Yellow | "progression"

silverstreak

TB Lurker
Credits
A. CDL Qualified Driver or Mechanics Effective April 1, 2008, all regular employees hired on or after that date and employees who are in progression shall receive the following hourly and/or mileage rates of pay

Does this mean that if a member has 23 months employment as of April 1, 2008 that he will be pushed into the new pay schedual and have another year before he is 100%. That is the way that I read it, just another reason to vote NO.

:chairshot::cuss::maddance3:thats right,if this goes threw,il take a pay cut till first of aug.
what a crock ofshiaat!!!!!!not to metion the people below me!!!!!

my local head just called me at the house,he said that what ever rate your at ,it will stay the same.
said it will only effect 4/1/08 and after.........

my local head just called me at the house,he said that what ever rate your at ,it will stay the same.
said it will only effect 4/1/08 and after.........

They may want to reread the contract then. A. CDL Qualified Driver or Mechanics Effective April 1, 2008, all regular employees hired on or after that date and employees who are in progression shall receive the following hourly and/or mileage rates of pay.

yeah the way i read it that me for example who made the list in july will be pushed back to 3 year progression. whats up with that?

A quote from http://www.teamster.org/divisions/Freight/2008NMFAnegotiations/pdfs/080111_nmfa_summary.pdf

One compromise in the contract was the lengthening
of new hire progressions for those hired after April
1, 2008 by one year—both CDL-qualified and not.
However, these changes do not affect anyone in progression
prior to that date and prevented the more dangerous
introduction of permanent two-tier wage schedule.

A quote from http://www.teamster.org/divisions/F...pdfs/2008-NationalMasterFreightAgreement2.pdf

CDL Qualified Driver or Mechanics Effective April 1, 2008, all regular employees hired on or after that date and employees who are in progression shall receive the following hourly and/or mileage rates of pay:

TELL ME THAT THIS DOESN'T SAY TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!

So as the ongoing question goes...Does someone that has been here a 1.5 year have to go a third year to get to 100%????

I will be asking in the meeting Sunday!

I can say when I started it was 70% for a year then 80% for a year then 90% for a year and the contract changed like before a year before I was to go to 100% when the new rate went into effect I went to 100% and did not have to wait the last year so this is a good question too find out if they present people go back in pay

CDL Qualified Driver or Mechanics Effective April 1, 2008, all regular employees hired on or after that date and employees who are in progression shall receive the following hourly and/or mileage rates of pay:

TELL ME THAT THIS DOESN'T SAY TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!
i asked this question this morning and i was told in progression its two years but i feel the language says two different things too