FedEx Freight | Q2 results are public. Anyone curious about the next bonus?

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
FedEx Corp. Reports Higher Second Quarter Results

http://investors.fedex.com/news-and...x-Corp-Reports-Higher-Second-Quarter-Results/

"MEMPHIS, Tenn., December 19, 2017 ... FedEx Corp. today reported earnings of $2.84 per diluted share ($3.18 per diluted share on an adjusted basis) for the second quarter ended November 30, compared to earnings of $2.59 per diluted share ($2.77 per diluted share on an adjusted basis) a year ago."

MEMPHIS, Tenn., December 19, 2017 ... FedEx Corp. today reported earnings of $2.84 per diluted share ($3.18 per diluted share on an adjusted basis) for the second quarter ended November 30, compared to earnings of $2.59 per diluted share ($2.77 per diluted share on an adjusted basis) a year ago.

Not going too deep into the report right now, but we can take a quick look at the numbers related to the upcoming bonus.

For the second quarter, the FedEx Freight segment reported:

Revenue $1.76 billion

Operating income $118 million

Operating margin 6.7%

Year over Year, Revenue was up 10%, O/I up 34%, O/M up 1.2 points.

For the first quarter, the FedEx Freight segment reported:

Revenue $1.75 billion

Operating income $176 million

Operating margin 10.0%

Combined revenue of $351 Billion and an Operating income of $294 million brings the combined margin to 8.376.

Payout should be 2.18% of eligible earnings for the period. :clapping::cool::clapping:

Last edited:
Cool thanks for info Swamp. Merry Christmas brother.

You are welcome, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Keep in mind, the payout could be 2.19, due to rounding of the 8.376% margin number. Under the most favorable scenario, that 2.19% bonus could be rounded up to 2.2%.

Quite good, either way. Actually an 84%/85% improvement on year over year payout. :1036316054:

Last edited:
You are welcome, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Keep in mind, the payout could be 2.19, due to rounding of the 8.376% margin number. Under the most favorable scenario, that 2.19% bonus could be rounded up to 2.2%.

Quite good, either way. Actually an 84% improvement on year over year payout. :1036316054:
I heard fedex will use the bonus money to buy all employees,Big Dave style hats,instead of issuing a check?

I heard fedex will use the bonus money to buy all employees,Big Dave style hats,instead of issuing a check?
That may go over fine out west, but everywhere else? Not so much.

With the significance of this bonus, drivers can purchase their "hat of choice", and most all will have cash to spare...

No offense, but very few can pull off the "Big Dave hat" look.
:smilie93c peelout:

Be nice if Fed ex followed at&t and the banks and gave us even more since the tax reform passed. Wishful thinking I guess.

Big Dave already spent his bonus.

ikSBnpP.jpg

Be nice if Fed ex followed at&t and the banks and gave us even more since the tax reform passed. Wishful thinking I guess.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nnual-profits-by-1-3b/?utm_term=.8c89171cb65e

The president has yet to sign the Republican tax plan, but FedEx is already calculating its windfall.

Executives at the package delivery company say the passage of the bill, which promises massive cuts to the corporate tax rate, would prompt the company to increase spending on hiring, as well as new equipment and technology. The company also projects the changes to amount to a $1.3 billion increase in annual profits, according to calculations by Bloomberg.

As has been typical, the Jan. bonus payout was combined with your regular paycheck.

Not sure about others, but my Federal rate on total Taxable earnings (not gross) was 16.469%. I was a day short due to a snow day, if that matters. I'm told that the bonus portion is taxed at 25%. That actually sounds about right.

If history is any indicator, the July payout should be a separate check.:1036316054:

Last edited: