Yellow | Pulling Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed since working for Yellow (yes now YRC) whenever things start to go smoothly they have to screw with us. I think they have nothing to do but sit around and fig out things to **** us off.

Has it occurred to anyone it is probably a question of deniability? If there is no permanent radio and the driver gets into an accident, the company can claim innocence as they have no control over what is hooked up by the driver.

All this is, is a powertrip that a manager has on a certain driver, nothing more. Join the club, welcome to YRC.

I don't think so . It's just managements way of letting everyone know they have power over ya. Their the boss and your nothen . Strickley a power trip.

The only reason it came to mind, back when we started buying the used tractors I had a guy biothch to the TM every morning because so&so had a radio and he didn't after 2 weeks guess what came down the chain of command..........................

I think that they should take the R out of YRC and let the Y control things and things would run a lot smoother . With all the troubles this company has and the R part of YRC is worried about drivers with radio's . Its no wonder this company is in trouble with small minded men being aloud to run things. If they would use that stupid energy and turn it to smart energy this company would turn around real quick . It's obvious they are concerned with stupid things. Small minds big egos.:poster_stupid:

Ah, 3 Million milers EARN those trucks. 30+ years of getting your guts pounded out of you should be worth something. Actually, if you attain 1 Million miles, you should be assigned a unit. After riding around in some of the most disgusting pieces of equipment on the highway, BECAUSE of my fellow "brothers and sisters" whom are pure slobs and idiots, the least this company could do is assign a piece of equipment that you work with every day/night. If YRC had a brain, they could then track the vehicle on many facets and see who is trashing the equipment and who cares for it. Preston did it, Holland does it to this day. Their cost of operation and maintenance are minimal. The only problem is that there isn't enough equipment, they are running 2 to 1 on it. PS: Preston had radios installed in all their line tractors AM/FM/WB. Some nitwits would screw up their radio, trying to get another unit, but that didn't go far. They pulled the radio and sent you out. You waited for it to come back from repair, and if it was toast, too bad, no tunes.

IMO, who cares about a truck. Doesn't anyone think that a pension, better work environment, getting the laid off back to work, or the a wage increase is more important to get back than to have an assigned tractor? A 3 million miler is no better than a driver on the bottom of the board, except on seniority. If a 3 million miler wants his/her own truck, than he/she should retire and become a owner operator. All this is about, is allowing favoritism to carry over into YRC from a former company's curtousy. Besides, I couldn't find where it says that in the YRC work rules, or the article in the NMFA that a 3 million miler gets his/her truck, neither. Hmm, imagine that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so . It's just managements way of letting everyone know they have power over ya. Their the boss and your nothen . Strickley a power trip.
In my opinion......their power trip is a large part of why morale is in the shidder, and why we can't seem to grow. A happy employee is a good working employee. But, they can't seem to figure that out.

All these companies are PsOS! I really believe they sit around having a pow-wow trying to come up with stupid ideas to screw with everybody. I remember before the best contract ever put a/c in new city cab purchases, the abf driver got assigned a road unit and after a few weeks the stank tm went out and cut the fan belt. So the driver stopped and bought a new one and put it on and the stank tm went out and cut that one off too. They finally fired the piece of crap a couple of monthes ago, the tm, for, well, what do they usually find on them!

Now that guy is a pos! It takes a certain mentality to go out of your way to deprive a man of some comfort especially after the man spent his own money on the "repair."

I still don't believe that an entire company or entire union should be characterized as POS. If someone wants to POS company management or POS union leadership that's a different story. While I was working terminal managers, dispatchers and CEOs came and went; union leadership came and went: but the men remained; we were the company and we were the union.

Now that guy is a pos! It takes a certain mentality to go out of your way to deprive a man of some comfort especially after the man spent his own money on the "repair."

I still don't believe that an entire company or entire union should be characterized as POS. If someone wants to POS company management or POS union leadership that's a different story. While I was working terminal managers, dispatchers and CEOs came and went; union leadership came and went: but the men remained; we were the company and we were the union.
I think its nice to give an old time employee some recognition for years spent and yes some of what you say is correct but its still nice to be recognized .

I agree, that it is rewarding to get some recognition, but it isn't rewarding when half of the YRC/3 million milers, get a tractor and the others don't. They had that problem in Chicago, but it was fixed with a nice grievance. Do it for all the 3 millions milers at YRC, or don't do it at all.

Wow we have a mind reader on the boards . Now how did Pup know that Spaghetti would in fact be post number 55 ? How did he know before the fact ? Makes one wonder ! :busted:

I think its nice to give an old time employee some recognition for years spent and yes some of what you say is correct but its still nice to be recognized .

Sorry John / NYC , that post was indented for Spaghetti post#55.

I agree, that it is rewarding to get some recognition, but it isn't rewarding when half of the YRC/3 million milers, get a tractor and the others don't. They had that problem in Chicago, but it was fixed with a nice grievance. Do it for all the 3 millions milers at YRC, or don't do it at all.

I worked at Yellow. I am about 2 weeks from 2 million safe miles. The head safety guy told me I would be getting my own Tractor. I work in the city. I just wonder if they will bring in a decent truck or if they will put the 2 million miler sticker on the piece of crap I already drive???? Anybody know what they do???? It would be nice to **** OFF my terminal manager if he had to give me a nice truck!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha...... anybody know???
Thanks!

I will never figure out how a city man can get 2 million miles running around town.

The most I ever drove while on city peddles was maybe, just maybe 150 miles day

They use a formula. I don't know exactly what it is, but probably something like they give you 40 miles for every hour worked because obviously a city man would never reach 2 or 3 million actual miles driven. It is a reasonable way of handling it. Actually they do the same with yard jockeys.
I will never figure out how a city man can get 2 million miles running around town.

The most I ever drove while on city peddles was maybe, just maybe 150 miles day

Status
Not open for further replies.