Estes | Pro and Cons

i think jimbob is right, you don't like the way estes is run leave. but i also don't think the right way for estes west to solve the problem is to try and vote the BIG U in, your only asking for more trouble. they won't get my vote.

hiyas. i am sure that what i am about to say will **** off 55% of evreyone but ya know... the truth hurts:

when estes bought GI, they NEVER should have made it estes west. also estes should have let the MORONS in Cali. vote to go union and done exactly what Con-Way would have done :D

there are pros and cons to everything. estes buying GI:
pros:
dont have to worry about going bankrupt and being up for sale for years and being bought buy 3 differnt companys. BETTER pay, last time i checked EVERYONE at estes west got a pay raise. better equipment, no more Macks for me :D and if you still drive 1 i am sorry. better vacation pay, yes the time it takes to get vacation sucks but the pay is better. company senoirity, which means i could have went ANYWHERE in the U.S.A and when a new run opened up i could have used my seniority in the company to bid. Not ever having to give up my run, EVER, unless it was cancelled. also never being bumped off my run for a night because a more senior driver didnt run that night. there are a bunch more but the most important 1 i think is this. haveing an open door policy to someone that can change things and KNOWS what it is like to DRIVE line haul, Drive P&D, and Work the dock and every job in between Estes has that GI DOESNT.

cons:
vacation time 1 week after a year 2 after like 5 years 3 after i thinks its like 9 and 4 after 18 years, yea it sucks but they pay 1200 a week verses the 40 hours that GI did that = 800 a week at GI. well there has to be more but i am drawinga blank other than this 1.
HAVING to listen to all the dumb stupid people in Cali that whine and cry and threatin things and get what they want, i stress what THEY want, NOT what is best for the company, nor what i want.

summary:
THIS AINT GI IT IS ESTES!! DEAL WITH IT OR LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you buy a car from someone do you expect that person to tell you how to drive it??? if you buy a house are you gunna let the guy you bought it from tell you how to live in it and where to put the furiture??? if you buy a company are you gunna let the previous owners tell you how to run it? you shouldnt!!!!!! cuse the way i see it GI was bought BECAUSE its policys and the way they ran there company was NOT the way to make money in this world. therefore GI was going TITS UP and Estes being a major stock holder was TIRED of LOSING money on this dead horse a bought the company to run it like it should be, HOWEVER there are to many dumb people in the OLD gi that dont want to look to the future JUST the past. well guess what the future is here GET ON BOARD OR GET RAN OVER!!!!
bye for now

Another example of the real worlds favorite beverage. Can you say estes kool aid boys and girls?

First of all, I didn't say I didn't like Estes. And just out of curiosity, are you exspecting us to believe you are a driver? You sound like you just might be management from ohh let's take a guess....... Seattle !