XPO | PTO and Points

Nymama27

TB Lurker
Credits
Can someone explain to me pto time and points because I’m lost on how you call in get a point they take your pto or if there isn’t enough work take your pto and then pull your vacation without even telling you, calling you on your sch Monday start of vacation without any prior heads up and giving you a point if you don’t come back from your vacation that day. Example Monday is your start of your vacation off for the week, work line haul and TM calls at 3pm and leaves a message on that Monday saying you only have 20 hours of PTO so call back to be told what days you will be allowed off. If you don’t call or show up, you will be marked as a no call no show, or if you don’t come in you will be given a point.

The company has the ability to now is your earned PTO for any absence you may have.
If you are on STD or FMLA, they can pretty much take whatever you have stored in the bank if you are off. If you come in late or leave early, the can take how many hours necessary to equal an 8 hour day. I heard that if you don't have enough hours for a complete week, you will not be able to hold it will be in effect soon. First time I've heard them making someone come in during to a lack of time and of course on the days THEY choose.
I wonder what happens when you have a scheduled vacation trip that's paid for and then say you are off for injury, they eat your time and then tell you that you can't have your next week off?

The company has the ability to now is your earned PTO for any absence you may have.
If you are on STD or FMLA, they can pretty much take whatever you have stored in the bank if you are off. If you come in late or leave early, the can take how many hours necessary to equal an 8 hour day. I heard that if you don't have enough hours for a complete week, you will not be able to hold it will be in effect soon. First time I've heard them making someone come in during to a lack of time and of course on the days THEY choose.
I wonder what happens when you have a scheduled vacation trip that's paid for and then say you are off for injury, they eat your time and then tell you that you can't have your next week off?

So it’s basically coming down to you can’t have none of your vacations if you sit bc not enough work or call in get a point they take your PTO. What is even more crazy is that they didn’t say anything about not being able to take my vacation until later in the afternoon as I was already driving out of state on my scheduled vacation week to tell me i needed to come back and since i wasn’t able to make it in that night of my scheduled vacation they gave me a point. Why wouldn’t they say i couldn’t take it the week before and not on the start of my vacation. I’m glad I didn’t pay to go anywhere on a nice vacation

So it’s basically coming down to you can’t have none of your vacations if you sit bc not enough work or call in get a point they take your PTO. What is even more crazy is that they didn’t say anything about not being able to take my vacation until later in the afternoon as I was already driving out of state on my scheduled vacation week to tell me i needed to come back and since i wasn’t able to make it in that night of my scheduled vacation they gave me a point. Why wouldn’t they say i couldn’t take it the week before and not on the start of my vacation. I’m glad I didn’t pay to go anywhere on a nice vacation
That's really a shame that happened to you and I'm sorry that this occured.
This was what CW intended on 2009 when they went to the PTO system instead of the usual if you worked the required number of days the previous year you received the full allotment of vacation days for the next year plan. Under the vacation plan preceding 2009, the couldn't force you to take vacation time for being off sick, FMLA, etc. The PTO plan ensures that they can for you to use PTO for any absence of their choosing, all the way down to zero bank.
I also have heard (not factually) that company convenience days (CC's) will now be required to either use PTO or you will work. No more free days off.

This was what CW intended on 2009 when they went to the PTO system instead of the usual if you worked the required number of days the previous year you received the full allotment of vacation days for the next year plan. Under the vacation plan preceding 2009, the couldn't force you to take vacation time for being off sick, FMLA, etc. The PTO plan ensures that they can for you to use PTO for any absence of their choosing, all the way down to zero bank.
I also have heard (not factually) that company convenience days (CC's) will now be required to either use PTO or you will work. No more free days off.

Except FMLA. It's really important that if you or your family has an illness that you use the FMLA.

oNUgNIF.jpg

So if there's not work for everyone, somebody has to burn pto? I don't think that's going to work out.