ABF | PSE Coming to Chicago

jimk849

TB Lurker
Credits
Pse coming to Chicago on April 1st. Four tens Mon. thru Thurs. Is it a good deal? Anybody regret bidding on this job? How much $$$$$ ?
Thanks for any info.

How long are the runs?

One of our guys, who is close to the top of the list says that if you like nights, it will be the easiest work you can do...

Pse coming to Chicago on April 1st. Four tens Mon. thru Thurs. Is it a good deal? Anybody regret bidding on this job? How much $$$$$ ?
Thanks for any info.
Our two PSE Drivers here at 004 (Little Rock) both seem to like the job (especially the three weekend days off). As far as pay they are both making around $1150 to $1200 a week Mon. thru Thur. 7PM to 530AM.

Since I haven't worked for ABF very long, and since I haven't worked steady for several weeks. Can one of you ABFers tell this ABFer at 005 what PSE means? Thank You. That way I can be in the loop like everyone else.

Since I haven't worked for ABF very long, and since I haven't worked steady for several weeks. Can one of you ABFers tell this ABFer at 005 what PSE means? Thank You. That way I can be in the loop like everyone else.
PSE stands for Premium Service Employee also known as RPM or Regional Performance Model. PSE/RPM is designed to get ABF's foot in the door with the next day, two day, and three day regional service that has grown companies like Conway and Fed Ex freight to what they are today. This should get ABF extra business with existing customers as well as new customers now that we offer this service and it is my understanding that the customer does not pay anymore to get this service if the freight is shipped within the region that this service is offered. ABF projects that if we can get just 5% of this market system wide that it will grow our business by 70% which in turn means many more jobs to handle this business.

The PSE is taking work away road!
So far we have lost a 034 bid to the PSE.
We Don't have any opportunity to bid on any of the work So the city Board is taking our work away from us. I know the City wouldn't be happy if we took work away from them.
I LOVE more freight we would just like a shot at the work!

:soapbox: :Flame-On:

The PSE is taking work away road!
So far we have lost a 034 bid to the PSE.
We Don't have any opportunity to bid on any of the work So the city Board is taking our work away from us. I know the City wouldn't be happy if we took work away from them.
I LOVE more freight we would just like a shot at the work!

:soapbox: :Flame-On:
At 004 they are trying to work out the details on creating five meet and turn driving jobs that will create five new road jobs at 004 that ABF will be required to fill with new hires and they will be road bid only. The company wants to CONVERT two current lay down bids into Met and Turn runs and that is the snag that is holding up the process as the road and the union obviously do not want any of their current runs converted and I don't blame them. The PSE is supposed to create new work, not change existing work that we already have.

I would LOVE to be home every night or everyday for that matter.
Lots of road people like lay down work. If i never layed down again I would be fine. I like to see my family and sleep in my own bed thank you. The only problem I would see is if the meet and turn has LOW miles. I like long runs some guys don't. To each his own.
I wish 002 could do a meet and turn with 004 but that is just me. I wish 002 could do a meet and turn with 086, it would get the freight through faster and 002 wouldn't have to lay down on 315 miles.
I HOPE and PRAY some of the PSE work dose get to the road eventually.

We have these meet an turns with pse guys up in the northeast. These turns are ran with core freight. The problem with this is that road men are sitting at home while this is going on and I think this should be done with new work. We are not suppose to loose work on the road due the pse work.

Beware of PSE...they WILL take road work from your break bulk. Been going on at 042. The bottom 70 road drivers out of 130 on the Extra Board have been sitting and collecting Unemployment since 12/2006. Sometimes they get one - two trips per week. Get the Union to keep the company inline with the contract. PSE is NOT 'new' work.