Yellow | Problem at 525.

mysticobra

Over Here Now.
Credits
I go in every day seeing or hearing of dumb stuff that's been done. Now you would think it would slow or stop at some point. But I am amazed at least once a week on some of the things that are done to us or around us at the workplace. But this past Monday took the cake.
First prize.
This is one of three things that happened this week.
But I will just mention the one.
It's the most important.
First off. I am dock only. I don't drive. Haven't for years. Did at one time. Lost my cdl because of medical. So. I cannot leave the building.
Anyway.
Back to Monday.
We have mercury lighting on the dock.
They decide to finally clean the lights and replace the bulbs with led lighting.
Well. They sure look bright during the day.
But as soon as the sun sets. We lose 2/3 rd's of the lighting we had. We thought the old ones were bad. Boy. Was I wrong.
All I can say is it's very dim. 4 days of this and no fix. One guy left the second night and got a letter for it. I took the day off because of it. Today that is.
It's dangerous. Unsafe and irresponsible of management not to have an immediate fix on this. You cannot even read the paperwork or labels unless you are by a floodlight that illuminate the trailers.
Now everyone there knows this. Top to bottom.
Whether someone did anything about it today. I don't know.
But the saftey man was in on a conference call with the TM and the lighting company and the lighting company they contracted said it would be two weeks to start putting in ballasts and new led bulbs that are supposedly 3 times brighter.
This is totally unacceptable. And I am a reasonable person.
It's flat out dangerous and unacceptable to me that management has no respect for the safety for us that work the dock.
This is something I think all need to know.
I would post a pic but it's impossible to show in a picture. You just have to be there.
And someone here may have been there in the past 4 days and can chime in and confirm what I am trying to explain.
Thank you for your attention on this matter.
M.

I go in every day seeing or hearing of dumb stuff that's been done. Now you would think it would slow or stop at some point. But I am amazed at least once a week on some of the things that are done to us or around us at the workplace. But this past Monday took the cake.
First prize.
It's the most important.
First off. I am dock only. I don't drive. Haven't for years. Did at one time. Lost my cdl because of medical. So. I cannot leave the building.
Anyway.
Back to Monday.
They decide to finally clean the lights and replace the bulbs with led lighting.
But as soon as the sun sets. We lose 2/3 rd's of the lighting we had. We thought the old ones were bad. Boy. Was I wrong.
All I can say is it's very dim. 4 days of this and no fix. One guy left the second night and got a letter for it. I took the day off because of it. Today that is.
It's dangerous. Unsafe and irresponsible of management not to have an immediate fix on this. You cannot even read the paperwork or labels unless you are by a floodlight that illuminate the trailers.
But the saftey man was in on a conference call with the TM and the lighting company and the lighting company they contracted said it would be two weeks to start putting in ballasts and new led bulbs that are supposedly 3 times brighter.
It's flat out dangerous and unacceptable to me that management has no respect for the safety for us that work the dock.
I would post a pic but it's impossible to show in a picture. You just have to be there.
And someone here may have been there in the past 4 days and can chime in and confirm what I am trying to explain.
M.

Problem solved...

theshorelinemarket_2436_1323847567

Years ago was working on the CF dock the power went out I quickly thought, oh good break time. Those guys never said a word, fork lift lights went on and no one complained.

Years ago was working on the CF dock the power went out I quickly thought, oh good break time. Those guys never said a word, fork lift lights went on and no one complained.

That's back when men were men. Today we're all "victims".

Some may think this is a non issue. But it really comes down to the saftey of people. The men that work the dock. Who have families and kids and bills to pay. Us.
We all just let things go sometimes. I do it myself.
This is something that is serious and totally irresponsible and dangerous for management not to have an immediate fix and have us work on what all I can call is a dim work area.
If someone was to be injured they would be responsible for it. No doubt.
But personally I don't want anyone hurt and I do not want to be involved in injuring or being injured and losing income because of the negligence of management.
This action is just a in your face wait for a fix so what moment by our leaders. They wouldn't work in their office with a nightlight. And that's a perfect example of what it's like.
Period.

First prize.
It's the most important.
Anyway.
Back to Monday.
M.
I've been to 525 lots of times mostly at night.The old lighting seemed to be sufficient.It was bright at night.I don't know why they decided to change out.Guess they have money to spend to spruce things up

Gosh. This terminal just seems to be a never ending cesspool of unsolved problems ..
Well the company likes 525 because it's a good way to take pressure off of 511 which is about 26miles away all in the metro plex.plus the company can divert freight there when the natives act up at 511.

I hear it cost them over 7 grand to make it dimmer.
Yes. The old lights were much better albeit still not too bright.
I believe their intentions were good. But the outcome was not. And the fix should have been done immediately. Not make us work in the dark.
Not complaining just explaining.

Yes. We do divert. Well we are forced to divert. I don't do it intentionally. They do.

One of the reasons for 525's (AKA Fort Worth) problems is Your P.O.S. stewardship Both of them seem to represent the Company instead of the workers how elected them. BB promised and lied to the men of 525 to clean up past wrongs. But he to fell victim to the same actions that fort worth is known for . Stewardship that only acts for their own self interest. If you feel as though your work environment is unsafe slow things down to compensate for the lack of light. All Dock employees need to work together to make sure everyone is safe . Otherwise some one will get hurt and end up costing themselves and the company a massive amount of cash, But the only way the company seems to start paying any attention is when some one gets hurt. By then it is to late the damage is done and many times it is irreversible.

O. I have slowed to what the lift idles. I refuse to go any faster. The only way I use the gas pedal I only hit yhe gas when I go in or out of a trailer!

Stop all the whining:crybaby:, just do the best you can do and adapt to the changes.
Look a the positive side of all the things :poke:
I rather work with not lights in the dock than a cold dock in the teens, or scorching humid hot dock, or worse, no work at all.
:usa: