ODFL | Promotions/pay

wheeler125

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been a driver for a long time and I've hit a wall on the pay. Just wondering ballpark figure what other positions pay such as service center manager sales rep or any other local positions is it worth the stress to do something else is it more money or less than driving thanks

Nope it's not I drove for 11 years then went to dock supervisor. Not worth it even though it's guaranteed money every week and it's only four day shift. After nine months I went back to driving.

I'm in management. I love my job and this company, but if pay is what you are after, stick to driving. You have to get pretty high up to make more than a driver. I will say some supervisors will run a weekend line haul run to supplement their pay if needed.

I'm in management. I love my job and this company, but if pay is what you are after, stick to driving. You have to get pretty high up to make more than a driver. I will say some supervisors will run a weekend line haul run to supplement their pay if needed.

I had to leave the company for a diff opportunity and now finally make more than I did as a LH driver.

When I first came to OD 12 years ago, it was possible to move from driver to supervisory/management position. Even had a TM position offered to me at a very small, new, "great white north" terminal, no college degree necessary. I didn't take it because of family obligations here. Now, I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in a couple months, have applied and applied to different positions at OD and can't get a bite. I am willing to take a pay cut to get off the truck. Seems they are hiring in from Conway and other carriers for management and supervisory positions now, though. So, I've been casting my fishing line in other ponds - gonna see if I can get any other bites. Hate to leave OD, though.

When I first came to OD 12 years ago, it was possible to move from driver to supervisory/management position. Even had a TM position offered to me at a very small, new, "great white north" terminal, no college degree necessary. I didn't take it because of family obligations here. Now, I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in a couple months, have applied and applied to different positions at OD and can't get a bite. I am willing to take a pay cut to get off the truck. Seems they are hiring in from Conway and other carriers for management and supervisory positions now, though. So, I've been casting my fishing line in other ponds - gonna see if I can get any other bites. Hate to leave OD, though.

You'll be real insulted when they take some ****** from the dock that's been under the TM's desk before you. That's how business is done here.

You'll be real insulted when they take some ****** from the dock that's been under the TM's desk before you. That's how business is done here.
Not so much insulted - I've come to expect it, unfortunately. I'm mostly seeing "outsiders" that the TM knows from other carriers (one being where he himself came from) being hired in. But that's the way it goes...they say, 'it's all in who you know'.

Not so much insulted - I've come to expect it, unfortunately. I'm mostly seeing "outsiders" that the TM knows from other carriers (one being where he himself came from) being hired in. But that's the way it goes...they say, 'it's all in who you know'.

Same thing happens here.