President Trumps strikes deal with Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Keepingon, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Yep. That right there confirms that this was one big effin mistake by Trump.

Keepingon and jimmy g like this.
  2. Northern Flash

The cowards in the Republican party wanted the debt limit to expire AFTER the midterms in 2018, that way they wouldn't have to be exposed to another vote to raise the debt ceiling just before their elections.

If I were Trump, I would have gone with a weekly or monthly vote on the debt ceiling, and make these Washington pukes expose themselves more often, until it finally pisses off the American people.

3. Northern Flash

Since Trump has always been one step ahead of the rest of them, I do wonder if his plan is to send a message to the never Trumpers and establishment that hasn't had his back thus far.
    Letting them know that he has other options........and that message is, that if you pukes won't support my agenda, I'll go around you and go in the other direction.
    Two can play their game.
    :idunno:

4. Northern Flash

Washington's newest BFFs.
    :9529:

[​IMG]

Trump must be feeling desperate for friends. His own party has stabbed him in the back all year, so I guess that he's either thrown in the towel on them supporting his agenda, or he's sly like a fox.
    We shall see.

Magoo likes this.
  5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Exactly opposite. Longer meant no fights for additional spending. Now Dems will ask for the moon in 3 months, get rejected at Christmas time, and run ads all next year that Repubs are grinches.

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

HE'S a Dem at heart. Always has been, it's no secret. Long as he gets to spend spend spend, win win win, I doubt he cares.

icuicp likes this.
  7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Another bad part of the deal. Normally, it's extended only by a certain number. This time, like once during the Obama Admin, it's completely uncapped. No cap, no controls. He can spend all he wants within that 3 month period. It's Irresponsible to the nation.

8. Northern Flash

The more that I see from Trump and the Republicans, the more I see them all getting bounced in the midterms. (And Trump bounced in 2020.)
    When the only things that get done are bad things, that tells me that I'll be wasting my vote on a different party that doesn't represent my values in the near future. The final two years will be completely worthless for Trump if they lose the Senate in 2018, and only 99% worthless if the GOP retains the Senate in 2018.
    Either way, it's a lose/lose for America from what I see.

9. albag

albag Pray for peace!

Hmmm.........:duh::popcorn:

Magoo likes this.
  10. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Are you ready to peach!

11. Magoo

What I'm told and otherwise I have no way of knowing because i'm not that into it.
    Raising the limit is done to pay for whats already been spent.this past year. Not what goes on this coming year.
    So you really need to pay for whats been spent other wise Trump would be hounded with phone calls from bill collectors

12. Magoo

He refers to them as Chuck & Nancy did you hear that
    First name basis

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

That's debt. 14th Amendment says that must be paid. We have over $2 trillion trickling in thru payroll taxes and quarterly taxes, a weeks worth at a time. We could easily pay the debt service, which is paid first, and not raise the limit. We'd have to cut our paying something, a program, like a family would have to when their credit is maxed. When a family us maxed, cut out cable, quit going out, sell the extra car. Same with government living too large...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.
  14. Magoo

Or raise tax's

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He funded Schmukie for yesrs.

16. Magoo

Trump put his eggs in the end Obamacare basket with Republicans in congress and they couldn't deliver.
    Just looking at the cluster they have coming up he was wise to go around them.

17. Magoo

Trump speaking about the decision said it made sense and a good deal and Pence was at his side bobbing his head

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

15 years ago, in Congress, Pence was a conservative. Then, as Governor he was a moderate, giving in to the bully gay lobby. As VP, he's simply a puppet, waiting his turn to be Prez.

Northern Flash likes this.
  19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

How can a family raise taxes? It's been proven: want less of something, raise taxes. Want more of something, lower taxes.

Raise taxes, and get less revenue to the Treasury. Want more money, lower taxes, and people invest, hire, and spend- bringing in more revenue. Works every time it's tried.

In my post, I was referring to shutting down government (my personal best choice). There's still tax money coming in to pay the debt.

20. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

"The person with the best job in the country is the vice president. All he has to do is get up in the morning and ask 'How is the president?' Will Rogers