ABF | Question about accident rules?

crazysandy

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
What's the rule in the contract regarding preventable accidents? Hubs had pretty good Oops don't know where his copy of contract is and apparently they don't know or aren't telling. I'm ok with worst case scenario lose half his pension sell our house buy acreage in another state not the end of the world for me. Something about truck rolling guy was fine could have been terrible forklift and guy fell out he is suspended.

It's one of the cardinal sins. Depends on how bad the accident was and if driver was irresponsible. If he was suspended, then that's his punishment. They don't do partial pensions. IT will be grieved, and the process will decide if punishment was just.

What's the rule in the contract regarding preventable accidents? Hubs had pretty good Oops don't know where his copy of contract is and apparently they don't know or aren't telling. I'm ok with worst case scenario lose half his pension sell our house buy acreage in another state not the end of the world for me. Something about truck rolling guy was fine could have been terrible forklift and guy fell out he is suspended.
Follow these steps to find the ABF NMFA and all of its Supplements.
1) Go to www.teamsters.org.
2) Click on “Divisions & Conferences”.
3) Scroll down and click on “Freight Division”.
4) Scroll down and click on “ABF NMFA and Supplemental Agreements”.
5) Scroll down and click on your Supplemental Agreement.
6) Scroll down and look for the Article on “Discharge or Suspensions”.
My supplement is the Southern Region and the Article is #46.

Steward of the Rock you rock hubs back to work tomorrow!!!Hubs just got off the phone with BA for all the union haters out there 😉 . Awesome deal
Fantastic news Sandy!!!
Accidents are going to happen from time to time and I agree with you about the Union haters. Had this happened at a non-Union job, chances are good your husband would already be job shopping with an accident on his record.