Yellow | Problem at 525.

Stop all the whining:crybaby:, just do the best you can do and adapt to the changes.
Look a the positive side of all the things :poke:
I rather work with not lights in the dock than a cold dock in the teens, or scorching humid hot dock, or worse, no work at all.
:usa:
Wow.
Ok.
How about working on a freezing dock with the situation?
That will come with their interest in fixing the situation.
Been in the 90's and humid already.
So. We have experienced that side.
Not whining dude. Just putting it out there.
Somebody seriously gets hurt and it's the cause.
That's permanent. No one wants that.

Employees unionize because they are dissatisfied with something related to their job or work environment.”

This is what I got when I Googled “Why Unionize”.

Belittling someone for complaining about their working conditions strikes me as very anti-union thing to do.
That's why we can do what we do when they do what they do. With no retaliation or worry. We can do what's right. Now if you don't have what we have they could give you a miners hat and say tough ::shit::.... do it or go home.
Here. Management gets what we want to give them. Not what they want. That's a union. And that the way it be! :17142:

I'm not going to get too hard on them about the bad lighting choices.We all make mistakes.This mistake can be changed.the best of plans made by man sometimes aren't the best in the end.
That's why we can do what we do when they do what they do. With no retaliation or worry. We can do what's right. Now if you don't have what we have they could give you a miners hat and say tough :::shit:::.... do it or go home.
Here. Management gets what we want to give them. Not what they want. That's a union. And that the way it be! :17142:
Yes.if the dock is unsafe in any way we have a say.Pardon the rhyme.Grievances need to fly

Back in the day, "when men were men", the B.A. would have came out to the barn and pulled everyone off the dock until it was deemed safe. I saw that happen a few times myself. Now the stooges in their red vests don't have the gonads to stand up to the company!
:poke:

Yes FM, I remember those days when BA's would do stuff like that and we all thought how cool that was. But let me ask you a question, where are all those jobs today?

By the way, the part of mysticobra's original post that I found interesting was this line - "But the saftey man was in on a conference call with the TM and the lighting company and the lighting company they contracted said it would be two weeks to start putting in ballasts and new led bulbs that are supposedly 3 times brighter." So it appears that the situation is being corrected isn't it? Nothing like making a mountain out of a molehill wouldn't you say?

:hide::hide::hide:
Yes FM, I remember those days when BA's would do stuff like that and we all thought how cool that was. But let me ask you a question, where are all those jobs today?

By the way, the part of mysticobra's original post that I found interesting was this line - "But the saftey man was in on a conference call with the TM and the lighting company and the lighting company they contracted said it would be two weeks to start putting in ballasts and new led bulbs that are supposedly 3 times brighter." So it appears that the situation is being corrected isn't it? Nothing like making a mountain out of a molehill wouldn't you say?

Trip.
I didn't work Friday. But last week was a full week of dim lighting.
Two more weeks is unacceptable.
If you saw it or were here you would agree I am certain.
Men should not be driving eight thousand pound machines around a dim dock let alone handling freight. That's ten plus forklifts driving around.
Yes they say they are working on it. But I don't believe anything they say.
Do you?
It will not be a molehill if someone gets hurt.

Trip.
Men should not be driving eight thousand pound machines around a dim dock let alone handling freight. That's ten plus forklifts driving around.
Do you?
mysticobra, just out of curiosity, did you read post # 7 ??

Last edited:
Trip.
Do you?

MC, I obviously don't work at your location so I'll have to take your word on the conditions. If as you said earlier the electrical contractor is working on fixing the lighting and it will take a couple of weeks to get it done then make the best of the situation and have everyone use extra caution till it's resolved. What else can you do? When I go to a dark terminal on a weekend and I have to string my set in the dark I use my flashlight and I'm extra cautious doing what I have to do. If they refused to fix the lighting then you have a legitimate complaint IMHO, but if it's just a short delay don't you think you should just deal with it temporarily?

MC, I obviously don't work at your location so I'll have to take your word on the conditions. If as you said earlier the electrical contractor is working on fixing the lighting and it will take a couple of weeks to get it done then make the best of the situation and have everyone use extra caution till it's resolved. What else can you do? When I go to a dark terminal on a weekend and I have to string my set in the dark I use my flashlight and I'm extra cautious doing what I have to do. If they refused to fix the lighting then you have a legitimate complaint IMHO, but if it's just a short delay don't you think you should just deal with it temporarily?
It'll take em... they say.... Two weeks before they could even get started. We have 45 lights. Took em two days just to do the bulb change. No ballasts were changed. Just bulbs. And they said they don't have the old bulbs to put back in in the meantime.
Yes. Take my word. Please. Everyone that goes out there remarks how dim it is.
Explaining now. Not complaining.
Yes. Read post seven. Thank you.
O. On top of this the saftey guy. I was told. Was out Friday from KC. TM said he would have them fixed today. Didn't happen.

Ask the company to go down to Lowes or any hardware store & buy the dual lights on a 5 foot stand & some extension cords. Pretty cheap temporary fix until the promised lighting contractor shows up 2 week or 2 years from now. Or failing that, visit ‘your local Teamsters Union Hall (run by the red vest stooges) & pull the main breaker to the building & any other breaker you can rip from the panel. In the box of candles you are leaving @ the front desk, leave a note explaining the candles should last till the contractors show up @ your barn. I know this will never work. But if some of the rank & file did mark off & went to their union hall & disrupted their work place, maybe, just maybe you might get your gonad lacking BA to actually earn his pay. But until the rank & file come TOGETHER & DO SOMETHING, the time I spent to responding to these posts & your crying about it has as much value or influence as tits on a boar hog. I forgot. About 6 years ago we had a road driver file a formal whistle blower complaint against ABF for poor lighting in the yard. After the OSHA inspection ABF had 120 days to become compliant. 3 months & 15 grand later they did. But until someone actually found their gonads & used them everybody had to work in the same unsafe workplace. Best of luck to the dock men. Hopefully some of the rank & file know how to (in a quiet way) put pressure on management to expedite this issue. von

Last edited:
Ok. Whatever Von.
We are doing what we can.
I'm done with it so someone can delete the thread.
Sorry it upsets you or anyone else.

I don't know if someone is exaggerating the severity of the dim lights.had a friend of mine go there to 525 tonight he said it was a Lil dim near the stairs to the dispatch office.I don't know about the lighting during the day.

I don't know if someone is exaggerating the severity of the dim lights.had a friend of mine go there to 525 tonight he said it was a Lil dim near the stairs to the dispatch office.I don't know about the lighting during the day.
By the sounds of things, it must be dark in that part of Texas, 24 hours a day this time of year....