ADuiePyle | Pyle loses Lowes Account

Be thankful for losing that account. Most of those discount stores are so picky about their freight. I bet PYLE wasnt making any money off of them. Let the NON-Union companies have it. They will discount them too at over 70% and pay dock workers top dollar to slip sheet load it. Loss of revenue in my book. Pyle will pick up another account soon, They are a good carrier.

pyle is non-union...........

lowe's and home depot are money loosers--- to much discount for the account and no money made--- you can have an account at $1,000,000 a year and cost $1,200,000 a year to handle---where's the profit????

lowe's and home depot are money loosers--- to much discount for the account and no money made--- you can have an account at $1,000,000 a year and cost $1,200,000 a year to handle---where's the profit????

Nobody on this board is qualified to say if an account makes money or loses money.

I also am sure that Pyle would love to continue their relationship with Lowe's. ADP took a lot of pride in that account, as they do in all accounts, and does not haul freight to lose money.

This is in reference to Friend of the frog. You say "nobody on this board is qualified to say if an account makes money or loses money". How do you know that there arent account execs or management that post or read on this site? Do you realise that there are. FedEx Freight and FedEx National are the new nationwide carriers for Lowes. This will be officialy announced Feb 5Th. We also secured Borders Books. I guess Lowes went with us because we can move it more efficiciently and we service every zip code in the U.S.

Account managers and terminal managers do not have access tp all the information that dictates whether an account operates profitably. They are told by the pricing analysts and directors which accounts operate well, etc. They are not orivy to costing models, etc.

Trust me I know that other people besides drivers visit here and some even post. So yea there is a chance that someone here can say if an account operates well or not. Its just that the people who have access to that information would never post it on a message board, that would be rather dumb.

The only trouble with home improvment shippments.
They are very prone to damage being moved with a mix of heavy freight.
A lot of times the pallets are odd shapes,and are hard to load with other freight.

Any company can under cut their compeitors to take away national accounts,but if they start paying damage claims,they may regret getting the account,in the first place?

Not that I am aware of.We are gonna del direct.
I"m sure there will be circumstances SAIA will
get some frt,but not the majority

I believe jevic got the valspar freight in the north because its water based product and needs to be heated. I know at the store I deliver to they make sure the heater is running and go in with a thermometer to check the temp.

Response to PYLE Loses Lowe's Business

Actually Lowe's is going into Canada next year. Con-way was brought in to help round out the program with that in mind. FedEx Nat'l was brought in to round out the FedEx Freight offering just like Motor Cargo was brought in when Overnite bought them several years ago. Pyle was dropped only because they had limited coverage, the Northeast. Their service has been great and their cost is competitive. I heard those were the reasons for the changes. Cost had no bearing in the decision that was made.

mr. o'kane was at npme when we lost 10mil+ home depot account, or said enough is enough. i'm sure he will steer ADP, through this lowes loss also.

Beginning in Feb, Pyle will no longer service Lowes home centers. This is a rather large chunk of there business and probaly explains there cut throat pricing of 50.00 a skid anywhere in N.E. Lowes accounts for close to 15% of there total business and will definitly hurt there bottom line. With the slow economy this is the last thing Pyle needed.
with what slow economy??? the Dow Jones has been closing @ record highs every day. Its up around 12,700. You are so missled about our economy. Where are you getting your info from? Lou Dobbs or Wolf Blitzer.Flammin LIB ain,ta.:stupid: :stupid: :annoyed:

This is in reference to Friend of the frog. You say "nobody on this board is qualified to say if an account makes money or loses money". How do you know that there arent account execs or management that post or read on this site? Do you realise that there are. FedEx Freight and FedEx National are the new nationwide carriers for Lowes. This will be officialy announced Feb 5Th. We also secured Borders Books. I guess Lowes went with us because we can move it more efficiciently and we service every zip code in the U.S.

Tundra2000 - Calm down please. You will find over your career that you will probably work for other carriers as the years pass by. That's just the way it is in our business. No need to rub it in on the Pyle guys.

Just my opinion. I want to keep it friendly here.

Dont forget conway

I heard FedEx frieght and FedEx National (Watkins) got the account

Dont forget that conway also hauls for lowes. It seems that nobody mentions Conway, even though they do twice the freight business of UPS or Fedex. UPS and Fedex both do about 2 billion dollars a year in sales. Conway does over 4 Billion dollars!!!:nutkick: