XPO | quality control

dieseldan02

TB Lurker
Credits
do you guys think conway needs quality control guys at there fac centers some dock and drivers dont know how to load a trailer , just asking thanks.

They were starting this at the FAC I run to, but is it that hard really? Are you not getting paid hourly to drop racks, find straps and dunnage to load the freight right. Lol dont get me started on it as it makes me upset.

We all have to drive back to our origin SIC's so you wouldnt want to drive an improperly loaded trailer, so think about that, and the fact someone has to deliver the damaged freight, which is embarrassing. Without the customer, we all cant get on those beautiful orange forklifts, we've come to love.

But if you try to fix a blown floor trailer your mm/hr average suffers and you have to hear an FOS's mouth or see your name at the bottom of the rankings.

They were starting this at the FAC I run to, but is it that hard really? Are you not getting paid hourly to drop racks, find straps and dunnage to load the freight right. Lol dont get me started on it as it makes me upset.

We all have to drive back to our origin SIC's so you wouldnt want to drive an improperly loaded trailer, so think about that, and the fact someone has to deliver the damaged freight, which is embarrassing. Without the customer, we all cant get on those beautiful orange forklifts, we've come to love.

But if you try to fix a blown floor trailer your mm/hr average suffers and you have to hear an FOS's mouth or see your name at the bottom of the rankings.

It is the same with my company...the difference is "I don't care"...and I have made it perfectly clear..."I don't care"...I do my job to my best...if it doesn't meet the need then "I don't care!!!"...

Did I say..."I don't care???"

Guess what Skippy!!!....I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!"

Rat

We have quality control people, they are called an FOS that is part of their job to 'supervise' . Unfortunately, if the FOS doesn't care then the drivers won't either.

All of the re-shipsused to have QC's. They were helpfull and the damages were less. That was also a time when the company was ran better

We have quality control people, they are called an FOS that is part of their job to 'supervise' . Unfortunately, if the FOS doesn't care then the drivers won't either.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOS need to HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE for not DOING THERE JOBS. Drivers get paid to do a job, FOS get paid to MAKE SURE that the drivers are doing there jobs. FOM get paid to make sure FOS are doing there jobs, and so on and so on. Too many folks collecting pay checks and not earning them in my opinion.

cant really expect much integrity from all the drivers when the company hasnt much to begin with. It starts with them and me

FOS need to HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE for not DOING THERE JOBS. Drivers get paid to do a job, FOS get paid to MAKE SURE that the drivers are doing there jobs. FOM get paid to make sure FOS are doing there jobs, and so on and so on. Too many folks collecting pay checks and not earning them in my opinion.

The management isn't held accountable for the job they do do why should the DSR's? Management is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

You scratch my back , and I'll scratch yers . The way dsr all should be !! united we stand devided we fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you guys think conway needs quality control guys at there fac centers some dock and drivers dont know how to load a trailer , just asking thanks.

We had these several years ago....didn't really work. They "trained"a dock worker to be it, and after several months they mostly were just annoying. Whatever you did was wrong and had to be redone, company eventually eliminated the entire department, sups and all, it was very inefficient. they did however each get this bright orange vest thingy, with Quality Control on the back like the million miler jackets....those were really special.

The management isn't held accountable for the job they do do why should the DSR's? Management is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Of course your right. EVERYBODY needs to be held accountable by somebody, from the President all the way down to you and I, we all need somebody calling us out when we are not doing the right thing. Some need more supervision than others.