R&L | Pushed to the limit....Customers pay the price...

My (__!__) is draggin' from the last couple of weeks. Slam a few guys with 15 or more deliveries and shove pickups up your (__!__) before your half empty...while some guys are sitting at home or starting way to late to service the customers. Not to mention the price hike in my area...has left us looking for freight some days. As for R+L hauling cheap freight...that's a joke. We are hauling what ever freight that is handed our way. I just wish management would get off the numbers game and get back to servicing the customer and worrying about customer numbers and not production numbers. Take care of the customers and everything will take care of itself in the end.

Exactly!!!! Its a numbers game, without regards to the customers....

Make the numbers look good, but the problem is, our customers are paying the price.....

You are exactly right, take care of our customers, and everything else will take care of itself...

I hear them talk about "our world class customer servive". We used to have world class customer servive, but since we are numbers driven now, and not customer driven, our customer service is in the garbage...

Our customers used to bragg on us, now they shake their head and wonder what has happened...

Every day, showing up late for pick-ups, because they want to leave drivers home, and make the numbers look good....

This is not the way to run a business....

The business used to run good when Mr Roberts ran it, because he understood that you take care of you customers and your drivers...

The bunch in there now, believes you take care of your numbers...

In my area of Vegas I run. FedEx has 6 trucks puilling trips. To R+L's 1. I get a full trailer everyday with over flo going on 1 or 2 late trucks. FedEx is on top of each other. My area of Vegas is small with alot of fright. Often I see Pups being dropped at new accounts. Taking up doors once open for docking. Now you have to wait for the only open door. I'm told many times are rate is to high to CA. that's why we gave it to others.

A year ago you couldnt ship a skid of 300 lbs from the east coast to Wilmington for $100.Now i pick up skids going from east coast to California for less than $110.00.So it seams to be the opposite to your rates .Are your rates more than $100 from LSV to California?For a class 50 around 300lbs.

No sure if it is

A year ago you couldnt ship a skid of 300 lbs from the east coast to Wilmington for $100.Now i pick up skids going from east coast to California for less than $110.00.So it seams to be the opposite to your rates .Are your rates more than $100 from LSV to California?For a class 50 around 300lbs.

For all. But most are over 100. We can not compete with the others to CA. LSV to Wash and OR are high. We lose out to Oak Harbor on one of the Accounts. They give us AZ and CA. But Wash and OR. We are over priced. If we could match Oak Harbor we get all the freight. But Then are sales guy has never gone in to see if he can get them the pricing. He has told me before Wash and OR a dead issue for Vegas.

For all. But most are over 100. We can not compete with the others to CA. LSV to Wash and OR are high. We lose out to Oak Harbor on one of the Accounts. They give us AZ and CA. But Wash and OR. We are over priced. If we could match Oak Harbor we get all the freight. But Then are sales guy has never gone in to see if he can get them the pricing. He has told me before Wash and OR a dead issue for Vegas.
but how can we pick up freight going 3000 miles for less than $100?

Who you talking about?

but how can we pick up freight going 3000 miles for less than $100?

I know on Wed one of are drivers tried to get freight going to Boston From FedEx. Called in the Quote. 1300. FedEX was 300. 100 a pallet. So the way I look at it is a doggy dog world.That is the LTL Biz

This is what happens when you put your freight on outside carriers!! I have been through this 2 times before with smaller companies. The management never gets it...there is a reason that those companies pay .32 cents and its because those drivers suck!! They need to put our teams back on NOW!!! This past week all the manifests for my trailers always had lots of business at risk wrote under the pro#...not good.
The "business at risk" simply means freight is from shipper that we will bend over backwards, pretty much haul for free, just to have their business. Such as Ashland Chemical. Thanks all you sales dept for all the added stress.

I know on Wed one of are drivers tried to get freight going to Boston From FedEx. Called in the Quote. 1300. FedEX was 300. 100 a pallet. So the way I look at it is a doggy dog world.That is the LTL Biz

300 bucks for Vegas to Boston.Why doesn't Fed Ex just do it for free.And everyone says we are low balling.

Management says they want an average of 12 stops per driver. They see how many bills for the work day then figure out how many drivers needed for that day. Then call some drivers to tell them take the day off. Funny how some drivers get only 4 stops therefore leaving other drivers to pick up that slack. Just my opinion, but wouldn't it make more sense to average it out on revenue for the bill count and not 12 stops per driver average? Anyway, been with company for quite some time and actually used to love my job. Not anymore. Like the earlier post read, pushed to the limit. Disappointing long time customers with late pickup arrival time and me doing the apologizing. I don't understand the push for more sales leads when we can't even take care of the customers we have. Not to mention who has time to get sales leads when being pushed so hard?

Quoted out yesterday 16.5 ft trailer,10G, MA to SC. we came in at $920. YRC $556. How do you compete with that? Too say we are low balling is not true. My terminal not missing any pickups or deliveries. Have not lost anyone to lay offs. Each terminal is different throughout our system. Rate to CA from Northeast high. Can't compete with Fedex. Drivers have no time for sales leads here. I don't even bother asking anymore.

Quoted out yesterday 16.5 ft trailer,10G, MA to SC. we came in at $920. YRC $556. How do you compete with that? Too say we are low balling is not true. My terminal not missing any pickups or deliveries. Have not lost anyone to lay offs. Each terminal is different throughout our system. Rate to CA from Northeast high. Can't compete with Fedex. Drivers have no time for sales leads here. I don't even bother asking anymore.

Same here,we were slammed today.End of month really hit us hard today.

Sales leads

LSV Sales guy needs help or he is BS ing us. Because Most of my sales leads are not followed up on. One account I was told they were going to redo the pricing. So they could get some of the freight Conway was getting. He wants to ship more with us. But it has been two + mo's. I gave up asking about it. I turn in blank signed Sale leads. :Fart:

Management says they want an average of 12 stops per driver. They see how many bills for the work day then figure out how many drivers needed for that day. Then call some drivers to tell them take the day off. Funny how some drivers get only 4 stops therefore leaving other drivers to pick up that slack. Just my opinion, but wouldn't it make more sense to average it out on revenue for the bill count and not 12 stops per driver average? Anyway, been with company for quite some time and actually used to love my job. Not anymore. Like the earlier post read, pushed to the limit. Disappointing long time customers with late pickup arrival time and me doing the apologizing. I don't understand the push for more sales leads when we can't even take care of the customers we have. Not to mention who has time to get sales leads when being pushed so hard?
Very true they leave city drivers at home and send linehaul guys out with volume stops. Why not bring the city guys in to run the volume and then they can help with the p/u's in the afternoon and not miss any p/u's???? Plus they can keep everyone working.

Very true they leave city drivers at home and send linehaul guys out with volume stops. Why not bring the city guys in to run the volume and then they can help with the p/u's in the afternoon and not miss any p/u's???? Plus they can keep everyone working.
Maybe the linehaul driver makes less $$ an hour than you. I've seen this happen first hand.

WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUE.It has been that way at A/f and now Fedex.Your company must be just like ours.4 slackers for every 10 drivers.Give a busy man work and he will get it done.I have taken a leak on many of tire and management has treated you like crap.I can't wait for a couple of more years to just get out of this business.We are the bread & butter of these companies, but also the BOTTOM of the Food Chain.Close all of them down and see what happens.