PTO

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by boomer55, Dec 3, 2016.

1. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

If memory serves me correctly, There was a Driver that was forced to run while he was sick, he crashed and died. That was a costly way of someone showing their authority.

sucker666 and highspeeds like this.
  2. radman

radman moving and grooving

Years ago I got sick about half way through my trip, vomiting and diarrhea, real lightheaded and dizzy, a complete mess. FOM came out and got me and took me straight to my house and helped get me into the house. He of course is no longer with us and I don't think that kind of thing would happen today.

ben gibbard, highspeeds and icuicp like this.
  3. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

There is no acceptable excuse for doing something unsafely.

Ever end up in a meeting because you did something stupid. And tell them you were told to do it ? What do they say ?

How old are you ? How long have you been doing this ? What could some 20 something kid sitting at a computer, possibly have to say that would make you think that doing that was okay ?

You have to take things up the chain of command. They can't resolve issues if you aren't speaking up. You sure won't prove anything getting yourself killed.

trucknfool likes this.
  4. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Well-Known Member

You may not be able to see the attendance policy from the U.S. but it is on the website in black and white. You leave early, you get popped.

5. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Not up here.

6. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

This needs to go in the can we trust Canadians thread. This is a prime example of why we can not. Lol

7. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

I checked. We have a version of it. But our laws are so tight, it's impossible to fire someone over it.

smokin'joe likes this.
  8. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Well-Known Member

Quite easy here.

ROUGHBOY likes this.
  9. Stand4afuture

Stand4afuture Active Member

Has anyone else seen the new PTO accumulation sheet?
    Seem's like XPO is bringing back the old Con-way accumulation.
    The last time i saw this sheet was in 2011 and if i remember correctly it read that after 25 you would max out at 6 week's.
    Now the new sheet read's 9 week's after 25 year's that's the was it was before 2009 right? Did they change it due to the threat of the union? Or was it something else..
    By the way, I'm not complaining about this. I think it's great they brought back the old amounts.

10. crossbow

crossbow New Member

Was never 9 weeks ,top out a 7 weeks I know because I'm there

11. vppforme

vppforme Member

maybe you read the part where it says 25+ year employees can BID up to 9 weeks In the vacation bid process (2weeks banked). Top vacation earning tier should still be 7weeks/yr.

I did a double take when I first read that too. Thought some folks were getting over 2 months off a year.

12. Stand4afuture

Stand4afuture Active Member

you're probably right. I didn't get to read the whole thing. I only glanced at it. But this is why we should get a copy of this kind of stuff. Being behind locked glass ,you don't really get to look at it carefully. I know if stand there and read it management will say i'm stealing time. There's 4 or 5 sheets to read.