ABF | PSE, RPM or whatever youcall it.

Teamster Hitman

TB Lurker
Credits
My 2 cents worth, Premium Service was written into the contract to allow carriers to go for new business, not to rearrange existing business and break down our classifications of work. I think it's a fancy way to undermine our contract. Then you get these stupid :butt kiss: drivers who buy in to this and think it good for the company.
Hello, "Anyone home" of course it's good for the company.
Then the same JACKASS comes to me *****ing because the PSE driver is working and he is on call and not getting in everyday and he has more seniority. The Only thing you win grievances on today is seniority. When you allow them to mess with "SENIORITY" it's the beginning of the end. The word for today is "SUBTERFUGE" if you don't know what it means take a minute and look it up. What's in your wallet? We know what's in Bob Davisons wallet. Love you guys who have Teamsters in your screen names. Proud to be a Teamster!!!!!!
Times Record
Teamster Hitman

I agree but the members had no vote on this.what was the union thinking of. what next maybe expanding making road board do city work or take milage pay away from them and put them on the clock. whow what a pay cut!!!

I agree but the members had no vote on this.what was the union thinking of. what next maybe expanding making road board do city work or take milage pay away from them and put them on the clock. whow what a pay cut!!!

Pipe layer, This is not what we voted on.

As Teamster Hitman mentioned, the original intent of the PSE language was to create new business. The PSE is not supposed to be used for existing language.

what can we do to change this. once the company was alllowed to start it was sealed in stone also we are hauling old buisiness out of 060 going to columbus,ohio with pse drivers

How many customers are going to pay ABF rates for their nextday freight to arrive in 2 or 3 days? I'd say not many. So if there is no PSE, then there is no regional freight. How big would the layoff list be then? If a guy on the bottom of the list passes on signing the PSE bid, and someone below him takes it, then what does he expect?

Dockman027

Dear Dockman027,

I assume you are a Teamster. My manager told me ABF doesn't charge extra for this service. They aren't creating new jobs they adjust manpower by tonnage. They are cutting hours at breakbulks and shifting the work elsewhere. My PSE driver missed two days do to the bad weather and they told him he wasn't getting paid do to an act of god. What about his 40 hour guarantee. If you envoke an act of God, That means the companys shut down. The city operation worked on those days. And they are putting Core bussiness on PSE and cutting in to our Roadmen and Break bulk Dockmen. We gave them a foot now they are taking yards. So much for flexability. Final thought If you were around duing the strike, They purposed that 27% of all Dock hrs be done by partime labor with a 3 hour guarentee at $ 9.50 an hr. Yes Dockman027 that's you. Hers's a company with record breaking profits, When is enough enough. I never heard of a part-time mortgage payment or car payment. can you survive on $28.50 a day. Maybe we can get them Mexican landscappers on those docks so Bob D bonuses can go back up to over a $$ MILLION BUCKS like last year.
Times Record
If we don't hang together they will hang you individually. Teamster Hitman:1036316054:

Pse Work

Dear Dockman027,

I a'm not harping on you. I Know in life it's easy to tare something down and hard to be up building. Make no mistake about it. I a'm very greatful to ABF for 20 plus years of employment. Ive always been proud to drive that green and yellow truck. I think Robert Y III was the best president ever. He always praised his workers and constantly reminded us that we our the best in the business. I miss that man. Since Bob D took over and he's always throwing Non union stuff in our face and harping about the pension all the time. I never thought I would ever say this but I don't care anymore. I lost that sparkle. That's how I feel. Sorry T.H

I am also a 20 year plus employee and I will tell you abf change when they fought off the hostel takeover and It was the employees that saved the company. After that we were run by a board of directors not by Robert A Y.You are nothing but a number and you no what I mean I have to enter it every day into my browser.I am also a reject from mason-dixon,transcon,and P.I.E. and sometimes I wonder how ABF survived and they did not. just get hurt one time and see what abf thinks of you. dogs are treated more humanly. I was called into the office and terminal manager said they had $350,000.00 invested in me and I said if you do why do you keep f........ with me. so if you give them and inch they will not only take a mile but they will make sure they run over you to.

Hitman,
I guess you missed my point. 042 is not loosing any regional freight generated out of Albany because we wouldn't have it at all if it didn't go PSE. Simple as that. Two or three guys less on the list is the way our local looks at it. We wouldn't be picking up for Ma, Ct, RI, NH, Me, NJ because we couldn't compete.

We may not charge extra, but we aren't doing pallet rates like the non-union competition.

If a nightly PSE run is canceled the guy works the dock. Should be the same for you.

As far as the part-time work, that was something dreamed up by Yellow and Roadway years ago for their satillite terminals. It got shot down and they closed up all the satillite terminals. The big terminals got bigger and the vacation lists got better.

You better hope Bob D keeps this ship afloat, because I'd hate to see you have to go into landscaping.

PSE or RPM

Here in Texas they are putting anything on the truck that goes to the other relay points that come into Shreveport. I have not seen anyone pay for premium service.

Our driver goes on duty at 6:45 pm and runs Monday through Thursday nights on a 4 ten hour bid. It is usually taking him 12 to 14 hours. Our driver has been running through Dallas a lot of the time doing their work for them and they do not send their driver.

As far as the part-time work, that was something dreamed up by Yellow and Roadway years ago for their satillite terminals. It got shot down and they closed up all the satillite terminals.
Dock,
The part time proposal of 1994 was for the break terminals......maybe they had some idea about using it for the satellites too but it was much more a breakbulk thing.....have a bunch of part timers come in just as the P&D guys came off the street so there would be plenty of manpower to break the pickups and load them out quickly.

Also, the closing of satellite terminals you describe went like this.......take 3 or 4 satellite terminals fairly close to each other and make 1 big satellite so that they would have enough freight to load direct to other terminals rather than load it all to the breaks for re-distribution. A perfect example of this happened in central Missouri......Close Moberly, Jefferson City and Sedalia and bring them into Columbia. Now Columbia has 600+ bills a night and can load many direct points.

it's interesting to see you guys failed to acknowledge one very important stipulation regarding pse bids
for each pse bid posted the company has to have in place a new hire for each bid posted
my terminal has already hired 3 guys and added them to the list
that is a good thing
the other thing that has developed out of the pse change has been the realignment of linehaul
for example
winston freight destined for the ny nj area used to go to carlise pa but now goes to avenel nj which has become a relay point
that freight does not hit the avenel dock at all
drivers from the surrounding terminals go to avenel with the winston freight their terminals generated and do a swap

these are what i refer to expedited line haul moves that abf requested in the original pse change of op
the union obviously gave it to the company but with one stipulation
these moves were to be done by a pse driver
why you may ask?
because by posting a bid the company has to hire a new driver
they got something we got something
simple tradeoff
this is the area of the pse deal that is most dangerous for linehaul drivers
they will lose some work for sure
they may gain however in other areas such as the newly created meet and greets that were not there before
we'll all see how this shakes out eventually
hopefully both sides benefit

one more thing guys
its up to all of us to police the rules associated with pse work
eg the 200 mile one way limit
protecting core work and core jobs by not crossing the line
etc etc etc
the ball is in our court as the company will test the workers in this area to the max
you know it and they know it
it is up to us
the hardest part is the different work rules each area has and how that factor fits in

Big Steve u da man

In your last post, Very important monitor the freight. They are putting tons of core work and by passing the bulks. We are not seeing any new customers. Tons off layoffs all over the country just read some of these post. But them PSE men are still working. Some people say yea they are hiring and creating new jobs. And laying people off else where.
You can't put 2&2 together if it's happening at other terminals.

T.H:nutkick: :nutkick:

remember the union approved the change wheras the breaks are bypassed
carlisle definitly took a hit as now all of new england is considered pse freight
some of it old freight (core) some of it new which is now in reality true pse freight

get ready for the next bypass from the chicago area, its coming boys