TForce | Pro's and Con's - Master List

All of us meeting tomorrow need to address this immediately!

Upon arriving at our locals...

We all need to see if we can prolong the vote to the 6th.

Giving us all equal opportunity for continued discussions!

Have you read the contract? Just vote no.
Friends don't let Friends get shafted.

Not everybody.....just 82%......KK

KK, I really hate to say this and as I have said before alot have worked hard for this contract and my hats off too you all, The contract for national is a good one and if it was not for the INS. issue here in the north east this probably would be in like flynn.

But most of us have 100% coverage for that $233.00 a week. The unfortunate thing is ( and I am sure I am being a bit premature) the majority in this case with the PPO may be bigger then the people currently covered by the HMO. With this being the case we may have to except it.

With that being said we will be loosing monies in the northeast. Would you negotiate less for yourself? The only saving grace is the suppliments but I think that too will have nothing to do with the bennies.

If nowhere else its in past practice. but needs to be in every local supplement .
Slo I tend to agree it would fall under the "Maintenance of Standards" Article 29, and Article 41 "Existing Practices"..but I understand if a practice gets ignored the company can say past practice is no more..maybe someone from package can better explain the practice...I agree it`s better to be in black and white..

The faster they get it done, The faster they start making millions from the employees.

Well the IBT has spent over $10 M trying to organize Overnite/UPS Freight over the last 14 years....IF...everyone one of you that was eligible to be members (12,600) were to join and pay dues.....you would pay approx. $3,465,000 over the next 5 years.....

meaning it would take 15 years to recover the money spent....but that also means the dues that would be taken during those 15 years would be returned back to ALL members by way of representation and bargaining..........

so the IBT will never get its intital costs returned....so that bucket holds no water here.....KK

Well the IBT has spent over $10 M trying to organize Overnite/UPS Freight over the last 14 years....IF...everyone one of you that was eligible to be members (12,600) were to join and pay dues.....you would pay approx. $3,465,000 over the next 5 years.....

meaning it would take 15 years to recover the money spent....but that also means the dues that would be taken during those 15 years would be returned back to ALL members by way of representation and bargaining..........

so the IBT will never get its intital costs returned....so that bucket holds no water here.....KK

You certainly have a point there.

KK... If the medical plan is what is swaying opinions one way or another... Is it possible to get a different plan or modified plan through the supplements?

What I have "now" is way better then what is being presented... although, I pay allot for it... yet, I won't have to worry about the "out of pocket expense" that is detailed in UPS / IBT Provisions

KK... help us out here... this message is still sitting back on page five...

KK, I really hate to say this and as I have said before alot have worked hard for this contract and my hats off too you all, The contract for national is a good one and if it was not for the INS. issue here in the north east this probably would be in like flynn.

But most of us have 100% coverage for that $233.00 a week. The unfortunate thing is ( and I am sure I am being a bit premature) the majority in this case with the PPO may be bigger then the people currently covered by the HMO. With this being the case we may have to except it.

With that being said we will be loosing monies in the northeast. Would you negotiate less for yourself? The only saving grace is the suppliments but I think that too will have nothing to do with the bennies.

OK....help me out here.....For $233 per month you have an anual out of pocket max of $5,600 per person under the old Flex Opition Plan....under the $150 per month it is only $3,000 per person?

Under the $233 per month plan your deductable is $1,100 per person/$2,200 Family and the New Select Plan there is zero deductable?

Office vists under the Old Flex Plan is to meet the deductable and then paid @ 70%....the New Select Plan is a $20 co-pay and then paid @ 100%?

Prescription Drugs under the Old Flex Plan is$100 out of pocket and then $200 out of ppocket for 90 days supply.....the New Select Plan is only $50 out of pocket and then $100 out of pocket for 90 dayss supply?

Mammogram is paid @ 70% under old plan and 100% on the New Select Plan?

All this and much more under the New Select Plan for $83.00 per month less which will more than pay your dues for the month.

Not to mention the overtime kicking in after 8 hours everyday.....KK:1036316054:

KK... help us out here... this message is still sitting back on page five...

As I understand it......The PPO Network is Nationawide and vety extensive; Aetna and BCBS and the employee has choice of networks, Aetna or BCBS.

The majority of the NMFA insurance is under the BCBS plan.....KK

*** con ***

here's another slip-in...

According to Article 18 - Workday and Workweek - section 2. Full-time Employees

The language reads:

Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week

what about the other 10% (?)

Is this language saying that once the contract is voted in that 10% of the current full time employees are considered laid-off?

If so... what about when they are brought back to work?

Where's their eight (8) hour guarantee?

Wow... doesn't this line of language open the door for a real serious problem!!!

*** con ***

Since we are not getting a 6th punch for Saturday work... Sunday will not be compensated as it should (double time for all hours worked)

In other words, UPS Freight employees will be subsidizing all union workers for much less coverage and protection.

OK....help me out here.....For $233 per month you have an anual out of pocket max of $5,600 per person under the old Flex Opition Plan....under the $150 per month it is only $3,000 per person?

Under the $233 per month plan your deductable is $1,100 per person/$2,200 Family and the New Select Plan there is zero deductable?

Office vists under the Old Flex Plan is to meet the deductable and then paid @ 70%....the New Select Plan is a $20 co-pay and then paid @ 100%?

Prescription Drugs under the Old Flex Plan is$100 out of pocket and then $200 out of ppocket for 90 days supply.....the New Select Plan is only $50 out of pocket and then $100 out of pocket for 90 dayss supply?

Mammogram is paid @ 70% under old plan and 100% on the New Select Plan?

All this and much more under the New Select Plan for $83.00 per month less which will more than pay your dues for the month.

Not to mention the overtime kicking in after 8 hours everyday.....KK:1036316054:

The old plan that they are comparing to is extinct. Many of us don't even have that old plan. We pay alot, but $15 co pay and 100% paid for everything. What is up with the $50 and $150 co pay for Hospital inpatient/outpatient in the new plan. I pay $15 for that under my current plan.

*** con ***

here's another slip-in...

According to Article 18 - Workday and Workweek - section 2. Full-time Employees

The language reads:

Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week

what about the other 10% (?)

Is this language saying that once the contract is voted in that 10% of the current full time employees are considered laid-off?

If so... what about when they are brought back to work?

Where's their eight (8) hour guarantee?

Wow... doesn't this line of language open the door for a real serious problem!!!

I also see the loop holes in Article 26, Paid for time for Road Drivers. I guess there is no delay pay. Same past practice as before.

*** con ***

(Vacation)

During each vacation year. the employee must work one hundred and fifty-six (156) reports to earn their vacation...

Based on this language... we will not be able to take vacation until the first of August!

That's crazy!

No summer vacations...