XPO | Puzzling

Heard another regional guy quit. Michigan area. So they say.

The higher ups know. And soon enough we will too. Don't get in a hurry.
I heard the same thing and from a reliable source, I imagine it's true. Do you think the higher ups are leaving because they don't like where XPO is going to take the company or because they fear they won't be able to push out some of the stupid crap they got away with as Con-way mgmt? Paul Lawrensen if I spelled his name right, quit a couple of months ago. I don't know what his official title was, but I know he was above a regional manager. I had the misfortune of meeting him and the first impression of him I got was that he was a dick. Maybe he quit because he thought the new policy wouldn't let him be dick anymore? I don't think we should assume that some in mngmt are leaving because they think bad things are coming down from the top when there are other reasons for leaving as well.

Last edited:
I heard the same thing and from a reliable source, I imagine it's true. Do you think the higher ups are leaving because they don't like where XPO is going to take the company or because they fear they won't be able to push out some of the stupid crap they got away with as Con-way mgmt?

Both, remember how a bunch jumped ship with Greg L and then even more trickled out right before the sale was announced ?

There's something brewing. But we already know that. So, we will see.

If XPO doesnt rid itself of the cancer that is middle management at conway then XPO will be XPO in name only.
The sum of the parts of conway is greater than the whole and there are many hardworking folks there. They need a rebirth, give the company some new life and Con-way can be more profitable than OD.
Give the frontline folks a reason to come to work and the change will be phenomenal.

Business is about people.

american shipper had article on the conference he was at in atlanta its on the navigator if you have access! says he wants to work with 3rd party logistics companys to get us more freight

Great... I'll check it out.
Sometimes I prefer asking questions they can't answer so they stop trolling. Both methods are effective.

Yup...I'll buy that !!!

If XPO doesnt rid itself of the cancer that is middle management at conway then XPO will be XPO in name only.
The sum of the parts of conway is greater than the whole and there are many hardworking folks there. They need a rebirth, give the company some new life and Con-way can be more profitable than OD.
Give the frontline folks a reason to come to work and the change will be phenomenal.

Business is about people.
Agree 100% century, Robert h. Is the regional manager the former xcw t.m. that was ask to resign or get fired , xpo has a lot more house cleaning to do.

I heard the same thing and from a reliable source, I imagine it's true. Do you think the higher ups are leaving because they don't like where XPO is going to take the company or because they fear they won't be able to push out some of the stupid crap they got away with as Con-way mgmt? Paul Lawrensen if I spelled his name right, quit a couple of months ago. I don't know what his official title was, but I know he was above a regional manager. I had the misfortune of meeting him and the first impression of him I got was that he was a dick. Maybe he quit because he thought the new policy wouldn't let him be dick anymore? I don't think we should assume that some in mngmt are leaving because they think bad things are coming down from the top when there are other reasons for leaving as well.

Paul used to be a good guy before he went up the chain of command. I don't know what he's like now. Jacobs made no secret that he was going to cut the excess at the top; I guess some are leaving before they get fired.

Paul used to be a good guy before he went up the chain of command. I don't know what he's like now. Jacobs made no secret that he was going to cut the excess at the top; I guess some are leaving before they get fired.
Or are leaving because they don't like the direction the new ownership is taking them....

Paul was some kind of VP of operations directly above the regional manager. He is with YRC now.

Paul was some kind of VP of operations directly above the regional manager. He is with YRC now.
If let go, they have to sign a two year non compete clause. Essentially, they can't work for any transportation company for two years.

I'm confused. Most drivers dislike management, but they're concerned that they're leaving? I'd think the drivers that dislike management would be happy with them leaving.

Most informed drivers dislike poor decisions and crappy leadership.

If it happens to be management then , there you go. If management is competent , intelligent , honest , communicative , and transparent - who would want to see a person or people like that go? Hopefully , we hold on to people , talent , management and non-management AND an effort is made to find MORE people like this within XPO and outside of this company if needed.

If this economy stays slow like this for the rest of the year, everyone will start slashing freight rates to put something in their trailers. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and some companies will haul freight for free if they have to, just to keep their drivers working. Others will have mass layoffs if this doesn't change soon. It's looking and sounding like a tough year up ahead.