Protesting the Police

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12...-eric-garner-protest-organizers-at-city-hall/

All across the nation, there have been protests against the police. Most of these are happening in major cities.
    These people are calling for (as usual) "change"
    What kind of "change" are they looking for?
    most of these cities are controlled and have been controlled by liberal progressive democrats for generations.
    The police do not write the laws, they are hired to enforce them. The guy in NYC had been arrested numerous times for selling untaxed cigarettes and loosies. Who put the taxes on the cigarettes? who made that a profitable business venture, it sure wasn't the police, it was the left winged liberal progressive Dem that wants to regulate behavior
    These people (once again) have their anger aimed in the wrong direction. It is not the police but the policies put in place by the left winged liberal progressive.
    If they really want change, put in some free market capitalist conservatives

shadowr434, Woody and sharpshooter like this.
  2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

To educate themselves on the facts and details of how and why their communities have gone to :crap: would be difficult. It's easier to pick a vulnerable target like the police and go after them.

3. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Just a small point, the cigarettes that were being sold weren't "untaxed". If so, the tax stamp wouldn't have been on the pack, and it would have been a different story we were hearing. They may have been bought from a state with a lower tax, although I hadn't heard that.

Additionally, "loosies" have been sold for decades, even under Republican administrations. They've always been illegal.

pilot87 likes this.
  4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

not my point
    my point is that these people are marching for "change"
    when the libs have run these cities for decades, what do they want to change to?
    Furthermore, the rules put into place that are being enforced by the cops are put into place by these libs.
    If you look at a city like NYC, yes, you have had Rep mayors, Giuliani from 94-01 before that it was Dem from 70-94, since Giuliani two commies
    then, who ran city council, pretty sure they were not conservative Reps.

shadowr434 likes this.
  5. CCXdriver

I don't know, maybe the change they want is assuming most Blacks are criminals.

I know for a fact that there are many White criminals in NYC. Yet, Whites are not subject to policies such as "stop and frisk".

There used to be many 'social clubs" in NYC (there are still a few), where Italians would gather. Drug deals, weapons deals, hijacking, etc. would be planned inside, yet Italians in the neighborhood were not automatically assumed to be criminals. Why not?

I remember some time back, a White man executed a cop. There was a huge manhunt, and a neighbor of mine who was unfortunate to have the same name as this thug, was stopped several times. Somehow in the heat of the moment, he was always treated decently, never beaten or shot, even though he was thought to be a cop killer. When the actual killer was found, the same thing happened. Yet the same police force can't arrest a guy for selling cigarettes without a death resulting.

pilot87 likes this.
  6. Northern Flash

Although I feel that the choke hold was excessive, I don't care if he was illegally selling pot holders that he had just crocheted, don't resist arrest and this won't happen.

kantgetryte likes this.
  7. Northern Flash

I'm with Charles Barkley on this issue. As he said, the blacks should be thanking the cops for what they do versus bashing them. Otherwise, the 'hood would be worse than it already is.

8. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

I agree that the cops shouldn't be bashed. The system is the problem. Economics and politics is. Race hasnt as much to do with it.

The underlying problem in Ferguson is political/economic.
    Missouri union density dropped from "50% to 9%" since 1983.

There is the root problem....as is the problem in most of the nation.

http://m.thenation.com/blog/181328-what-would-real-economic-justice-look-ferguson

9. Northern Flash

Yes indeed. The looters only want to join a union, and preferably a police union. Yep, their protest signs even said it. They just want representation. The international brotherhood of looters has a special little ring to it.

shadowr434, Woody and a9faninnc like this.
  10. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Yea,lack of union is definitely at the root of this,lmao...I guess everyone can throw their little agenda to be the root cause of racial unrest.I,ll throw mine at the feet of this administration and Racebait Inc.

dcmilkwagon and Northern Flash like this.
  11. Northern Flash

I reckon one of our members has gotten himself ----faced on the union Kool Aid.lol

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  12. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Tunnel vision.

13. slavenomore

In 1983 the working class had 50% say in politics there. Now they have 9% say.
    I'd say that makes a difference on alot of things.
    They have no Freedom. They own nothing and work for nothing.
    They have no economic voice. Their lives are 24/7 bosses. From landlords to govt to employers. All bosses and no freedom. 34 years ago their unions influenced politics, local to national. They had freedom to participate. Now they have no voice. And this is how oppressed people rebel. A whole generation or 2 or 3 of them. It won't be able to be blamed on race if the oppression of people's political desires/ voice keeps up. All races will be involved imo. Authority cannot keep taking for too much longer. That is employers and government being the authorities.

14. slavenomore

Perhaps the more business friendly states and localities and corporate beneficiaries who took their union jobs away would be hospitable enough to take what was left behind too?
    And the welfare bill too.

15. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

Yes, I am sure he charged sales tax for each transaction. LOL!

16. CCXdriver

No, but he would have paid the tax when he bought the pack.

17. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Hoffa could be President too!.....I think he has the qualifications.....

18. pilot87

One thing that is in need of pointing out is the looters and the protesters are not the same....... The actual people carrying signs and doing the actual protesting......are not the same people that are running around burning and looting.....Real People protesting are exercising their constitutional rights... The people looting are just thugs and criminals.....there is a big difference and it is often overlooked..

It is a dangerous thing to a "democracy" when people who protest against something are lumped in with looters and looked down upon as thugs or worse..... We don't all have to agree on whether or not their protest has merits or not.....but they do have the right to do so....and not be looked at as just common thugs who are just out to loot....The criminals doing the looting during these protests do so to take advantage of the situation...not to help.....

I understand you were making light...but just wanted to make that distinction....and I liked the "International brotherhood of looters" line..That was Funny!

CCXdriver likes this.
  19. pilot87

To much of any kind of "kool-aid" is a bad thing..... Especially the "fruitty" kind.... Remember...Kool aid in moderation is ok...just don't drink and drive.......

20. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

To the burners and looters I would add, those who block traffic, those who intimidate and harrass shoppers, those who march through the streets chanting "what do we want - dead cops - when do want em - now", anyone that advocates violence against police, anyone that instigates a physical altercation with police, those who damage or destroy private property.

Roadrunner73 likes this.