Yellow | Proposal for YRCW employee's for next Contract

MIKEEEEE said:
yo freightmaster......

please read article 5 section 2 of the contract...

then think back as to why YELLOW fed preston to the wolves instead of merging with them......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wolf Chow.....yep that's just how I felt in July of 99.

the only thing the companies should be required to do in working guys from other companies or subsideries is pay them at their current pay scale and not casual pay

in upstate ny you can have seniorty at two barns if your on a bid at one and the other one offers you a bid then you have to make a choice and quit often a hard decision to make

what happened to this thread...I propose companys should have to pay for all days worked into h&w ,and pension insead of only 5 days for a week,i run 6 and 7 days on road bid but Roadway only pays 5..also it would keep companys from layin off to keep from paying in..lets get some good ideas going contract s not that far off..if we get going maybe we can get something good insead of argueing about mergers that might or might not happen,,,

Jughead said:
what happened to this thread...I propose companys should have to pay for all days worked into h&w ,and pension insead of only 5 days for a week,i run 6 and 7 days on road bid but Roadway only pays 5..also it would keep companys from layin off to keep from paying in..lets get some good ideas going contract s not that far off..if we get going maybe we can get something good insead of argueing about mergers that might or might not happen,,,
I think it was CFer suggested bennies be paid hourly to curb the forced ot. Good idea--more people putting into the fund too.

IN the Master Freight Agreement Article 3 Section 2 you can hold two seniority's just on letter of lay off. When recalled you make a choice of the old job or the new job

yo jughead....

depends what supplement you're in as far as how benefits are paid to the locals....

the plan i'm in, local 707, gets a day's benefits for every day i work....

this works out really well for the local as i'm on a 3/2 bid.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

rtm457 said:
So what you are saying is that after putting in 14 years at Holland and holding the bid I want and have earned, a guy from Yellow when it is slow and say has 15 years can come to Holland and work and take my seniority. You are not only nuts, but you have no right to be a union member to think something like this. All I can tell the guy from Yellow or Roadway that has 15 years or whatever and gets laid off is that he should have got his job sooner. I work for Holland, not Yellow or Roadway. Same thing for Yellow or Roadway drivers, they work for there company not mine. I guess the next thing is the UPS freight drivers will be over at UPS package knocking someone out of their seniority. Layoffs are a part of the deal we have all experienced it. For some reason the young guys we have hired at Holland recently seems like (5 years or so) don't think they have to put in their time to earn their seniority. You must have the sense of of these guys. Wait your turn, it will come.
Hey RTM,I think you misunderstood what He was saying,From what I think he was trying to put across is if you work for instance Roadway and you get laid off and holland is working casuals,that the driver from roadway would go to the top of the casual list as long as the other casuals weren't from other jobs under the NMFA,It has nothing to do with you or your seniorityThis is my interpetation of preferred hiring...CRAZY :shout: and as usual I could be wrong:shout: