ABF | pse question?

We have 3 PSE men at 002. One turns IND one turns Moline IL and one turns Springfield MO. We have a a grievence on all this for exceding 200 miles on the turns.

200 miles is the agreed upon one way limit
pse drivers have to return to their origin each day
as far as pse drivers at break bulks, i think that the city operation of any particular break bulk will provide the pse capability

mileage

It hasn't been that long ago that the average mileage per dispatch for road drivers hovered around 450. With the 11 hr rule these #'s are going up, some to almost ridiculous levels. It's going to be harder to get any home time if things stay status quo. A weeks work, 6 dipatches before ATO, could eventually take more than a week because of 70hr rule in a funfilled 2 week period. Considering past mileage figures for OTR and the fact that PSE's do dock & yard work, 200 one way should be more than enough. I think it's good that the guys at Local 600 have a grip on the situation at hand and are standing up for work that might be classified as theirs. I'm sure there are a few things going on that are not being policed and will set precedence for change as "past practice". Remember, you are a Teamster that has rights and a good contract.I have a strong feeling there will be a strong push to have work classification rules muddied in the next contract.

It hasn't been that long ago that the average mileage per dispatch for road drivers hovered around 450. With the 11 hr rule these #'s are going up, some to almost ridiculous levels. It's going to be harder to get any home time if things stay status quo. A weeks work, 6 dipatches before ATO, could eventually take more than a week because of 70hr rule in a funfilled 2 week period. Considering past mileage figures for OTR and the fact that PSE's do dock & yard work, 200 one way should be more than enough. I think it's good that the guys at Local 600 have a grip on the situation at hand and are standing up for work that might be classified as theirs. I'm sure there are a few things going on that are not being policed and will set precedence for change as "past practice". Remember, you are a Teamster that has rights and a good contract.I have a strong feeling there will be a strong push to have work classification rules muddied in the next contract.
I agree with you about the long runs but I can't make any money at 75% unless I take the longest runs. I HATE 75%!
:censored2: :ranting2: :hissyfit:

75% Pay

The freight companies have difficulty attracting desirable employees because of the 75% starting pay. If they were smart they would pay 85% or more starting pay. Management constantly complains about the lack of qualified applicants. It doesn't take the IQ of Einstein to figure out the problem.
As for the shop, mechanics can work at truck dealerships & have better income & not have to work nights & weekends. Recently a good one was aprooved but decided to stay at his current job because of the night shift.

Here at 004 we just started the PSE with two Next Day Exchange Points and already the company is wanting to change our agreement. They don't have a problem with the PSE jobs being bid every April and October like our supplement states, but they are now wanting us to agree that once the jobs are filled that the winning bidders must stay on the job for the full six months without being able to bid off of it even if a different job is put up for bid (dock, hostle, or city) and their seniority would allow them to hold it. They also want these bids frozen for the full six months so that they cannot be bumped off of these jobs even by a senior employee that may have been bumped off of the job he was holding. We feel that this violates our seniority as we do not have separate boards here at 004. Our dock, city, hostle, and now PSE are all bid from the same board.

I hate to ask this, but, What is a PSE Driver?

The PSE driver is a Premium Service Employee. This was a new job category created in the last NMFA giving the companies increased flexibility to open up next day and second day markets.