Preston Reunion Breakfast

Animo916

TB Veteran
Credits
On Friday, April 6th...(Good Friday), the Preston People from 121 (Brooklyn), will be holding a reunion breakfast. If you or anyone you know used to work at Preston's brooklyn terminal, please feel free to join us.

It will be held at The Dakota in Staten Island, located at Forrest and Richmond Avenues. The coffee starts pouring around 9am.

wow after almost 8 years you guys still keep in contact with each other? thats pretty good,my dad and a few other family members worked out of chicago on 47th st. and i don't think they talk to anybody since the closure. i guess everybody just went there own way.

I worked at Smiths Transfer, which closed in 1988. We have a reunion twice a year. Tomorrow April 3 we will get together for breakfast,usually get about 15 guys. Not bad after all the years.

wow after almost 8 years you guys still keep in contact with each other? thats pretty good,my dad and a few other family members worked out of chicago on 47th st. and i don't think they talk to anybody since the closure. i guess everybody just went there own way.

Most of us keep in touch since the closure because many of us are still working. In NY City, all the terminals are within 1 mile of each other. Union and non union alike. Although we may be scattered like the lost tribes of Israel, we still cross paths many times. Today we had about 30 guys show up for breakfast. There were about a dozen others contacted that couldn't make it for one reason or another. Because of today, we are considering adding a second breakfast to the calander each year.

good for you guys!!! it still rubs me the wrongway that the closure took place. my plan was to work at preston when i turned 18but that was the same year that they closed. oh well fed ex freight does the job also.

Is this it?

good for you guys!!! it still rubs me the wrongway that the closure took place. my plan was to work at preston when i turned 18but that was the same year that they closed. oh well fed ex freight does the job also.
Was this the site some Preston brothers were looking for?:1036316054:

On Friday, April 6th...(Good Friday), the Preston People from 121 (Brooklyn), will be holding a reunion breakfast. If you or anyone you know used to work at Preston's brooklyn terminal, please feel free to join us.

It will be held at The Dakota in Staten Island, located at Forrest and Richmond Avenues. The coffee starts pouring around 9am.
Hope you people had a great day,(GOD BLESS YOU ALL) XGR240.