TForce | Pro's and Con's - Master List

*** con ***

(Vacation)

During each vacation year. the employee must work one hundred and fifty-six (156) reports to earn their vacation...

Based on this language... we will not be able to take vacation until the first of August!

That's crazy!

No summer vacations...

That is for the next year.

Well the IBT has spent over $10 M trying to organize Overnite/UPS Freight over the last 14 years....IF...everyone one of you that was eligible to be members (12,600) were to join and pay dues.....you would pay approx. $3,465,000 over the next 5 years.....

meaning it would take 15 years to recover the money spent....but that also means the dues that would be taken during those 15 years would be returned back to ALL members by way of representation and bargaining..........

so the IBT will never get its intital costs returned....so that bucket holds no water here.....KK

3,465,000 / 12,600 = $275 is what each employee would pay over 5 years that is $55 a year.

Come on kk, the average ups freight employee will pay about $4300 over 5 years
$4300 * 12600 = $54,180,000 <-- is about what the teamsters will receive over 5 years.

amount of dues per------- year Hourly rate
663---------------------------22.10
684---------------------------22.80
706---------------------------23.55
730---------------------------24.35
756---------------------------25.20
783---------------------------26.10

That is for the next year.

To be eligible to receive a vacation pay-out in your first year of employment... you need at least (156) reports (you don't have to work all year... just need the 156 to qualify for a vacation pay-out)

each year after that you have to work (156) reports to qualify for that years vacation (total pay-out)...

otherwise your vacation pay-out will be pro-rata (one vacation day for each forty reports times the weeks of vacation entitled)

Well the IBT has spent over $10 M trying to organize Overnite/UPS Freight over the last 14 years....IF...everyone one of you that was eligible to be members (12,600) were to join and pay dues.....you would pay approx. $3,465,000 over the next 5 years.....

meaning it would take 15 years to recover the money spent....but that also means the dues that would be taken during those 15 years would be returned back to ALL members by way of representation and bargaining..........

so the IBT will never get its intital costs returned....so that bucket holds no water here.....KK
wait a minute who cares how much they spent over the years to try to organize us......we shouldnt have to pay that back......its not our fault.....thats crazy talk......and im drunk!....tonite

*** con ***

New hires are still subjected to the three year progression...

If the requirement for seniority status wasn't difficult enough (45 day in 90) then tacking another three years on top of that will deter many...

What about those that don't achieve seniority within their first three months?

This progression could turn into four years before hitting full scale quite easily!

Progression should kick back to two years to achieve full rate...

i sincerly hope noone else has to ponder the silliness of this statement any further.....and im not sure i want to pay a union a vendetta like this statement implies....and i was voting yes

I also see the loop holes in Article 26, Paid for time for Road Drivers. I guess there is no delay pay. Same past practice as before.

Mentioned ever so slightly in Section 4. Paid for Time

This whole paragraph needs to be overhauled and spelled out...

I mean really... what the hell is that?

There's &quot;No Specifics&quot;... just like everything else... They just make it up as they go along...

We would not see a dime out of that paragraph as written! :puke:

dont get me wrong ...im glad to be a teamster now....but as i crossed that line to feed my family as non-company people were trying to put overnite out of buisness...it is a bittersweet pill to swallow hearing about past so called dues owed to a union i was not apart of.......and would have put my medium sized company out of buisness.....so i think UPS threw the teamsters a bone on this one.........letting tony soprano claim victory

Mentioned ever so slightly in Section 4. Paid for Time

This whole paragraph needs to be overhauled and spelled out...

I mean really... what the hell is that?

There's &quot;No Specifics&quot;... just like everything else... They just make it up as they go along...

We would not see a dime out of that paragraph as written! :puke:

This is what I have been talking about. You will get paid at the work you are performing. So if you arrive and your loads are not ready they can put you on the dock at the dock rate of pay . Etc... You will have to work to earn your pay.

*** con ***

(off-route miles)

according to Section 2. Mileage Determination

The interpretation could very easily sway into the hands of UP's allowing us to run off route without being compensated for the miles...

Only specifies compensation for designated routes by the employer...

Off route miles only documented...

&quot;Wide Open!&quot;

i just ordered a teamster denim jacket and them i got read this crap

This is what I have been talking about. You will get paid at the work you are performing. So if you arrive and your loads are not ready they can put you on the dock at the dock rate of pay . Etc... You will have to work to earn your pay.

My interpretation is more in line with that you will have to go on the clock to perform the responsibilities of hooking and unhooking, fueling, pre tripping etc.

Would only be applicable if you were not hooked and ready to go upon arrival at the terminal...

Way to many possibilities... could go either way depending on the terminal for which this sort of situation happened...

Better off cleaning it up now... rather then later!

Where is the Pay structure for hooking, unhooking, fueling, pre tripping etc. – should we all assume we are going to be hourly?

If so then dock work could be forced, as well as anything else… Jockeying Trailers, etc…

*** con ***

What's the matter? UP's can't afford Power Mirrors on New Trucks?

&quot;No&quot; language specifying this being a requirement...

I would definitely have to hit the clock nightly just to fix my mirrors... If they were not mechanical...