Holland | Profit sharing check this year ??

short answer is no. too much money pi$$ed away on hiring, electronic gadgets etc. YRCW made it clear we were not going to reach the required operating ratio to receive a bonus, on paper at least as the real numbers will never be known.

short answer is no. too much money pi$$ed away on hiring, electronic gadgets etc. YRCW made it clear we were not going to reach the required operating ratio to receive a bonus, on paper at least as the real numbers will never be known.
That's what's really behind all this hiring, **** it away, why give it to employees who made all the sacrifices and continue to do so,why would we want to have morale go up,typical management way of thinking, they are assholes,

So what's anybody's guess on this ?? yes or no on any profit sharing check ??
Just my observation here, but with what I have seen with Holland having more,newer equipment, and a better handheld computer technology, my thinking is since the regionals got a check last year, YRC may get one for this year? Computer upgrades,and equipment are things both companies need to improve on, but are not cheap expenditures. At least at yrc for example, I can see how just the outbound operations are so primitive when most of the scanners on the forklifts do not work. Pulling skel bills one at a time to match up the freight, checking weights,( onlifts that the scale works), hand writing info on stack manifest, hoping someone keeps track of the weight to prevent overloading the trailer, are all things that take a lot of Manuel labor time where the proper technology will do all that for you. Along with it reducing bills per hour, adding to getting trailer loaded for road driver cut time and everything else associated with this part of operations. It also will add to our not making service on freight because of all these delays. This a part of the reason the competition eats us up on service,because their dock operations are far ahead of us. Sorry for the long rant. OK, even though it is xmas, go ahead and take your shots at me.

Just my observation here, but with what I have seen with Holland having more,newer equipment, and a better handheld computer technology, my thinking is since the regionals got a check last year, YRC may get one for this year? Computer upgrades,and equipment are things both companies need to improve on, but are not cheap expenditures. At least at yrc for example, I can see how just the outbound operations are so primitive when most of the scanners on the forklifts do not work. Pulling skel bills one at a time to match up the freight, checking weights,( onlifts that the scale works), hand writing info on stack manifest, hoping someone keeps track of the weight to prevent overloading the trailer, are all things that take a lot of Manuel labor time where the proper technology will do all that for you. Along with it reducing bills per hour, adding to getting trailer loaded for road driver cut time and everything else associated with this part of operations. It also will add to our not making service on freight because of all these delays. This a part of the reason the competition eats us up on service,because their dock operations are far ahead of us. Sorry for the long rant. OK, even though it is xmas, go ahead and take your shots at me.

Lots of good points big R except I think you meant manual labor. Manuel works in MI he's a new hire :02.47 tranquillity:

I think if you change profit sharing to bonus, then yes there is a Santa Claus. But the first stop is welch's office, then down the hall to hawkins, regional bosses, chief books cooker fisher, oops santas bag is starting to empty out......let me see, nope thats it. the bad boys and girls in the rank and file get coal.

iStock_000002337152Medium.jpg
Guessing it will be a lump of coal for profit sharing , because of out of control overtime and docks not closing till midnight to 2am and freight damage is out of control ,every inbound load looks like it was blow-en in the trailer with a end loader , and WASTING money on stupid lane dash beeper's and other stupid electronic crap , but agree yes "Upper Management" with be getting a Bonus check again for sure !

iStock_000002337152Medium.jpg
Guessing it will be a lump of coal for profit sharing , because of out of control overtime and docks not closing till midnight to 2am and freight damage is out of control ,every inbound load looks like it was blow-en in the trailer with a end loader , and WASTING money on stupid lane dash beeper's and other stupid electronic crap , but agree yes "Upper Management" with be getting a Bonus check again for sure !
wong you're just sour grapes, they've met and exceeded THEIR goals. Latest rumor I've heard, is that each barn will be getting a new system to blow loads in trailers just like blown in insulation. saves time and you just dump the freight in a big hopper and it goes through the hose and you can adjust the weight distribution. but we'll leave it like it is 13000 on the steers 39000 on the drives 39000 on the tandems. that way it'll handle the way the road guys are used to. Oh and after the first of the year, road dispatch will be authorized to dispatch with only one brake chamber per axle and oner working clearance light per trailer. 100% on time dispatch:greedy dollars:

wong you're just sour grapes, they've met and exceeded THEIR goals. Latest rumor I've heard, is that each barn will be getting a new system to blow loads in trailers just like blown in insulation. saves time and you just dump the freight in a big hopper and it goes through the hose and you can adjust the weight distribution. but we'll leave it like it is 13000 on the steers 39000 on the drives 39000 on the tandems. that way it'll handle the way the road guys are used to. Oh and after the first of the year, road dispatch will be authorized to dispatch with only one brake chamber per axle and oner working clearance light per trailer. 100% on time dispatch:greedy dollars:
k27510242.jpg
Here's is one of the" NEW FREIGHT BLOWER LOADER" for trailer's at 1am , JUST SET THE PALLET ON THE BACK & PUSH IT IN !!

k27510242.jpg
Here's is one of the" NEW FREIGHT BLOWER LOADER" for trailer's at 1am , JUST SET THE PALLET ON THE BACK & PUSH IT IN !!
Yup thats what they look like. except they need to be able to crush totes and drums so they're bigger. you put the quilts on the freight and slide them through.

I hope that you do qualify for and receive a bonus but I believe that last year they made a mistake...one that they won't make again.

Gee are you saying we weren't worth a bonus? I've still got mine I can send it back.
You still have it? What did you do frame it up and put in on the wall? If it came in the form or a check it might be too late to cash it in.

You still have it? What did you do frame it up and put in on the wall? If it came in the form or a check it might be too late to cash it in.
Better run to the bank with it,or you probably got yourself a new basketball, bounce bounce,