XPO | PTO Policy Change

micshol

TB Lurker
Credits
Saw in an email today that effective Jan 1 all employees will have the ability to go negative 40 hours on PTO. Also effective Jan 1 if you go on leave of absence you wont accrue PTO time for the first 12 weeks.

No I was kind of curious about that myself. I think they did em pretty wrong on that. I don't think they're at all concerned with making operations management happy.
Simple operations management is not up against possible unioniazation . Every so called change or give they have made is to stave off unionization in the driver ranks. Dig into the changes they have made and theres always a take somwhere else. Will give you 70 mph increase but you must take added displine with it, will give you 1 week in the hole a year in pto but you will not accrue pto while on leave or disablity. Will make changes to improve insurance but some of them are government mandated changes anyway. Really your staying flat at best.
Any real positive changes should be applauded. The give with takes somwhere else are just disingenuous to make you feel that their making changes. You want to stave off unionization make real changes . Con-way did it for years and made money to boot. It can be done.
Stop treating the driver as If their dummies that can’t see through this. Hard honest work doesn’t happen in a board room it happens on the street. Reward and respect those who come in contact with your customers daily and make it happen and you will reap the rewards. Make no mistake about it that’s where the business is won and loss.

MAKE IT BETTER !!!

Last edited:
Any mention of the management ( FOS's , Terminal Managers , etc. ) and the use it or loose it deadline at the end of the year?

Every year a bunch of idiots with degrees walk out into the world looking to get paid for whatever they were supposed to have learned. The management market is flush with cheap and equal quality candidates. The driver market, not so much.

JKgu26O.jpg