Problem with website? Post it in this thread.

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

2. Thom-8-Toes

Thom-8-Toes Active Member

3. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

I wouldn't go that far but you are welcome friend

4. RenoRoadDriver

RenoRoadDriver Reno Mini Hub

Hey Jeff, thought I would give you a heads up, when I click on the UPS Freight forum, it keeps redirecting me back to the main page. This problem just started today and it has never happened before. Not sure what's going on.

5. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

It's not happening here......

6. RenoRoadDriver

RenoRoadDriver Reno Mini Hub

Well I just tried it again and the problem is still there on Firefox, my regular browser...But when I went on Google Chrome, the problem doesn't happen, so I guess the issue is with my computer.

Even id it is, it's still Jeff's fault.

7. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Yep, that's the problem

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Question, if I report a post or two for whatever reasons. If the Mods feel the reports hold no merritt to moderate, which is fine, shouldn't the Mods at least return a PM to me to say they looked at the reported post and decided to do nothing?

9. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Iffy situation Stoney... My mods are unpaid volunteers here and basically they can work when they want or not work when they want... Every mod sees every post reported .. Union Mods handle Union problems, Non unions handle others... I and Smoke moderate both sides because we don't lean either way. I feel about 90% politically as you do Stoney but that does not mean I can moderate that way... Moderators job is to put personal feelings aside and moderate whatb is RIGHT and not what he feels....

I can't force unpaid people to give explanations , I am not their boss in no way shape or form

Be cool, relax and have fun, your opinion is welcome here as much as anyone and we want you here... It's only a forum friend... relax

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Look, I know the Mods have a difficult job at times. But when I report a post, I just want a simply reply, especially if the Mod looked at my report, and decided to do nothing.

I don't expect nor want Mods moderating according to personal feelings. And I don't expect nor want mods that may share my opinions to moderate in my favor.

And I'm not trying to toot my own horn, buy I feel as a long term member, and a fairy regular contributor to this site, I do expect a certain amount respect from the Mods, not leanacy, just respect. And returning a simple PM isn't too much ask for.

I'm not going to keep harping on this. But I I feel I was wronged the other night. Not because nothing was done about the posts I reported, but because I felt I was ignored, and only when I said something wrong, did a moderator decide to speak up against me. If I have had some sort of reply to begin with, I probably wouldn't have pushed that line myself. Was I wrong in my reaction? Yes, but it could have been prevented.

Jeff, you don't need to reply, I just want to put my side of what happen out there.

11. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

My mods have their own personality, When I put them in charge of that forum they basically run it the way they want to within our guidelines, I rarely interfere.. If my Mod gives a man a short vacation they are saying to a man that they want them here but the conduct they are exhibiting will not be tolerated here and instead of banning a good member, we want to let that member know that everywhere in the world there are boundaries, when we cross them we have consequences.. Serve your time, learn from it, move on.... I said earlier, it's just a forum...

12. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

I hope this is looked at more as a suggestion to better the site than a rebuke. The Buthering of ones Screen name as a method of disrispect always seems to end up in the same toilet. See it often enough that I don't expect it to stop, even when I asked respectfully in my case, sure would be nice if it could be controled under attack the post, not the poster rule. Just my thoughts and now I'll put my Big Boy Pants on. :biggrin:

13. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

14. 1tt1

1tt1 Active Member

Extremely slow load times...on my iPad 4g and home iMac...

15. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

There are no server load issues or anything else that could be causing this on my end 1tt1. Don't know what to tell you on this one.

16. mud

mud Wonderin'

My iMac/ Firefox/ TruckingBoards is loading just fine. Seems like when a site is loading slow, if I right click where it shows the name of the site in the upper far left corner and then click Reload Tab, it seems to speed things up.

17. CenturyClass

CenturyClass Lead-side Recruit

How do we get rid of all the ads? paid subscription

18. R-14Driver

R-14Driver Well-Known Member

19. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

How do I find a blow up doll that doesn't squeal ?

20. Muler

Muler Banned

Just look for one with the union label! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!