SAIA | Quarterly Meetings

I want the best for Saia. With that said, I try to strive for excellence in everything I do. I don't think its worth the time to put in the effort unless its 100% I take a lot of pride in my job here with Saia, and it just knaws at me that I look to some folks with the "Manager" title and consistently see them just going through the motions. I'm sorry, but I hold them accountable just as much as they hold me accountable. They are in their respective positions for whatever reason, and all to often its like they forgot what got them there in the first place. They have lost their vision, their drive. I haven't. And when you make suggestions, ask questions, whatever...for them to show no respect but disrespect, that bothers me. I think it's wrong. I think it's something that needs to be addressed. I wake up everyday with the goal in mind to do it better today than I did yesterday. I have the outlook that things will get better, and I feel they will. But, on the other hand, I really wish they would improve in some areas that I can see as "key."
Things are getting better ... It just will take a little time ... We need more drivers like you that take great pride in their work ... We are on the same team and long as we continue to move in the right direction things will get better .... Some people here you can never make happy ..... They would find trouble even in paradise .... I'm reminded of a quote ...... "The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; the optimist, the opportunity in every difficulty." L.P. Jacks

Saia treats us more than fair ... We don't need a union ... And the first terminal that tries that will see a side of Saia they wish they haven't .... You would only lose with a union ... A union will never be part of the Saia legacy.

I feel a lot of companies or should I say, specific locations, could use a union. I don't think Saia is one of them. At least not around here.

Saia treats us more than fair ... We don't need a union ... And the first terminal that tries that will see a side of Saia they wish they haven't .... You would only lose with a union ... A union will never be part of the Saia legacy.
You believe this because you been on the other side of the fence as a dispatcher.How long have you been at Saia.Don't speek for every one else .Your a union hater because you have no pension and have been brainwashed. If your fellow employees want representation.No one will ask for your opinion. You don't have an open mind ,

Hey runnaway train wreck .I WILL DEBATE YOU ON ANY FORUM REGUARDING UNION POLITICS ANY PLACE ANY TIME.And this is a challenge. I have 37 years of experience. With a dozen different freight companies.

Hey runnaway train wreck .I WILL DEBATE YOU ON ANY FORUM REGUARDING UNION POLITICS ANY PLACE ANY TIME.And this is a challenge. I have 37 years of experience. With a dozen different freight companies.
Until the day comes when the good people of Saia think the union is the direction they want to go I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest with you. If the union comes calling 99.9 percent would send them packing .... Of course every company has their 1% like JK ... For every link you could provide as to why a union would be good ... I could post one on why they would be bad .... This company does not need a union in my opinion .... They treat us more than fair ... The men and women at FedEx ..... Conway ..... Stand at the crossroads .... That's their battle to fight ... I will state my opinion from time to time but for the most part I stay out because I don't work there. If by chance the employees here want to venture into those uncharted waters in todays free market. I will fight it until my last breath .... Some say because I haven't worked here that long that I shouldn't have a voice .... That somehow all that seniority they have makes them more important than me ... That I don't understand ..... Trust me .... I understand that if they choose to take that path they will be making a big mistake .... I will fight that battle if and when needed .... Until that day comes I have no intention in debating you on my forum at Saia or any other forum for that matter ... So move on back to the YRC forum and take comfort in the fact that you are right where you belong.... Maybe in 2019 you and your beloved Teamsters can give up a little more..... I want no part of Hoffa and his band of merry men ... He can offer me nothing but broken promises..... I've seen his promised land with all his concessions.... www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=34006

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right I"ll go back into my YRC forum and any other I choose that interest me.I don't play golf or drink beer with the management.

Management is not allowed to fraternize with employees. Would find themselves in a heap of trouble if they got caught. Favoritism, etc...

Until the day comes when the good people of Saia think the union is the direction they wanot to go I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest with you. If the union comes calling 99.9 percent would send them packing .... Of course every company has their 1% like JK ... For every link you could provide as to why a union would be good ... I could post one on why they would be bad .... This company does not need a union in my opinion .... They treat us more than fair ... The men and women at FedEx ..... Conway ..... Stand at the crossroads .... That's their battle to fight ... I will state my opinion from time to time but for the most part I stay out because I don't work there. If by chance the employees here want to venture into those uncharted waters in todays free market. I will fight it until my last breath .... Some say because I haven't worked here that long that I shouldn't have a voice .... That somehow all that seniority they have makes them more important than me ... That I don't understand ..... Trust me .... I understand that if they choose to take that path they will be making a big mistake .... I will fight that battle if and when needed .... Until that day comes I have no intention in debating you on my forum at Saia or any other forum for that matter ... So move on back to the YRC forum and take comfort in the fact that you are right where you belong.... Maybe in 2019 you and your beloved Teamsters can give up a little more..... I want no part of Hoffa and his band of merry men ... He can offer me nothing but broken promises..... I've seen his promised land with all his concessions.... YRC Teamsters Approve Contract Extension | Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News
Oh by the way train wreck by 2019 I shall be receiving my New England Teamsters pension lol keep working until you get social security if it's still around.

We could go on and on about unions here... The company is stressing no union in the meetings. Do I think it will happen at Saia? Doubt it. But that's what Conway and FedEx used to say too. Saia has a great opportunity to be proactive against the union, but they need less talk and more action. My advice to management is don't open the door for te union. Treat drivers better. I can't help but noise that they don't have these issues at OD. Wouldn't hurt to take a page or two from their book and see what happens

Oh by the way train wreck by 2019 I shall be receiving my New England Teamsters pension lol keep working until you get social security if it's still around.
I'm 59 and will retire at 62 ... I have an IRA and plenty in it ... My Ole Lady has her 401k and some mutual funds doing well ... I'm Debt free and the kids are grown ... I will be just fine.

Roadboss, before you get all cocky about who is getting what, just remember that Train has control over HIS money. Exactly how much control do you have over your pension fund and what guarantees would you like to share with us that your money will be there in 2019?

Roadboss, before you get all cocky about who is getting what, just remember that Train has control over HIS money. Exactly how much control do you have over your pension fund and what guarantees would you like to share with us that your money will be there in 2019?
I learned long ago about this thing called humility ... Over the years I never made the mistake of borrowing against my 401K's and always rolled them over into an IRA ... After my home was paid for I continued to contribute ... I don't live large ... I could, but I don't ... I don't drive fancy cars ... I could, but I don't ... I'm grateful for everything I've been blessed with ... Especially my health... Because without that you have nothing... Money can't buy you one second when your time comes... I encourage everyone to find humility ... And remember .. True nobility is not about being better than the next guy... It's about you being better than you use to be... A better husband... A better Father ... A better human being.

Last edited by a moderator:
We could go on and on about unions here... The company is stressing no union in the meetings. Do I think it will happen at Saia? Doubt it. But that's what Conway and FedEx used to say too. Saia has a great opportunity to be proactive against the union, but they need less talk and more action. My advice to management is don't open the door for te union. Treat drivers better. I can't help but noise that they don't have these issues at OD. Wouldn't hurt to take a page or two from their book and see what happens
This company is moving in the right direction ... Please, give it some time.

Keep living the dream. Those guy's are about profits before people.

I have plenty of control or my money and my pension fund is in great shape. I also have alternative savings just in case.It ain't cheap living in the north east, by the way thanks for asking.

can you be a little more specific? How much per hour and What happens to the money that the company pays into the pension and what kind of control do you have over it. What happens to the excess amount if you should pass away? C'mon don't be shy. Tell us that you are not counting on social security to be there for you. Tell us what guarantees that the New England pension has given you so that you are not worried about it being there for the next 40 years?