Pulling doubles?

Naaa. Just don't get in a rush, develope a syytem, and do it that way every single time.

Good luck with your new job.

Thanks for the info. I have been pulling a tanker the last 8 years. Oilfield pays great but ready for a change. I hear US Foods is a good company to work for. Just gotta figure out them doubles.

US foods is decent. Idk about there tho. Having a shuttle gig there would be awesome and a great job. Doubles are easy. Just take your time and like stoney said. Develop a routine and always do it that way.

Thanks for the replies. I took the job. Gotta go to OKC for 4 days of orientation Monday.

OKC! Sweet, if I go back to shuttle, and I might, we just may run across each other, I'm out of Tulsa, but on the first run they send us to Ardmore, weatherford, Perry, ect., not always but sometimes, last summer on shuttle I saw tons of US Foods Shuttle drivers!

Congrats on the job. Shuttle is the way to go in Food
service but I enjoy working days.

GT why you going back on shuttle?

Congrats on the job. Shuttle is the way to go in Food
service but I enjoy working days.

GT why you going back on shuttle?

I'm just thinking about it Money, I'm sick of getting letters and dealing with the incompetence of the loaders, selectors, Mgmt., on shuttle, I never got my ass chewed, I just ride and guide, nights suck but I made a ****load more on shuttle than I do on delivery after they butchered our incentive, if I get to many hours, they cut my thursday, shuttle always gets more hours, its expected.

and where ever the front one goes the kite will follow and if you should happen to fall off the shoulder DON'T YANK IT BACK ease back onto the highway and you should do just fine.

I worked at US Foods for 9yrs. Greatest job I ever had as a Supervisor for the Philly branch in Bridgeport N.J. Now I am a Truck driver for FedEx Freight. I pulled doubles both back east and west, and triples out west. Pulling doubles is no big thing, just develop a system of hooking, dropping, and leave more space in front of you the same every day, and go a little slower on and off those exits (off ramps) Trust me, when I first pulled doubles, it was a little challenging, but you will get use to it quickly. Then when I moved out west, I pulled triples, looked in my mirrors and was amazed of the length and how they wiggle back and forth. You get use to them to. Just make sure you do a pre-trip thoroughly, check the fifth wheel with a flashlight, and do you air-brake check for air-line leaks. And watch your hands and fingers with those dollies (gears) while hooking up. You don't want to lose a finger or a hand. Use the smith system, get the proper rest, eat good, and stay alert. US Foods pays really well too. Good luck.