the White House, Trump surprised his GOP colleagues when he granted Democrats' request that Republicans pass a Hurricane Harvey relief package with a three-month debt increase. Top White House officials and GOP leaders had spent the past few days urging Republicans to raise the debt ceiling through the 2018 midterm election."

Despite objections from GOP leaders and his Secretary Treasurer President Trump made a deal with Schumer and Pelosi agreeing to a 3 month debt ceiling increase to get Harvey relief Bill.

Is the President sending GOP leaders like McCain a message that if they are going to vote against his agenda he will go to Democrats to get some of what he wants?

Northern Flash and falconfan like this.
  2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Could be, see, Trump is not a traditional Republican and he had good ties with the Dems for a long time. Since the Republicans want to corner him and deny him any progress they have left him with only one option if he wants to get anything done. So now...if Schumer and Pelosi are in agreement with this deal how will the antifa be able to complain about it?

falconfan likes this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons." - Winston Churchill

this is horrible
    (see something a Dem would never do to Barry)
    Trump made a deal, got nothing for it
    now these lefties get to spend more
    What was Chuckie and Nancy going to do, hold up funding for hurricane relief, doubtful Trump just gave up leverage

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  4. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Not fair, he's not playing by "swamp" rules.

5. Bubba74

but he is playing by swamp rules
    the swamp wants to spend more money
    the swamp doesn't want a shut down
    Swamp 2 American people 0

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  6. Driver71

Driver71 AKA:DBLCLUTCH

Lord help us!

jimmy g likes this.
  7. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

No it means he's smart enough to listen to his peeps about getting funding to the emergency areas and not getting bogged down in government stoppage. Avoiding another crisis would be the prudent thing to do.

albag likes this.
  8. Bubba74

Do you really the Dems would have withheld funding if they did not get a debt ceiling increase
    That would have played well

jimmy g likes this.
  9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Schumer is playing Trump like a fiddle this week. The Prez surrendered on his campaign promises, and many followers will say whatever it takes to follow him.

Where is the guy who was tough on Korea? Instead, I'm guessing ivanka is running the budget. No wall, let congress start to approve Amnesty, raise the Debt, sneak in paid maternity leave. This is a complete surrender to the Dems....

Northern Flash and Bubba74 like this.
  10. Keepingon

YOUR DEFENDING SOMETHING TRUMP DID !!?? Now I know we are screwed. :17142:

11. Bubba74

At times like this we could sure use that $150,000,000,000 that Barry gave to Iran

12. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully just a temporary cleaning of the table,to move on to other pressing issues..Tax reform.

ABFer likes this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I see that, and hope you are right. The good news is that spending has actually gone down since Jan 20th. I don't like that he's entertaining Ivanka's new entitlement, or that there is no bordercontrol spending in the coming agreement....

What I cannot stand is that McConnell and the Repubs surrendered to the Dem Talking Points of 'we must raise the limit or default.'

We can't and won't default- it's impossible, long as tax dollars are coming in. The 14th amendment places debt payment first in line of all federal spending. Ahead of entitlements, military, and discrecinary. If only one dollar comes to government, it goes only to debt payment, per law, and the Constitution. Even when government is shut down, people still pay payroll taxes, quarterly taxes, etc. There is 2 trillion a year coming in, whether gov is open or closed. There's no way we would default. Stop the Dem Talking Points to scare voters into believing that we would....

Northern Flash, Bubba74 and falconfan like this.
  14. Keepingon

Republicans wanted a longer raise on the debt ceiling, if your the party of less spending and lowering the debt why would you want a longer raise? If your the president that ran on getting the National debt lowered, less spending and draining the swamp I guess the shorter debt ceiling argument makes sense if you don't agree with raising it to begin with and your in a position where you have to the shorter the better.

15. Keepingon

I think this had a lot to do with the games the Republicans were playing with the President. After 8 years of saying they wanted to repeal Obama care they get a president that will sign it and have enough votes in their party to do it, And decided they were going to screw the President on it and have McCain cast the final NO vote was clearly done to slap the President in his face.

I guess President Trump is the type that slaps back.

16. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Chuckie and Nanci will gloat about how they've "worked with Trump", but the anarchist arm of the Democrat party will still have the golden opportunity to bash Trump and cause their normal anarchy.
    The Dems come out smelling like a rose over this deal, it's a win/win.......for them.

17. Northern Flash

Trump just sold his soul to the devil. YUUUUUUGE mistake. He's a fool. I'm still holding out hope that he has something up his sleeve, but it looks like he's caved. I'm grossly disappointed in him.......again.
    He entered the snake pit.......he's sure to get bit by his new "friends".

18. Northern Flash

Letting the Govt. shut down, and/or getting the extra money from our donations that we give to countries that hate our guts would have been the prudent thing to do.

19. Northern Flash

No chance. Our New York Democrat just sold out his base. The Conservatives carried Trump across the finish line, now he just stuck a knife in our backs. His cuts will never be equal to, or greater than his spending, that's becoming quite obvious.

CCXdriver likes this.
  20. Northern Flash

Oh look...........I've found a picture of Trump and the establishment's testicles. I think the two on the very top belong to The Donald.

[​IMG]