Yellow | Pulling Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are retired I would REALLY like to see a post from someone who HAS a 3 million mile tractor who was ORDERED to remove their radio. It was ALWAYS Roadway policy that P&D drivers could NOT have AM/FM radios in their trucks. Also I fail to see what the heritage of management has to do with this. Keep in mind that the two ****oles making the important decisions are $bill and Mike S. who NEVER worked for Roadway, Roadway Services, or Roadway Corp.:popcorn:

Very nice post ! Maybe if you and your "friends" would remember that this is NOW YRC everything would run more smooth over here on the boards !
Maybe someone should tell the surviving company that its a new company called YRC and that they should get off the old style of laying for it's employees maybe things will start to run more smoothly.:poster_oops:

We Rdwy guys have tried many times to point out Mike S was a Yellow man untill Rdwy was purchased. For some reason it keeps getting lost in the shuffle. :popcorn:

Since you are retired I would REALLY like to see a post from someone who HAS a 3 million mile tractor who was ORDERED to remove their radio. It was ALWAYS Roadway policy that P&D drivers could NOT have AM/FM radios in their trucks. Also I fail to see what the heritage of management has to do with this. Keep in mind that the two ****oles making the important decisions are $bill and Mike S. who NEVER worked for Roadway, Roadway Services, or Roadway Corp.:popcorn:
Let me get this right ,your saying that Mike S. never worked for the big R ?

Let me get this right ,your saying that Mike S. never worked for the big R ?

Beginning in June 2000, he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer for Yellow Transportation, responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the North America service facilities network and international transportation system. Smid joined the company in 1985, and has worked in a wide variety of management capacities, including Senior Vice President - Operations; Group Vice President; Director of Operations; Regional Management; Distribution Center Manager; and Sales and Branch Management. ..............

http://www.yrcw.com/about/gallery/executives/msmid/msmid.pdf

He came to Roadway AFTER Yellow bought then then took over YRC after the merger . He never worked for Roadway before that .

And let me say one more time. Dan M, area VP always got off on making a deal out of radios. I think Memphis is his area...don' know for sure. His new boss probably has given free reign on this so that is why it has come to a head now. Someone closer to the strory may prove me wrong. He is and always was RDWY. You can be a Jerk no matter what company you came from. And if YRC wants Jerks...he will fit right in. :f0c36acc20df62e0610

Wow maybe just maybe this has happen

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

personally id like to thank all the 3million milers.i dont think i wouldve gave them their own personal truck.i wouldve had magnetic placard signs made up with their milage milestones and names.then when they are dispatched they can place their magnetic placard on the door.i have one made up for my 500 mile safedriving milestone

All these companies are PsOS! I really believe they sit around having a pow-wow trying to come up with stupid ideas to screw with everybody. I remember before the best contract ever put a/c in new city cab purchases, the abf driver got assigned a road unit and after a few weeks the stank tm went out and cut the fan belt. So the driver stopped and bought a new one and put it on and the stank tm went out and cut that one off too. They finally fired the piece of crap a couple of monthes ago, the tm, for, well, what do they usually find on them!

You know what cracks me up is this threads is called " Pulling Radios" and so far no one has verified that this even happen .:hide:

I have a 3 million mile tractor. I was called into office of relay manager along with the garage manager. 1 from yellow the other from roadway. Said although they didn't agree with it i had to take my cd player which i paid best buy to install out of truck. Asked who came up with that idea with all the other problems this company has. Was told order came from K.C. Said I didn't know how to remove it. Garage mgr said if I showed his mechanic what needed to come out they would do it. Told them when given trac. was told i could put it in there. Long story short went on vacation for 2 wks radio was stlll in truck. 3 wks later came in to run a trip and radio sirius receiver and antenna were in a box on cab floor. guess i'm out a hundred bucks and some as****e in kc is happy. I'm glad to see that the yellow bros got their trucks. To bad they feel that men who have saved them a lot of money being a safe driver aren't worth a in dash radio.

Thanks for the update ! At least now we know as Paul Harvey used to say " The rest of the story " :1036316054:

I have a 3 million mile tractor. I was called into office of relay manager along with the garage manager. 1 from yellow the other from roadway. Said although they didn't agree with it i had to take my cd player which i paid best buy to install out of truck. Asked who came up with that idea with all the other problems this company has. Was told order came from K.C. Said I didn't know how to remove it. Garage mgr said if I showed his mechanic what needed to come out they would do it. Told them when given trac. was told i could put it in there. Long story short went on vacation for 2 wks radio was stlll in truck. 3 wks later came in to run a trip and radio sirius receiver and antenna were in a box on cab floor. guess i'm out a hundred bucks and some as****e in kc is happy. I'm glad to see that the yellow bros got their trucks. To bad they feel that men who have saved them a lot of money being a safe driver aren't worth a in dash radio.

I second the thank you on the info. I guess its the companies way of making ya like worken there .:mf_swordfight:

Keep thinking of retirement. It's a beautiful thing.

I think this is misplaced blame. The company should just say leave your radios in the truck at your own risk. I drove a three million miler truck the other day, the guy is a non-smoker (on vacation). Trash, cigar and cigarette ashes, pop spilled and just basically trashed. I imagine someone stole a radio from a truck and the guy got bent out of shape and blamed the company. They probably said we cant be responsible for this and so you have it. The three million milers should get a form together sign it saying no liability to the company for this and see if that flies. I would bet a paycheck some guy had to leave his truck at some other terminal and his radio was taken out of the truck. My thoughts!!!

Or someone else drove it and filed a grievance because the next truck didn't have a radio in it....................................

Does this pertain to radios that are portable ? I had a radio all the time I was with Yellow and I mean that was for decades and then some but I held mine down with a strap off an open top set on the chain box . Now that's how I did it but we had drivers that installed radios in the dash more professional than me. Nobody ever touched another guys radio . I guess that's the difference between the two companies Yellow wasn't the type that was always looken for was to go after its employees for petty reasons .

Or someone else drove it and filed a grievance because the next truck didn't have a radio in it....................................
I don't think so . It's just managements way of letting everyone know they have power over ya. Their the boss and your nothen . Strickley a power trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.