FedEx Freight | purple koolaid drinkers

My union pension is $405.60 per 40 hours per week, that adds up to $21,091 per year. Without getting into a pissing contest can you please tell me what fedex contributes per year....
Our company pension is free, it doesn't cost the employees a dime.
The payout depends on different variables including age, years of service, and wages. These variables are used to calculate our payout for retirement.
Also, our pension plan has only been in existence for 6 years. I could give you the amount that FedEx contributed this year but that number will change next year, and the next, and the next due to the variables mentioned above.
How much do you contribute through pension dues, paycheck deductions, etc... if you contribute anything at all and how long have you contributed to your pension in order to come up with these numbers?

Well, let's see....
Biggest run from my yard makes $1800 a week. 55 to 60 hours a week. Junior man on the run has 23 years and is in his fifties, so I believe according to the formula, they contribute 7% of his pay to his pension, a whopping $119 per week.
But you must also realize that our pension plan has only been in existence for 6 years.
The biggest run from our house pays roughly 2,200-2,300 weekly. If you take a man who is on this run, that's ready to retire, say age of 63, and has 30 "pension" years in, you'll find his payout would be somewhere between $4K - $5K a month.

If you take the same driver your speaking of, only 6 of those 23 are pension years I believe.

Last edited:
But you must also realize that our pension plan has only been in existence for 6 years.
The biggest run from our house pays roughly 2,200-2,300 weekly. If you take a man who is on this run, that's ready to retire, say age of 63, and has 30 "pension" years in, you'll find his payout would be somewhere between $4K - $5K a month.

If you take the same driver your speaking of, only 6 of those 23 are pension years I believe.
This 23 year driver has seventeen years in the Viking pension which because it terminated early, will pay him $725 per month. His remaining seven years will accrue $43,000. I guess if he only lives another 2 years he could expect 4k per month. Now, can you supply the basis for your figures? What does our free plan start at for a new employee that is in his twenties? What will his wage levels be?
Do you have the numbers to justify your expected non Union pension?

Last edited:
Well, let's see....
Biggest run from my yard makes $1800 a week. 55 to 60 hours a week. Junior man on the run has 23 years and is in his fifties, so I believe according to the formula, they contribute 7% of his pay to his pension, a whopping $119 per week.
Ask GO40 is his employer contributes or matches any 401k monies.

This 23 year driver has seventeen years in the Viking pension which because it terminated early, will pay him $725 per month. His remaining seven years will accrue $43,000. I guess if he only lives another 12 years he could expect 4k per month. Now, can you supply the basis for your figures? What does our free plan start at for a new employee that is in his twenties? What will his wage levels be?
Do you have the numbers to justify your expected non Union pension?
There is a website provided by the company regarding our pension, you can log on anytime, plug in the numbers for the employee in question, and get the answers you're looking for.

neer said that
I gave actual
I gave you actual # you continue to run your mouth with no # I gave figures that are actual.... I don't have to explain myself again $21,000 a year into my pension....& that's not my 401k....research the 8 cities in Pa. That's the plan im under....don't come back with central sates b.s educate yourself ...before cocking off....

The payout depends on different variables including age, years of service, and wages. These variables are used to calculate our payout for retirement.
Also, our pension plan has only been in existence for 6 years. I could give you the amount that FedEx contributed this year but that number will change next year, and the next, and the next due to the variables mentioned above.
How much do you contribute through pension dues, paycheck deductions, etc... if you contribute anything at all and how long have you contributed to your pension in order to come up with these numbers?
Your kidding....right?

I wasn't aware that any bonus, wage increase, or increased bennies were "promised increases"! I was under the impression that no one is "promised" anything, including the above mention items, but rather awarded these things. I wasn't aware of any laws, federal or state, that says any company MUST provide an increase to anything, including bonuses, wages, or bennies!
Then why pray tell do they tell us every year about the bonus we could get if we meet certain numbers. Certainly sounds like a planned payout to me. Just have to figure out the final numbers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well, let's see....
Thanks for #s rc ....The non union crowd keeps posting without any facts or figures....besides the weekly contribution I get I also have $132,000 in a old pension plan called the rip, that cant be touched & goes up or down with the stock market....

I pay $58 a month union dues ,that covers top of the line health coverage & pension, same for everyone no matter how long your there. Different parts of the country have different plans, I can only speak for mine. 401k is through the union & they will match half of what you put in. I will give you a example of our health coverage, my daughter had scoliosis & needed surgery the bill was $263,000+ and it dident cost me a dime....These are actual facts & figures nothing fabricated....

Wait a minute.....you said "I would imagine that the company bonus would be negotiated in the contract to remain intact."
My response was....."Which means you wouldn't receive that bonus until a contract was ratified......correct?" to which you answered "incorrect."

Please explain to us/me how you plan to RECEIVE something that you "imagined" must be negotiated upon BEFORE it is negotiated upon?

Well, until such time as a "contract" is agreed to and ratified, all parties continue under the current agreement. That CURRENT agreement includes an annual bonus, if the criteria is reached. There IS a bonus system in place based on profitability. That bonus system will continue and cannot be selectively withheld. Could it be discontinued like the quarterly bonus was, across they board? Yes

As far a negotiating it into a new contract, it's not out of the realm of possibilities. In fact, FedEx would likely be quite happy to include performance based compensation into the mix.

Last edited:
There is a website provided by the company regarding our pension, you can log on anytime, plug in the numbers for the employee in question, and get the answers you're looking for.
Answers come to those that ask... :
In 12-13 years, age 65, with 35 years of continuous service...
THESE are ANNUAL NUMBERS. Divide by 12 to get monthly numbers. $4997/yr (current dollars) $6720/yr (future dollars)
From FedEx own site

pension_at_65.jpg

Awesome Plan!

Answers come to those that ask... :
In 12-13 years, age 65, with 35 years of continuous service...
THESE are ANNUAL NUMBERS. Divide by 12 to get monthly numbers. $4997/yr (current dollars) $6720/yr (future dollars)
From FedEx own site

pension_at_65.jpg

Awesome Plan!
Nice job swampratt, cant wait to see the spin they put on this....

Well, until such time as a "contract" is agreed to and ratified, all parties continue under the current agreement. That CURRENT agreement includes an annual bonus, if the criteria is reached. There IS a bonus system in place based on profitability. That bonus system will continue and cannot be selectively withheld. Could it be discontinued like the quarterly bonus was, across they board? Yes

As far a negotiating it into a new contract, it's not out of the realm of possibilities. In fact, FedEx would likely be quite happy to include performance based compensation into the mix.
I suggest you re-read my post #75 & #76...and GO40's response in post #78. Then you can re-read citydog's follow up question in post #79 and then re-read GO40's response to his question in post #92.
Since GO40 is a full fledged union member and you're not, I'll take his word over yours.

Just looking at your numbers in #95 and I just don't see living on $28.700 a year unless everything is paid for.
And you like open faced cat food Sammy's.
If Social Security falls apart then I believe a dumpster diving career may be in your future.
Just a note for you all
Retiree health insurance in the Western States Teamster Pension Fund is currently $600.00 per month per person out of your pocket.
Figure health insurance into your mix and you may want to find a cozy place under a bridge .
Good luck kiddies !!

I see. We (my friends and I) are considered "special" now. Just days ago we were being welcomed as part of the group as long as we "voted" accordingly.

Vote me what ever color you wish...the lion doesn't seek approval of the sheep.

Lol Just go drink some more white i mean purple kool-aid its all good driver.

I suggest you re-read my post #75 & #76...and GO40's response in post #78. Then you can re-read citydog's follow up question in post #79 and then re-read GO40's response to his question in post #92.
Since GO40 is a full fledged union member and you're not, I'll take his word over yours.
His reply seems to be in regard to pay and contracts in different regions, and NOT regarding established bonus criteria, withholding of which could be considered retaliation.

True, supplements are different in each region....
Again
So your saying that the supplements may also cover different wages for different cost of living areas.
[

yes.....

Different topic, entirely, Redracer. Try again...