TForce | Pro's and Con's - Master List

(Starting Times)

Pertaining to Laid-off / re-called employees...

Shouldn't the requirement be that re-called personnel be brought back in on actual starting times?

Another one that seems a little wide open...

The way I see it... If someone is laid-off and they are re-called then they can come in whenever and wherever needed throughout the day... with the current language written... or lack there of...

Requirements need to be set in place pertaining to start times...

Otherwise, there will be too much flexibility and they will not feel the pain of their actions...

Goal here is to keep everyone working!

Are allotted lunch periods... "Paid"

If not are you allowed to work through your lunch without being docked the time?

dallas don't have cards in skeeter, so there you are blowing off at the mouth when you don't know what the hell your talking about

i sincerly hope noone else has to ponder the silliness of this statement any further.....and im not sure i want to pay a union a vendetta like this statement implies....and i was voting yes

A vendatta? Not sure what you mean there.
I was making an anology on the statement that it was just about dues money....which it is not....both sides has spent millions that they will NEVER recoup....it is all about bring the bargaining strenth back to the table for ALL Teamsters in the future and get trucking back to where it once was before Mexico takes over our jobs for $25 a day.....WAKE UP AMERICA!......KK

Lots of interesting banter on this issue. READ CAREFULLY THE CONTRACT YOU HAVE. Make notes regarding the issues that you question. Most of all, when you go to the hall for the vote, make yourself heard. Don't sit there and stay quiet as many do at so many other meetings, express yourself. I read on this thread that only employees who SIGNED cards will be allowed to vote, well we have not been told that. It has been expressed to our folks THAT ALL who show up at the contract meeting will be allowed to vote.
The contract states that your vacation selections will be by CLASSIFICATION senority and this will be one reason many at my barn will vote NO on this contract. We have folks who have many years with the company, but are lower on the board and they are unhappy with this language. Starting with the number 1 employee, he/she will be able to choose ALL 5 weeks he/she wants...as the slots fill up and the choice weeks are filled, the lower on the board will be ASSIGNED vacation weeks by managment. RDDR's rate of pay at meet points will be 1/2 hour on the clock, instead of the point 1 hook and point 1 drop. The company will try to get you to take 1 hour lunch at meet point, but I think 1/2 hour will be more realistic. This will be handled at your location specific, subject to local negotiation. I am under the impression that the Insurance is the same as the pacage folks are receiving. I also, as many of you are, unimpressed with the SLOW PACE on receiving important information regarding insurance and the retirement plan. I think the IBT (National) dropped the ball on this.