XPO | PTO

I'm just going to add on how much our PTO policy suck's.
So last year i called in to use some PTO time.Mind you i had over 185 hours.
So i called in 4 1/2 before my start time. I told this supervisor i need a PTO because i have some personal stuff to take off.
His response to me was. You take PTO when your sick or Your schedule for it. So i though Policy was if you have PTO you can take it any time you want no questions asked. But i guess i was wrong.
But anyways i tell the supervisor ok then i'm sick i don't feel good. He said ok well that PSL..
So to me what ever they want to call it. They're saying fck you and your PTO. We're going to work the system and give you a hard time to take a day off.
Again this is just my Opinion and i'm just a 3rd rate citizen in this company. So i guess we have to follow what ever fit's their policy.

You're confusing short term disability and FMLA.

You never run out of FMLA. It's doctor approved.

You can run out of short term disability. Gotta make sure you come back for at least light duty. Show yourself on the payroll.

I'm not a lawyer or an expert. I don't understand why there is a difference. But there is.

Fmla only protects your job for 12 weeks per year. https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/benefits-leave/fmla

So i called in 4 1/2 before my start time. I told this supervisor i need a PTO because i have some personal stuff to take off.
His response to me was. You take PTO when your sick or Your schedule for it. So i though Policy was if you have PTO you can take it any time you want no questions asked. But i guess i was wrong.
But anyways i tell the supervisor ok then i'm sick i don't feel good. He said ok well that PSL..
So to me what ever they want to call it. They're saying fck you and your PTO. We're going to work the system and give you a hard time to take a day off.
Again this is just my Opinion and i'm just a 3rd rate citizen in this company. So i guess we have to follow what ever fit's their policy.

It never made sense to me that if you were sick and had a doctor's excuse, if the vacation calendar was full for the day you still got an attendance point. How dare you be sick and inconvenience us, you don't have a life outside of work! Another thing that didn't make sense was that if you needed a day off but had no PTO you couldn't take an unpaid day off. You'd think they would be all about not paying someone for doing nothing!

That's interesting. How do they use so much of it then ? Curious.

Two surgeries 3 months apart and radiation. Bam 12 weeks gone just like that. Use it up with XPO and you're fired. Friend had that happen. Didn't get fired just was told if she used it up according to the new owner you're gone. She went back two weeks early in case she needed off for something relating to surgery. **** the fact you have cancer and a legitimate excuse while others are using it for stupid excuses.

So to me what ever they want to call it. They're saying fck you and your PTO. We're going to work the system and give you a hard time to take a day off. Again this is just my Opinion and I’m just a 3rd rate citizen in this company. So I guess we have to follow whatever fits their policy.

Not only have you learned the rules of the game, you have learned how to apply them. Great job. They fib to you a lot, so why not you fib to them. Or another way to go about life is, 'Do unto them as they have done unto you’. So the company wants you to use a word that is an adjective instead of a noun to properly mark off sick, or absent, or not present, or unaccounted for? With your outfit what are the proper words to mark off for a funeral? I just figured out why trucking companies fail. Management is too busy correcting the employee’s grammar resulting in no one @ the Helm of the ship to guide it. And here I thought it was rates. Von.

FMLA is 12 weeks only per year. It does run out.

The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. It also requires that their group health benefits be maintained during the leave.

XPO will fire you after you use your FMLA up. Ask.

At my location , we've had drivers off longer than 12 weeks but it's short term disability.

My question is: At current union shops ( at any company ) do you get more of any FMLA or short term disability? I vaguely remember talking to union drivers and have them say it's basically the same.

At my location , we've had drivers off longer than 12 weeks but it's short term disability.

My question is: At current union shops ( at any company ) do you get more of any FMLA or short term disability? I vaguely remember talking to union drivers and have them say it's basically the same.

An ABF employee (union operation) was off for 5 months & 28 days. Got returned to work letter from doctor. Re-passed company physical. 2 weeks later he went back on short term leave, had a second operation, and came back 2 months later & he is doing ok. ALL the time off was covered by Central States Health & Welfare short term insurance policy. 298.00 per week first 13 weeks then 322.00 per week. He did not take FMLA. Was not required to. The key here was after 6 months he lost his short term coverage. He then would have had no income & would still be on the seniority board. If & when he came back he would bump back in with his seniority. He could have taken FMLA & then gone on short term, but why burn your bridge when he had other options? As all of us in this industry age, it is important to learn what FMLA is & how to use it. Union or not, when properly signed up for FMLA & still in effect the employers do not want to mess with you. It is a large monetary fine & gives you a valid reason to file a lawsuit using the EEOC as your lawyer. Learn FMLA, use FMLA. Copy everything, start a file folder. Record conversations with management. It might save your job one day. Another reason I am pro union is I retired on a medical & used the last 6 months of employment to finish out. Without that 322 each week we would have been hurting. And thanks to a good CBA my family medical did not cost me anything while I was working or on short term disability. Go Union. Good luck icuicp.

Policy is to call at least four hours before your shift. Your sick. Period. Why is none of their business.

Policy is to call at least four hours before your shift. Your sick. Period. Why is none of their business.

And with running like we do. You gotta be able to call off an hour after you lay down or earlier. Might as well tell them before you even go home. And then if you wake up and are sicker than ::shit::. You have followed their rules and gotten the night off. If they threaten that they can't give you the night off then you tell them you aren't going home. Your going directly to urgent care. If you wake up and feel better, then you can always call in and say you feel much better and wish to work. One more example of the ridiculous, backwards Con-way ignorance that XPO needs to remedy.

And unfortunately in my experience even if you do that, and bring a doctor's excuse, if the vacation calendar is full, you still get attendance points for it.

Which needs to addressed. Call Ann Harbor. Bitch them out. How can you expect me behind the wheel when I am unfit to drive ? If they insist that you will be reprimanded for doing the right thing, then you need to report them to the DOT. You got a doctors note. You weren't well. And they wanted to force you behind the wheel. CSA scores. The new world we live in. This ::shit:: won't fly for very long. Again. Con-way operated in a different world. The new era is far more complex. E-logs, rules and regulations, cameras everywhere. It's not yesteryear any more. A few phone calls can yield incredible results.

Which needs to addressed. Call Ann Harbor. Bitch them out. How can you expect me behind the wheel when I am unfit to drive ? If they insist that you will be reprimanded for doing the right thing, then you need to report them to the DOT. You got a doctors note. You weren't well. And they wanted to force you behind the wheel. CSA scores. The new world we live in. This :::shit::: won't fly for very long. Again. Con-way operated in a different world. The new era is far more complex. E-logs, rules and regulations, cameras everywhere. It's not yesteryear any more. A few phone calls can yield incredible results.

Well this was yesteryear, took it up with my regional HR manager, he said it was company policy.

Which needs to addressed. Call Ann Harbor. Bitch them out. How can you expect me behind the wheel when I am unfit to drive ? If they insist that you will be reprimanded for doing the right thing, then you need to report them to the DOT. You got a doctors note. You weren't well. And they wanted to force you behind the wheel. CSA scores. The new world we live in. This :::shit::: won't fly for very long. Again. Con-way operated in a different world. The new era is far more complex. E-logs, rules and regulations, cameras everywhere. It's not yesteryear any more. A few phone calls can yield incredible results.
I took my lunch in the city and went to urgent Care and got a doctor's note in the middle of the shift because of the way the management was talking when I told I didn't feel right. We were slow with drivers struggling to find something to do ( yet nobody wanted to let me leave )

I just came in to work because of our stupid attendance policy. But with the way the policy is enforced encourages people to come in sick and not at 100%

Also curious for city drivers : Is one minute late the same amount of points as one hour late? If so , why come to work a minute late? Turn around and go eat a nice breakfast , read the paper , have your wife "hook it up" , then go to work.

In all my years here, have no idea what this attendance point thing is. In fact, came into work, wasn't feeling right. Fos told me to go to hospital, your not safe to drive. "It's only freight" is what he said. Your local management blows hard if they are treating you guys like that.