Yellow | Pride goes before destruction...

Occam's Razor

TB Lurker
Credits
It's amazing to me how many closet-Businessmen we work with! All these freight workers running around their terminals and union halls spouting off their opinions as though they had a clue as to what really goes on in the inner circles of YRC or the IBT. If I had a dollar for every time I heard some moron say, "Shut this place down!" recently, I would be on my way to an early retirement!

What a bunch of fools...

Acting as though this country still operates in a long lost era where unions dominated the workforce and were respected for the hardworking class of people that they were! Open your eyes and look around you; the dedicated, hardworking breed that formed the ironclad unions of the past are few and far between...replaced by a dominant group of lazy people holding on to what ever excuse they can to do the absolute minimum that they can in an 8 hour shift acting as though this company is riding on their back!!! Please...it's ridiculous an exhausting listening to it day in and day out.

YRC is in it's final death throws and all but a very select few can lay their heads down at night confident that they weren't a part of the problem! We all have blood on our hands...from the executives who lost sight of the most basic rules of ethical business practices to the laborer who stroked the clock for that extra hour on the customers dime!

This MOU Extension may have saved the company or it may have simply offered a stay of execution but regardless, we as Teamsters have expedited the inevitable with our misguided prideful ranting that this company somehow owes us something that even the best managed, non-union LTL carriers couldn't afford to offer their employees, who work twice as hard as we do for less pay/benefits/security-make no mistake about that!

We now live and work in a society that is swiftly leaning towards a strong anti-union sentiment and rather than prove them wrong by leading the industry and proving our worth, we **** and moan about everything and congregate at our local union halls and puff our chests over a twelve pack about how bad we are! Well, now we get to find out how bad we really are...a bunch of 40 something's scrambling for a job that 20 something's will do more productively for less. That's provided that you can land the job in the first place because all of our applications and resumes will share a big Scarlett T for ex-teamster on it which will pretty much red flag any human resources department at any company worth having!

We are the last giant from a dying breed so crack your beers boys and get ready to spew the stories about the good ole days because we have drove the final nail into the proverbial coffin! And as for all those evil executives that we sure did show...I'm sure that they will be crying all the way to the banks with their severance packages as we our filling out our unemployment paperwork for scraps that will barely cover the basics!

But hey Hardcore Teamsters...you won! Congratulations and good luck!

Analysts weigh in on YRC?s situation - Kansas City Business Journal