XPO | PTO

We are only allowed 3 drivers combined line haul and city on any given day to be off .It really has more constraints to who can have off than anything. I always felt we should allow part time drivers to fill in these time periods during heavy demand. There has to be people that want only to drive part time. If the works not there than they don't work.
Under our Union rules the company agreed to allow 1 vacation slot for every 10 people on the city board. If we have 80 on the board, we have 8 slots. Those slots are bid in march for the calendar year starting April 1. Any time wanting off for a week after that provided 1 of those slots are vacant is done by time clock stamp. If 20 people want off that week & you have the oldest time stamp request it is now you vacation slot. There were problems caused by management with this program until everyone started copying their request. Problem solved.

The only run they cut out was Richmond. We will no longer run that out of here. They made these cuts before over the years and they brought them back. The Richmond will be Run into Hagerstown and delay freight a day possibly. We have a problem with very late arrivals delaying are inbound.
We will have the same amount of runs.
As for this being retaliatory I don't see it as that. If for some reason it comes to light that it was we will deal with that.
We are so operationally challenged and overwhelmed right now and the customers are suffering because of it. We are hoping they can get this place better managed soon. The drivers as always are keeping the ship afloat through their hard work.
You dont draw a line.. its called seniority nobody felt sorry for me when I couldnt get a prime vacation these newer guys expect to much. i wonder how they would act with a dash fan for air cond, no power steering, spring ride
They would go where they are treated better if they were smart!

I don't. We get a lot more PTO than other LTLs- so they can cut it for new hires and no one loses anything. On the other hand, if they took PTO away from the veteran employees it would bring all of the paranoia and suspicion that they've been trying to knock down rushing back all at once. And yes, it would probably push some barns toward those guys on the corner. Not worth it.

Freezing current terms is all well and good until it's no longer as good as what the rest of us are getting. No telling what might happen in the next 5 or 10 or more years.

I think that's going too far- PTO is one of the things that keeps people around, and what good is it if all you get is the third week in February or some other useless date for 20 years?
I know that the current pto accrual rate has kept me here, in part, for over 22 years. In fact I'm hoping that the current rates won't change (be downgraded) come this Monday when corp rolls out the new policy on pto's. The only thing that our tm told us concerning the new pto package is that we will for the most part "Be pleased. We shall find out soon enough.

Seniority rules are supreme in a union shop. And used to some extent in non-union shops. AS a newbie there were some rules I didn't like because I was @ the bottom of the board. 17 years later I say 'Thank God for seniority. '
I'm number two at my barn and w/i a year probably going to be number 1.I'm up there in age and daily get jabs from junior drivers to "retire, quit, not return from vacation, give my notice, should not be working at your age, etc, etc , etc. Why all these not so subtle and rude hints to leave XPO Premises permanently? It's easy...they all can't wait till I'm gone so they can move up in seniority. But I keep telling them...:I'll retire when I'm good and ready, or I can't do the job any more or don't want to put up w/ it any more, not a day before that happens. SENIORITY does have it's perks and privileges...but one has got to put in the time to earn it!!! I've earned mine.

hQBY7jD.jpg

I know that the current pto accrual rate has kept me here, in part, for over 22 years. In fact I'm hoping that the current rates won't change (be downgraded) come this Monday when corp rolls out the new policy on pto's. The only thing that our tm told us concerning the new pto package is that we will for the most part "Be pleased. We shall find out soon enough.
I remember hearing last year after the buyout that us drivers were going to be "shown some love" by Brad Jacobs. I haven't seen it yet, have you? Personally, I'm starting to lose hope that this whole thing will end well. I wish I was in your shoes almost ready to retire.

I hope "IF" there is changes for the worst to our PTO policy I hope that everyone speaks up with their displeasure and not handle it like we did when we lost other benefits. I'm sure as in the past there will be some who give the company a pass on this and somehow justify the changes to themselves and others. We have proved to management in the past that we will take whatever they take from us with little grumble so no wonder they keep coming back to take more . We our a in demand commodity as class A CDL drivers and there is NO justification for us losing any more at this time while working for a profitable company and a CEO who is taking multi million dollar bonuses. If you haven't noticed the company is having a hard time attracting and retaining drivers so why are they still considering taking from us ?.... Because it easy.

Last edited:
I remember hearing last year after the buyout that us drivers were going to be "shown some love" by Brad Jacobs. I haven't seen it yet, have you? Personally, I'm starting to lose hope that this whole thing will end well. I wish I was in your shoes almost ready to retire.
Along the note of accrued time off, I was in my portal page yesterday looking at my time, maybe I'm wrong, I noticed a line that I do not remember, PSL, over my PTO line. Is that Paid or Personal Sick Leave? I think they have already added that in preparation for 2017. What say you?

Plus the rumor is coming from multiple sources that they are turning all trucks up to 70MPH, a RUMOR but it's even coming from shop guys and management, Monday they are announcing that Salaried Employees Only will be losing Vacation days according to a well placed source, anybody have meetings Monday? Mandatory?
I hope the salaried people don't loose vacation time. I personally want them to not get :crap: on.

Management ( at least on a local level ) sometimes forgets - but we are in the same boat. If the upper management/executives start taking earned and necessary things like vacation from them , then look out.

Plus , there's the jealousy factor - if drivers have it better than those that supervise and manage them , what type of environment do you think that will create? Petty , bitchy , whining , people giving out assignments and orders that think you don't deserve what you've earned and worked hard for.

I'm number two at my barn and w/i a year probably going to be number 1.I'm up there in age and daily get jabs from junior drivers to "retire, quit, not return from vacation, give my notice, should not be working at your age, etc, etc , etc. Why all these not so subtle and rude hints to leave XPO Premises permanently? It's easy...they all can't wait till I'm gone so they can move up in seniority. But I keep telling them...:I'll retire when I'm good and ready, or I can't do the job any more or don't want to put up w/ it any more, not a day before that happens. SENIORITY does have it's perks and privileges...but one has got to put in the time to earn it!!! I've earned mine.

If you are the grumpy old guy that complains about everything and goes out of your way to ruin things for everybody. Yeah, people are gonna suggest you go away.

If you are the happy old timer that looks out for every one and tries to share your past mistakes or misfortunes so that people don't have to experience them for themselves, those people are glad to have you stay.

It's your choice how people view you. And it's through your words and actions that people will choose or decide to respect you or not.

Curious. We haven't even heard rumors or mention of anything to better benefit drivers. Nothing.

Along the note of accrued time off, I was in my portal page yesterday looking at my time, maybe I'm wrong, I noticed a line that I do not remember, PSL, over my PTO line. Is that Paid or Personal Sick Leave? I think they have already added that in preparation for 2017. What say you?
I think it has to do with policy 437
Paid sick and safe leave