Central Transport | Put in an application for CT

Cheerio503

EVIL TWIN
Credits
Can anybody give me info for this company? I have recently put in app at this company. How long does it take for the app to go through? What is the pay scale(top pay) in the NorthWest?

It's different from terminal to terminal but normally pretty good and we are getting new 2014 tractors at terminals across the system. Did you get sent for a drug test and physical yet?

That something I don't like at Central is that you can be a linehaul driver breaking freight at a a/c (terminal where drivers meet to unload freight). You might be making 1 or 2 dollars less than everyone else all because they figure your home terminal pay or cost of living is lower than another terminal. Who determines THAT!!!!!! The equipment is horrible. I work in NC and all we have is tore up bokendown sterlings for tractors. I'm not going to mention the trailers....OMG. Weigh your options very carefully.

Make sure you read this forum completely. I worked there for 6 years and 2 different terminals and all 6 years were hell. Just do your research and make an informed decision.

The guy i was talking to said he topped out at $19.00 an hour.He says they start him at 500 am works some inbound then loads his peddle run which is on average 15 del. plus pickups.Then when he gets back at night he even gets to strip his own trailer,And he does this all for straight time pay and driving junky trucks!RUN LIKE HELL!!

I'm in Nashville and we top at 22 hour and are driving 2014 Freightliners. company just bought 100 that are on line now and they are taking 25 a month for the next year they are saying. Not sure what terminal you worked at but we seem to be just getting bigger and better.

I talked to some recruiter out of Warren. He told me I'll start at 16hr and top off at about 18hr. I guess it's a new pay scale. I've been driving since 1999 ; so I have the experience.

When I started in ltl trucking back in the seventies in Detroit, Central Transport was a Teamster represented company with Teamsters local 299. Jimmy Hoffa's old local. Even back then the rumors flew about Central Transport's owner and his ties to the Teamsters Union and Jimmy Hoffa's family.
I left Michigan in 1981. Next thing I hear about Central Transport is they went nonunion, almost overnight. Just a little bit of history about Central Transport.

When I started in ltl trucking back in the seventies in Detroit, Central Transport was a Teamster represented company with Teamsters local 299. Jimmy Hoffa's old local. Even back then the rumors flew about Central Transport's owner and his ties to the Teamsters Union and Jimmy Hoffa's family.
I left Michigan in 1981. Next thing I hear about Central Transport is they went nonunion, almost overnight. Just a little bit of history about Central Transport.

That's because they never found Hoffa's body.