Protesting the Police

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Dec 20, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Called IRS codes. Best way to end that is do away with all income tax, repeal the 16th amendment- and go Fair Tax. Everyone pays the same....

dcmilkwagon likes this.
  2. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Well I guess the man told the truth because he died .

3. Pup Driver

Just because its legal doesn't make it moral now does it? I try and live a moralistic life and because I do I feel our Lord has blessed me in many ways .

Woody likes this.
  4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Ccx, just to clear things up a little. Even out here in Indy, I get upset when the FOP or the mayor or Police Dept 'takes over' a cop's funeral. Our family wouldn't permit it. We have private funerals amongst mostly family, and a very few friends. No one else's business- my wife and kids and I all agree. There would be no bagpipes, no reporters, no TV, no mayor......

Just the ones that loved one of us while we were alive and nobodies...

dcmilkwagon, Ice Rider and Woody like this.
  5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

so you don't take deductions, right?

Last I heard, each and every US taxpayer owes somewhere about 250,000 toward the Federal debt. They take checks. Write em one..our US Dollar says 'for all debts, public and private'. By law, the Federal Reserve could sieze everything we own, since we purchased it with their dollars, and we owe them more than we can pay. Just saying...

Is it moral of you to be envious of their deductions?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  6. Pup Driver

Of course I take deductions but not to the magnitude that company's do . Example a couple of months ago I put in a new hot water heater I can't write that off but If
    Of course I take deductions when I can but not to the magnitude that company's do. Example I installed a new hot water heater a couple of months ago , I can't write that off like a company could do . Yes you can write off things in the home if you use that home as part of your business like if you convert a bedroom into an office . Company's big and small have much more in write off that we can't claim . I would to if I could don't blame them if its offered why not? lol .

7. Pup Driver

Jimmy don't know what happen to tread 185 . I got called away and restarted on 186 oops !

jimmy g likes this.
  8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

That's what companies like GE do, and you don't like it when they do. That's why I suggest the Fair Tax. No write offs, no withholding. Everyone pays the same!

Ice Rider likes this.
  9. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Happy New Year to all the third world countries... Hope you enjoy the $1 billion ya got from us.... And we still have homeless people starving to death... But, Happy New Year...

DCM_Doc, JIM BOB, Ice Rider and 2 others like this.
  10. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Had he not resisted arrest and said "this is where it ends" (meaning what he perceived as harassment) he wouldn't have had ANY cops on him. The cops don't jump on you if you cooperate.

I've said multiple times that I feel that the one cop held the choke for longer than necessary, however, that's not what the guy died from.

Whew. That's a relief. You're not as whacked out as I thought. lol

He didn't get wrestled to the ground for selling cigarettes, he got wrestled to the ground for resisting arrest. The cigarette issue could have been dealt with after he walked (by himself) into the police station for the 30th time, had he chose to walk on his own.

And this issue doesn't have a thing to do with Christianity.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    EX396, Ice Rider and jimmy g like this.
  11. Northern Flash

Pup.
    I think that we all agree that the large corporations don't pay enough taxes and that most of us pay too much in taxes. However, we can't bash people or corporations for taking advantage of a tax law that is in black and white. If you don't like the law, it needs to be changed, but don't attack those who use it to their LEGAL advantage.

EX396, jimmy g and Woody like this.
  12. Starkravinloon

If companies would pay what DC thinks they should pay, we would be like we are now, struggling businesses and no manufacturing...

jimmy g likes this.
  13. Northern Flash

We can't give Washington enough money to balance the budget either way. When the idiots get an extra dime via our taxes, they piss away another quarter.

jimmy g likes this.
  14. Starkravinloon

VACATIONS MAN!!! The Obamas' have to go to the "Little Shack on the Big Island"....

15. Northern Flash

Speaking of Obama's vacation, what's that make..........a full six months worth of vacations this year?
    He's a real ball-buster.

16. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

If you are married you can exclude up to $500K from capital gains tax when selling your primary residence. That's 10x the median household income. That's much larger percentage-wise than any corporate exclusion I am aware of.

17. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Yea, that'd be a nice deal if you could do it at a substantial profit every year, year in and year out throughout your life.

18. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

That's a fantastic deal if you manage to maximize the benefit just once. I'll take $500K tax-free anytime it's legal to do so.

19. Northern Flash

I'm not too sure the wife would want to move 25+ times over our lifetime to get that $500k in capital gains. lol

20. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

No Jimmy, I can assure you that it is still me....lol....... Yes I recall our past discussions..... I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse....but I have exceptional recall...... not as good as in my younger years....almost complete and total recall....but still considerably above average..... So yes I recall our conversations.... I see your still consistent with past views....so I'll assume your still consistent with all the views you've expressed in the past.......

I think you and I still have many disagreements when it comes to the scriptures....but that doesn't mean that I have not read the bible....as a matter of fact I've spent considerable time reading and contemplating it... I could go and ask many questions about various scriptures and engage in discussion on what they mean for us today, as well as and more importantly, in the future.... but It's probably best we don't go down that path again because I would not to repeat the ill will and bad feelings between us.....I guess it's best we just agree to disagree and let it rest..... I guess the bright side is that we do agree on some points..... like we are living in the end times..or last days, as an example.......and besides all the long posts would get Mr Northern Flash upset....and I wouldn't want that on my conscience.....Just kidding Northern Flash......... Just joking with you....

Anyway Jimmy, Thanks for being concerned about my mental state..... Senility has not yet taken reign of my faculties..and furthermore, I didn't get back sooner due to being out of the reach of the internet..... currently I'm out of the Country and often times will be out of communication for a few days, here and there, with the rest of the world as I go about some business matters...