XPO | Puzzling

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
I have been staying away from the boards lately. But, I have something on my mind. I know everybody wonders what direction the company is going. They don't want to spend any money, $1500 in tractor repairs has to get authorized. Why? control cost? This is trucking. The forklifts are not getting taken care of either. Since XPO has taken over, we as the employees have not heard one word from Jacobs. Not one peep. Why? I feel it is either they want to spend the least amount of money to get the stock price up, or to do the same to sell us off. Originally all they wanted was Menlo. The longer all this goes on the more I see morale go down the tubes. I feel right now we as employees and A company in a whole was better off as Con-Way.

I have been staying away from the boards lately. But, I have something on my mind. I know everybody wonders what direction the company is going. They don't want to spend any money, $1500 in tractor repairs has to get authorized. Why? control cost? This is trucking. The forklifts are not getting taken care of either. Since XPO has taken over, we as the employees have not heard one word from Jacobs. Not one peep. Why? I feel it is either they want to spend the least amount of money to get the stock price up, or to do the same to sell us off. Originally all they wanted was Menlo. The longer all this goes on the more I see morale go down the tubes. I feel right now we as employees and A company in a whole was better off as Con-Way.
It could be worse, UPS could buy you...

I bet if you went back in time and replaced XPO with YRC and you replaced Conway with Holland you could find the exact same post about seven or eight years ago.

Too late !!!

I voiced the same concerns. Scm's and regional people are just as frustrated. Apparently in two weeks we will get some information, and how the structure will change.

To add to your other points, the 1500 cap has been in effect for years. It it needs that much work, purchasing has to decide if there is enough life left in the unit to justify the expense.

Forklifts... That's been an issue as well. That's our rediculous procedures you have to go through to get anything fixed now; forklifts, doors, dock plates. Takes weeks if not months.

To add to your other points, the 1500 cap has been in effect for years. It it needs that much work, purchasing has to decide if there is enough life left in the unit to justify the expense.

Forklifts... That's been an issue as well. That's our rediculous procedures you have to go through to get anything fixed now; forklifts, doors, dock plates. Takes weeks if not months.
We have been waiting for light bulbs.... lol

No increase seen either, it does blow, and I thought I would never say this, but I miss con-way

How can you say that you miss Conway? I far as I'm concerned, Conway is what we still are. Think about it...we still have all of Conway's procedures, SWI's, SCM's, FOS people etc. Nothing's been re-branded... only given a XPO hat and a winter jacket. The only thing that I can see that has changed is our name for right now. XPO hasn't put any of Conway's philosophy and their way of doing things to bed, nor have they come up w/ any of their original ideas on how to run us. I get where you're coming from, maybe we will get some info from Mr. Jacobs or Mr. Brooks in a couple of weeks like UpNorth posted recently. I too wish that we would move forward w/ this transition...being stuck between what was and not being able to get to what will be is absolutely frustrating.

Anybody have the XPO ambassador truck show up at their place yet?

5SKGJtZ.jpg

My buddy did yesterday at NNC

4UINTdL.jpg

Mr.Jacobs in pink shirt. Sorry for pic sideways

jacobs is a carpetbagger going from terminal to terminal selling you lotions and potions while razzling and dazzling you. he's XPOs bob hope, sent to keep the troops entertained. don't be fooled with smoke and mirrors as your being handed XPO trinkets.

jacobs is a carpetbagger going from terminal to terminal selling you lotions and potions while razzling and dazzling you. he's XPOs bob hope, sent to keep the troops entertained. don't be fooled with smoke and mirrors as your being handed XPO trinkets.
in the photo i cant see any tables set up for the purchase of said lotions and potions where could they be