New Penn | Providence Move

Nightowl, how do you think a company expands into a area slowly, I DON'T know what you new penn guys are so afraid of, Holland and new penn are seprate companys. Holland will go after their own freight not new penns, relax, they will create more union jobs.

Ya tell that to all ex Red Star emplyees

I am a ex redStar employee.

That case was completely different.

USF "claimed" financial devastation as the results of a one day job action casuing the corp to close down the company.
We all know why USF did what they did and may I add that things they did were illegal and they paid for it.

But the New Penn Holland is different.
NPME is not in any finacil trouble, never has been. For Yellow to close NPME and move in HMES they would have to have viable reasons. Wanting to cut wages by closeing one and opening another for the sake of profits can not be done legally union or not.

Besides all the costs & logistical problems, where are they going to get drivers that are good enough to be Holland material ?

I was just being sarcastic, I couldn't resist taking a shot at Holland's past hiring policies in Red Star's area.

I do not believe that YRC is going to do anything to NPMF that would cause their men to have to move over to a new Holland operation as new employees.( If it ever happens )

There may be a couple of ex-Red Star men that are unhappy at their current jobs and might want to take a chance & go to Holland. But as far as NPMF goes, I think that they will be hiring more men not laying men off.

usf bestaway and reddaway will be combined to form one company, called usf reddaway. holland expanding its coverage in arkansas, kansas, and mississippi, getting couple old bestaway terminals. npme and glenn moore wont be impacted by these changes. npme, will start picking up freight for mid-west and what ever states they dont do now on 1-29-07.

why is it that former red star guys that are at npme now, seem to place blame for red star demise on npme? we were under y/r bannor at that time and had nothing to due with the closeing of red star, if i was feeling really cocky, i might say are superior service had alot to due with red star not makeing any money, but, i'm not going there. nobody made you get a job at npme. if you all think USF and there companys were so great, why did you come to npme, should have stayed with that holland wet dream you have of takeing over the northeast. bet you ain't shareing our new providence terminal with us either. dont get me wrong , i have met alot of ex-redstar guys who are top notch people in my eyes, i got nothing against any of them, except when they think it's npme fault for there demise, or maybe they are takeing it out on npme by trashing new equipment, or they say hey i got 20 years at red star, and we didnt do the job that way, so now crying about what they have to do at npme.we will p/u holland freight destined to mid west and other holland states starting 1-29-07. giveing it to them at buffalo terminal.what holland has now is all they will have in the n/e. they will have a full plate just liveing up to npme standards to deliever the freight we give them. just as we do with freight from reddaway. why don't you guys let a dead horse die,? red star is done and long gone, just as npme is done and not affilatited with arnold industies anymore. it's a whole new ball game with all companys involved. you no something, i only new ralph jellyman from his npme days but he was the only guy from red star that i came across that was always happy or content to being doing the job, never crying about the deal that went down, and even got my spirits up . anyhow, all party's involved better get it togather, and do the job, if any or all of us want to retire with a half decent standard of life, cause times have changed and if we all don't produce, there wont be a npme or any usf companys around.

if i was feeling really cocky, i might say are superior service had alot to due with red star not makeing any money, but, i'm not going there.

dont get me wrong , i have met alot of ex-redstar guys who are top notch people in my eyes, i got nothing against any of them, except when they think it's npme fault for there demise, or maybe they are takeing it out on npme by trashing new equipment, or they say hey i got 20 years at red star, and we didnt do the job that way, so now crying about what they have to do at npme..

Let me inform you about a few things Yes I am an ex-Red Star Guy and if it wasn't for the way most of us worked at Red Star, the company would have closed along time before it did. It was the Managment as with most Trucking jobs that brought us down. But I won't go there.

As for the trashing of new epuipment and crying, yes it took awhile to get used too the change the way the 2 comp. operate differant, but that is all in the past. I work at Term. 24. Most of us Ex Red Star guys are on the Dock. Our Term. is one of the better run Term.'s and thats with 98% of the dock Red Star Guys. Also there was never any trashing of new equipment.

Nightowl, how do you think a company expands into a area slowly, I DON'T know what you new penn guys are so afraid of, Holland and new penn are seprate companys. Holland will go after their own freight not new penns, relax, they will create more union jobs.
not scared of nothing. i could care less what they do with holland. or new penn for that matter. i was looking for a job when i came here and i'll be looking for one when i leave.

almost everyone at new penn came from companies that went under,and that" i'll be looking for a job" crap is a cop out and your next job will be hanging off the back of a trash truck with some mexican, so if you dont like it here, screw, we surrived without you for a long time, take your cancerous attitude someplace else.

because i don't let what may or may not happen bother me you think it's a cancerous attitude? i just don't let my life revolve around decisions that are in someone else's hands. i'll tell you what is cancerous, and that's listening to some of these city guys at some of these terminals. " i'm not making that delivery it's inside, i'll bring it back. screw them. i'm not making that residential delivery, screw them i'll bring it back. i'm not helping unload that freight. screw them i'll bring it back. and to sit in kearny and listen to road drivers about how the company is screwing them because they went to maspeth or how the company is screwing them because they may have not worked one night, or someone got a few more miles then them, so now i have to teach the company a lesson. i'll get the freight back late that will show them. with cancerous attitudes like that we'll all be looking for jobs.

oh, and by the way, if it takes hanging off the back of some trash truck with a mexican, has you put it, to support my family then that's what i'll do. i have no problem with working. talk about a cancerous attitude, sounds like you have one with that remark.

It's been quite some time since coming here to the boards due to being locked out over an "open proxy" issue. Anyone else experience that problem? Anyway, this talk of cancerous attitudes is something I've noticed for years now. I went to my job at good old Friedman's Express on a fresh spring day in April of '93 only to find out they closed the doors. What a sickening feeling. I was in the middle of a divorce and this piled on top of that. No wife and suddenly no job. My life was suddenly all to hell in a handbasket, so the saying goes. Went down the road and worked for St. J three nights that week and mixed in an interview and road test with New Penn also. I knew St. J was in trouble and that New Penn was a fantastic company. So I took the New Penn job and busted my *** for them to earn my way onto the seniority list. In those days, you had to compete for a job, especially for an outfit of New Penn's caliber. Not tooting my horn, it's just the way it was. Anyhow, I was sky high with pride that I'd proved my worth and made the list with the best of the best and I've been damned proud of this company ever since. There are days I **** and moan like any normal person, but have never forgotten the feeling of a company closing right out from under me. Yes, things are most of the time out of our control. But that doesn't excuse me from satisfying my conscience in regards to my own work ethic. Now for the cancerous attitude thing. I am not picking on anyone personally, but I have noticed over the years that there seemed to be a bad attitude brought to New Penn from elsewhere starting with the Preston men and from a few of the CF, APA, and now especially the Red Star people. I do not go about trashing anyone personally, or all people from those companies collectively, but on the whole, I've heard similar observations from other long time New Penn people. Most of us do come from other failed companies. It wasn't our fault those companies failed. Please try and leave those bad feelings behind and be proud and thankfull there are successful union outfits still around. I am not a "company man", but I am damned proud driving my green machine out there on the big road knowing that a hell of a lot of people wished they worked for a company as successfull as New Penn. Flame away if you wish, but the ones with bad attitudes surely know who they are.

after redstar closed i worked for newpenn i couldnt believe how comfortable these men were on the worng side of the window in tms office bad mouthing guys tring to make a living if that bubble ever breaks lookout

Not sure what terminal you worked at Owlpuss. I can't say it doesn't go on, but I'm not personally aware of any instance of people in the TM's office trashing other drivers. There are always going to be suck-ups regardless of employment status. That is a given. It's also been my observation that for the most part, there is a fairly respectable relationship here between management and employee. Perhaps that was a new paradigm for those coming from companies with a less than respectful atmosphere.

after redstar closed i worked for newpenn i couldnt believe how comfortable these men were on the worng side of the window in tms office bad mouthing guys tring to make a living if that bubble ever breaks lookout

you notice that too hmmmmm....let me tell you, i've been at NP for 5 years and i love the job. what i hate about it is that i got several senor guys constantly on the other side of the window chatting with the dispatchers about their runs or some other guys run, chatting witht the TM probably about a co-worker. and to top it off, we got a guy who is constantly in trouble that our own steward despises him, this guy has the direct number to our VP Bob. he uses Bob's # to explain to him first why he got into trouble again. like a fu*king baby ! what makes this so hilarious, he has this obsession with acting like an old school Italian guy when in reality he's just a bi*tch :hysterical:

and as far as Red Star guys bad-mouthing NP, i haven't experienced none of it. we got one former RS guy that loved working there but has no problems with NP now that he's here. over the years i've met former RS guys that work for NP in other barns and they pretty much like it. as for trashing equipment, that b*tch i spoke about in my last post is famous for that. what a loser.