Pyle loses Lowes Account

Discussion in 'A. Duie Pyle' started by Irishman107, Jan 21, 2007.

1. nightowl

nightowl Active Member

pyle is non-union...........

2. peg leg

peg leg Member

lowe's and home depot are money loosers--- to much discount for the account and no money made--- you can have an account at $1,000,000 a year and cost $1,200,000 a year to handle---where's the profit????

3. Friend of the frog

Friend of the frog Member

Nobody on this board is qualified to say if an account makes money or loses money.

I also am sure that Pyle would love to continue their relationship with Lowe's. ADP took a lot of pride in that account, as they do in all accounts, and does not haul freight to lose money.

4. tundra2000

tundra2000 Member

This is in reference to Friend of the frog. You say "nobody on this board is qualified to say if an account makes money or loses money". How do you know that there arent account execs or management that post or read on this site? Do you realise that there are. FedEx Freight and FedEx National are the new nationwide carriers for Lowes. This will be officialy announced Feb 5Th. We also secured Borders Books. I guess Lowes went with us because we can move it more efficiciently and we service every zip code in the U.S.

5. Friend of the frog

Friend of the frog Member

Account managers and terminal managers do not have access tp all the information that dictates whether an account operates profitably. They are told by the pricing analysts and directors which accounts operate well, etc. They are not orivy to costing models, etc.

Trust me I know that other people besides drivers visit here and some even post. So yea there is a chance that someone here can say if an account operates well or not. Its just that the people who have access to that information would never post it on a message board, that would be rather dumb.

6. gearraker

gearraker Active Member

enjoy the boarders books account

7. longhaul

longhaul Member

Lowes

Jevic is now hauling a lot of Lowes freight .............

8. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

The only trouble with home improvment shippments.
    They are very prone to damage being moved with a mix of heavy freight.
    A lot of times the pallets are odd shapes,and are hard to load with other freight.

Any company can under cut their compeitors to take away national accounts,but if they start paying damage claims,they may regret getting the account,in the first place?

9. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

My understanding,Jevic only does the paint,Valspar.We went after the Valspar work because they are already a customer.

10. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

Is Jevic giving this to Saia?

11. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

Not that I am aware of.We are gonna del direct.
    I"m sure there will be circumstances SAIA will
    get some frt,but not the majority

12. cindig

cindig Member

I believe jevic got the valspar freight in the north because its water based product and needs to be heated. I know at the store I deliver to they make sure the heater is running and go in with a thermometer to check the temp.

13. Govols1

Govols1 Guest

Response to PYLE Loses Lowe's Business

Actually Lowe's is going into Canada next year. Con-way was brought in to help round out the program with that in mind. FedEx Nat'l was brought in to round out the FedEx Freight offering just like Motor Cargo was brought in when Overnite bought them several years ago. Pyle was dropped only because they had limited coverage, the Northeast. Their service has been great and their cost is competitive. I heard those were the reasons for the changes. Cost had no bearing in the decision that was made.

14. CFer

CFer Active Member

Welcome to the boards Govols1. It's good to have you with us

15. Govols1

Govols1 Guest

Thanks for the welcome. I hope you have a good weekend.

16. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

mr. o'kane was at npme when we lost 10mil+ home depot account, or said enough is enough. i'm sure he will steer ADP, through this lowes loss also.

17. hippo

hippo Member

with what slow economy??? the Dow Jones has been closing @ record highs every day. Its up around 12,700. You are so missled about our economy. Where are you getting your info from? Lou Dobbs or Wolf Blitzer.Flammin LIB ain,ta.:stupid: :stupid: :annoyed:

18. EastBoundnDown

EastBoundnDown New Member

Tundra2000 - Calm down please. You will find over your career that you will probably work for other carriers as the years pass by. That's just the way it is in our business. No need to rub it in on the Pyle guys.

Just my opinion. I want to keep it friendly here.

19. freightforwarder3rdparty

freightforwarder3rdparty New Member

i hope they go out of business, all i had is nightmare experience with them

20. linehaul

linehaul Member

Dont forget conway

Dont forget that conway also hauls for lowes. It seems that nobody mentions Conway, even though they do twice the freight business of UPS or Fedex. UPS and Fedex both do about 2 billion dollars a year in sales. Conway does over 4 Billion dollars!!!:nutkick: