TForce | Pro's and Con's - Master List

NiKDiesel

TB Regular
Credits
As expected I see that there is allot of UPS Freighters already online today... with allot more to come I'm sure...

Without scanning through all the messages posted over the last couple day's... I thought that perhaps it would be a good idea to compile a master list of what everyone thought are the "Pro's and Con's" of this tentative agreement...

This information will be beneficial for all of us that are having our meetings tomorrow!

And will eliminate the necessity of us all sitting down and trying to extract as well as remember everything that needs to be addressed in these meetings...

With that said... Lets propagate this list with just the specifics... Any and all rebuttal - as well as off subject comments need to be addressed in another tread...

Let's bring it!

con - The time being alloted for us all to vote of this matter

*** I have actually already addressed this issue with our future steward... We are going to attempt to get our local to accept a request to allow us to have all votes in by April 6th. rather then tomorrow... Allowing us the opportunity to make a group decision... Rather then a individual decision - which seems likely once inside the hall... ***

con - only (3) Discretionary Day's - should have received (5)

con - only received (1) Floating Holiday - shoild have received (2)

con - Where's Veterans Day?

(this is a national holiday and should be recognized as such - allowing us the opportunity to be paid at a time and one half rate if the company decides to work on this day)

Allow me too add to this, all though I am in agreement of your post, sick as opposed too discretionary is a contridiction in terms in referrance to the contract. Sick is spontaneous, not planned. And should be noted in the contract as opposing articles.

I agree with 5 sick 5 personel.

We agree with you in north carolina that seems to be the big issue with this national con.We should have more discretionary.The contract is not that bad.Last night i talked about it on here and i think people got the wrong messsage that we hated it in north carolina thats not true.It could use some work.Does anyone know if thats possilbe,or is this what it will be.

We agree with you in north carolina that seems to be the big issue with this national con.We should have more discretionary.The contract is not that bad.Last night i talked about it on here and i think people got the wrong messsage that we hated it in north carolina thats not true.It could use some work.Does anyone know if thats possilbe,or is this what it will be.

We were told the work rules could be adjusted and work rules only, these will be in referrance to negotiable suppliments per region.

pro - Full-time employees who have earned at least two (2) weeks of vacation will have the option of declaring that he/she wants to split one (1) of the available weeks of vacation into five (5) single days.

*** This is awesome! ***

I cannot emphasize the necessity of filling this list with as much as we can...

With "22" people viewing, there should be "22" different posts...

Article 18;Section 2. has to go!! As for vacation,single days are nice, but during the summer(june-aug) full weeks should have priority, an do we get weekly avg. for vacation paid,didn't see anything on that?

cons

1. we deserve Teamster medical
2. we deserve Teamster pension---no UPSF formula
3. national language regarding percentage of freight hauled by O/O, rail and contractors.
4. Article 18 sec. 2 has to be eliminated PERIOD

Also-we need to witness the counting of the votes at each local. I don't trust these guys as far as I can throw them!!!!!!

Also-we need to witness the counting of the votes at each local. I don't trust these guys as far as I can throw them!!!!!!

Very interesting!

This is the second time in two day's that I have heard this comment...

"Is it already a DONE DEAL?"

"Are we just going through the formalities?"

What about Delay pay for Road Drivers. The way it is worded in the contract is not delay pay but rather pay for work performed, which means that I will be paid as a dock worker for working on the dock and Jockey if working as a jockey etc... I want true delay pay without having to worry about working the dock or moving trailers.

1. we deserve Teamster medical
2. we deserve Teamster pension---no UPSF formula
3. national language regarding percentage of freight hauled by O/O, rail and contractors.
4. Article 18 sec. 2 has to be eliminated PERIOD

NOW I STEP IN.....I will be handling the vote at our Local in ATL. We have a set of guidelines that ALL Locals have to adhere to.

ALL ballots must be accounted for......

ONLY those who have signed membership apps. will be allowed to vote.....

The number of ballots placed must equal that of those have signed in......

ALL UPS Freight (IT IS THEIR LOCAL TOO!)members are allowed to be present when the votes are being counted as observers.....

so in a kind way...:chairshot:....you can stick that last statement that you made......KK

What about Delay pay for Road Drivers. The way it is worded in the contract is not delay pay but rather pay for work performed, which means that I will be paid as a dock worker for working on the dock and Jockey if working as a jockey etc... I want true delay pay without having to worry about working the dock or moving trailers.

Delay pay for Road Drivers is the top rate for City drivers at his domicle.....I beleive that will go up from $13 to the rate of $21 at ratification......KK

Sorry Guy's, I think its a little to late. The National is done and that will be it. Anything else will have to be added as supplements or addendum's if allowed. I will find out more tomorrow. We are also expected to vote tomorrow.

NOW I STEP IN.....I will be handling the vote at our Local in ATL. We have a set of guidelines that ALL Locals have to adhere to.

ALL ballots must be accounted for......

ONLY those who have signed membership apps. will be allowed to vote.....

The number of ballots placed must equal that of those have signed in......

ALL UPS Freight (IT IS THEIR LOCAL TOO!)members are allowed to be present when the votes are being counted as observers.....

so in a kind way...:chairshot:....you can stick that last statement that you made......KK

I will see first hand how the process is handled tomorrow. That's when we vote.